5 replies to this topic

#1 my3babes

my3babes

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 52 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:51 AM

To all the Moms on maternity leave, how do you do it?
I must say staying home is not my thing. I love being with my kids, immensely, but I find I can get more accomplished at home when I work full time. Maybe its because all day long at home consists of cooking meals cleaning the kitchen and then repeat. I do get out often to play places, parks, walks etc. But that is sometimes hard when I don't get a good nights sleep. I am up sometimes 6 or more times! Baby is nursing and wants to cosleep but that is getting to be hard on me, especially when other 2 kids crawl into bed with me. I guess I'm just ranting and hope that I'm not alone in saying staying at home is really tough.

#2 Jessica H

Jessica H

Proud mom of 3 beautiful kids

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:13 AM

I agree staying at home is tough and after my third child I was so ready to go back to work. I felt like a maid and started to get in a rut. I definatly get more done and function better while working. Staying home is not for every mom....I can admit I am one of them...I was home for 3 years and that was enough for me. I love my job and working, and I love spending time with my kids, but its not enough for me to be a homemaker. I'm sure you will feel better in time when you are back at your normal routine. Good luck!

#3 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 10:21 AM

I thought the exact same thing. Working is much more my thing. What I found to be the biggest help was getting out as much as possible.

Part of the biggest reason for me is the 1st year - newborn stage is not my most favourite. The first 6 months were a struggle to find my way and I was very anxious to get back but just as my mat leave was about to end my kids were so dam cute and fun to be around that I dreaded heading back..

#4 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:21 AM

Not me-- I have all the issues you mentioned above, plus have to work full time. For me, it results in nothing really getting my full attention because I am too busy trying to multitask 5 other things

Edited by Lasergirl, 02 November 2010 - 11:22 AM.

#5 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 11:26 AM

I worked 2 jobs before I had my daughter and didn't want to go back to work. I had to return for financial reasons (obviously lol) and i hate every second of it. I'd much rather spend the time with my daughter.

#6 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

I liked being busy and tried to find playgroups, trips and activities to keep me out and about!