4 replies to this topic

#1 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:52 AM

Do you do x-mas gift for work? What is appropriate to get your boss, co-worker or your employees?

#2 suejw

suejw

member since march 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 09:57 AM

I usually give a bottle of wine, or a box of chocolates, we don't necessarily do gifts, but I love giving gifts, so I usually bring in something. I have a small office though, there's just me, the boss and one other person that comes in once a week.

#3 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 10:06 AM

HECK NO!!

at most there is always a co-worker that wants to do the secret santa gag gift exchange type thing. Last year I was able to convince co-workers to adopt a family. That was a big hit and my co-workers enjoyed getting it organized but some did say they missed the gag gift type exchange. So there was talk of doing both. I personally hate the buying gifts for adults simply for the sake of buying a gift.

#4 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 12:06 PM

We normally got our owners a Swaraoski Xmas ornament, but decided last year to go with Plan Canada, and purchase a water well, a mango tree, and a goat for a village in Africa

I liked THAT idea sooo much better.

I'm doing it for the kids teachers this year too- do the teacher really need ANOTHER stinking coffee mug, or picture frame??

#5 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

I love gift cards