Working with people younger than you...

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dana_*

Guest_Dana_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:01 AM

OMG. Sometimes, it's so annoying to work with people younger than you! Listening to their conversations, I feel about a MILLION years old. And I CANNOT stand them telling me what to do or talking down to me like I'm effing stupid. Especially coming from someone who got hired at the same time as me, so she doesn't know things any more than I do.

OH, then her 20yo childless ass telling me that it's time for me to stop breastfeeding. LOL! umm, okay, honey. How about you age a few years, pop out a kid, then tell me what I should do. I just laughed at her. Silly child.

#2 Guest_zerodog_*

Guest_zerodog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:14 AM

That's not like you to NOT comment! :stickpoke
Instead of getting into an argument of "Oh yeah?!"s, simply rise above it with an air of supreme superiority.

I had the other end of the spectrum; at nearly 40, I was one of the the youngest people in the place, and I constantly had the old bitties telling me what a baby I was. I told them that age has nothing to do with the number of years you've lived, it is signified in the number of life experiences you've accrued throughout those years, and just how many of those had they had compared to me? THAT shut them the hell up. ;)

#3 Guest_angelbear_*

Guest_angelbear_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:45 PM

your best bet is just to keep reminding yourself that
eventually she will be where you are
and she will be annoyed by a youngster

#4 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 02:23 PM

I was only ever not the youngest once!!! this is going to be HORRIBLE this time around!! everything is going to be SOOOO different now!! Oh great now I'm stressing about THAT too! September is going to be a horrible life changing month!! Oh right about you... ya she's a child and therefore knows everything. I remember when I knew all there was to know about everythign. I wish I still did! Life would be SO much easier!! LOL

#5 Guest_Jennw3_*

Guest_Jennw3_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2010 - 05:59 PM

I used to love when they would complain about how tired and busy they were and they really needed to leave early because they had X,Y,Z to do.

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:18 PM

Yeah.. I didn't work with them per say, but I went to school with A LOT of them for the last 4 years..hehe I think its entertaining most of the time!

#7 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 06:33 PM

When I worked at green giant or whatever they call it now my supervisor was like 16 and thought he knew everything. Drove me insane working with him!

;I; am sure going back to school will be interesting since most will probably be younger

#8 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 07:22 PM

It was much easier before workplace harassment legislation. We had one kid start with us like he was some kind of God's Gift - until one huge, bodybuilding type looked him up and down, licked his lips and told him "You're pretty...."

Buddy kept to himself after that.

#9 Keegsmama

Keegsmama

pfffffft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

During the week during the day I work with people who are all my mother's age.
At night and on the weekends they are all 10 years younger than me.

I love working with the younger ones better. They are awesome.
Luck of the draw really.

#10 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 08:32 PM

During the week during the day I work with people who are all my mother's age.
At night and on the weekends they are all 10 years younger than me.

I love working with the younger ones better. They are awesome.
Luck of the draw really.

I agree- luck of the draw- I have had it go both ways.... but in general - I hate when people think they know what is better for me and my children- young or old!! but really... you didn't say anything dana? hehe

#11 Guest_Dana_*

Guest_Dana_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:57 AM

LOL! I'm still new. I didn't want to show people just HOW much of a b*tch I am! lol
But this girl has used up her last chance with me. I was told she was talking shit about me, so it's ON! lol

#12 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 09:45 AM

Aww man.. that sucks! Just don't do anything to get yourself fired!! I hate when the petty, talking shit starts. That's just not cool!

#13 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:28 PM

wow - great post Dana, thanks.

I agree.......be the better person.