3 replies to this topic

#1 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 11:01 AM

Hi there I thought I'd take a few min to introduce myself to anyone who might not know me. (never know there may be someone new LOL)

I'm a Stay At Home Mom of 3 littles. And it's my dream job! I used to work full time as a nurse and dream of a day when I would be able to just stay home with a baby or two. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would happen. My decision to be a SAHM was one that happened by suprise. I found a positive preg test when my youngest was 4 only 4 months old. It was obvious that going back to work when I had 2 very small children at home was not going to happen. I would have ended up paying more for a live in nanny (I did 12 hr shifts 4 days in a row with an hour drive time each way I would have had to have someone in the house) and that would have been the whole pay check. Why pay someone else to raise the kids when I could myself and WANTED to!? So I quit my job, we moved back to windsor (from BC) and I got my very rewarding but stressful career as a SAHM.

#2 Guest_allie_*

Guest_allie_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:31 PM

Thanks for the intro. I've seen you commenting on stuff on my facebook and always wondered who the heck you were! (hahaha).
Seriously though...wish I could belong in this forum. Does it count if I'm only reluctantly working and would much prefer to be home?
Probably not. I should tell dh to join up so he can join here and be your first SAHD member smile.gif

#3 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:36 PM

I am sure it was not a very easy choice.......glad to hear that you are happy!

smile.gif

#4 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 17 August 2009 - 07:41 PM

its funny that 2 people from BC has the same story
it must be the water out there lolol
welcome to mod