11 replies to this topic

#1 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:09 PM

what made you decide it was time to go back to school?

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:15 PM

back in Jan
i was starting a new chapter in my life it left like it
trying to losse weight
baby was looking like she was about to stop nuring
and i found a few upgade school i could do for free online at home
i knew it would long road but i was ready to take jump
this have change a few times but i am still going storng i hope
and this form on M2M helped alot to

#3 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 09 October 2010 - 11:19 PM

I am seriously thinking of going back too. Looking for something easier on the body.

#4 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 07:24 AM

I am seriously thinking of going back too. Looking for something easier on the body.

oh I understand that!! I knew a 60 yr old doing that job the one day when there still wasn't any a/c in the building I thought for sure she was going to end up in a bed instead of getting people out of it!!

#5 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:41 AM

For me it was that I am tired of being stuck in a rut and the only jobs I can get are fast food/customer service working minimum wage and being treated like crap. I want a steady good paying job that I know I can find another anywhere no matter where we move or what changes in our lives. I want a better life for my family so that is what is pushing me through to finish my grade 12 and then go to college to become a nurse. It's a very long road and with some other things that we are going through right now it is very hard to even see light at the end of the tunnel but I know in the end I will have no regrets.

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 10 October 2010 - 08:51 AM

I wanted a career not just a job. I felt like I needed a change in my life and wanted to do something to help people

#7 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 12:43 PM

I wanted a career not just a job. I felt like I needed a change in my life and wanted to do something to help people

what is it you're thinking about going in for?

#8 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 08:53 PM

I start CSW (community service worker) course in November

#9 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 11 October 2010 - 11:20 PM

Oh cool that's next month!! Good luck!!!

#10 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 12 October 2010 - 07:33 AM

Thank you! I am super stoked

#11 Guest_Amanda_*

Guest_Amanda_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 October 2010 - 05:31 PM

For me I always knew what I wanted to do and having to persue University. I want more for myself a career and to do something I love which is teach and work with children.

#12 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 02:08 PM

For me it was the realization that we would literally always struggle. I wanted so much better for myself and my children. I want to offer my children all the opportunities that I can, and also show them that achievements and success are possible even in the face of very difficult circumstances. I guess part of it was proving it to myself too. I wanted to prove that I wasn't the stereotype.. I wasn't going to fall into that sort of cycle.

I also wanted to be a nurse since I can remember. I really feel that its in my heart. No one in my family is a nurse, so its not like I had that example, I just always wanted to do it. When I am there, I feel right. I feel proud. I couldn't NOT pursue what was calling me. It sounds totally cheesy, and I know I will have a lot of obstacles and hard times in my future, but I feel like when things are right, you just know.

I want to point out that my post speaks of MY frame of mind, and my expectations of myself. In no way am I judging mothers who don't chose my path, or who dedicate themselves to their families in other ways!