Employment questions

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Poll: Employment (67 member(s) have cast votes)

Are you employed ? (multiple choice)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Is your job .. (multiple choice)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

Are you unionized ?

Do you get benifits ? (Multiple choice)

Do you pay into a pension threw work?

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Guest_~Tracy~_*

Guest_~Tracy~_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:25 PM

Just some questions..

#2 Guest_mom2spiritedboy_*

Guest_mom2spiritedboy_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:45 PM

it won't let me answer because in my job I do not get benefits - and "none" or something similar is not an answer available

#3 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 01 May 2009 - 09:20 AM

some very good questions.

#4 Guest_Kears_*

Guest_Kears_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 May 2009 - 12:50 PM

The benefits choice should include "no benefits".

I work from home, I run an in-home daycare. I pay into CPP for pension, but I don't have benefits...except through my hubby and he's non-union and our benefits cost him a bundle and they still suck! $10 co-pay for 'scripts....some cost less than this, so often we just pay the whole amount! Lucky we're healthy!

#5 Guest_BoonievilleWriter_*

Guest_BoonievilleWriter_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 11:18 AM

I work in home and out of home myself. My spouse is the stay at home parent (for now however, his profession is trucker).

I work at a 7\11 for guaranteed income on a part time bases - no union, no benefits.

At home I am a graphics designer and writer full time - I am part of a writer's guild and union, I have out of pocket benefits (not from the guild or union, personal private benefits paid for out of pocket). I am also part of a writer's group within town and work on charity basis for the local no kill animal shelter (just recently acquired client through my graphics designing company).

I guess you could call it, different strokes for different folks. wink.gif

#6 Guest_allie_*

Guest_allie_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 August 2009 - 12:22 PM

I work f/t and *I* find it physically demanding, but it shouldn't really be. It's only because of some pre existing problems, that it is demanding. It's for sure certainly not at all mentally demanding lol.
We do have a benefits plan, of 80% coverage, after six months there. I don't think there's a pension? Never thought to ask. Non union, there are only like six of us who work there smile.gif
My dh is laid off but normally works f/t, has a union and crappy benefits package it seems. We do pay into a pension there, which is one of the reasons the job is worthwhile - it's a great pension plan, so far anyway.

#7 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 16 August 2009 - 05:47 PM

Part-time out of the home
Physically demanding, and by that I mean always on the go
No union
No benefits although in order to vote I had to put that I had medical, but I don't
I only pay into CPP

Edited by jenny, 16 August 2009 - 05:48 PM.

#8 Jessica H

Jessica H

Proud mom of 3 beautiful kids

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:08 AM

I work full time out of the house, mentally demanding, not unionized (used to be), we have both medical and dental benefits, LTD, group life etc., we have OMERS, so we pay a % of our gross income and our employer pays the same.

Edited by Jessica H, 17 August 2009 - 07:09 AM.

#9 Guest_terbear_*

Guest_terbear_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:46 AM

I am surprised, according to the poll, how many on here work full time outside the home. Where are you all and why don't you post more often?

#10 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:20 PM

QUOTE(terbear @ Aug 17 2009, 08:46 AM) View Post
I am surprised, according to the poll, how many on here work full time outside the home. Where are you all and why don't you post more often?

More traffic would be great!

#11 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 06 October 2009 - 02:58 PM

This was VERY good to learn

Thanks ~Tracy~

smile.gif

#12 Guest_LyndaSoo35_*

Guest_LyndaSoo35_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 October 2009 - 06:26 PM

QUOTE(terbear @ Aug 17 2009, 08:46 AM) View Post

Too tired to type

After 8 hours at work, and then a full time job when we get home, there just isn't much time to be on here for more than a few minutes a day ( if even that!)