10 replies to this topic

#1 Beautiful-Soul

Beautiful-Soul

Member for almost 2 years

• Members
  • Pip
  • 279 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:05 PM

Just thought I'd brag about starting my placement today to finish off college as a medical office administrator... woo hooo :YAY

Gonna need good vibes though to get through this next 2 weeks! Filing charts is NOT fun when you have 12 FULL boxes on the floor next and behind eachother (so their hard to get to). To add I can't STAND the feeling of scrubs, the material drives me nuts and gives me chills. :wacko: Are there any scrubs out there that have a softer or different kind of material?

#2 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 05:42 PM

I never had an issue with my scrubs I used Viniger in the wash it made the soft and I use to wear an long sleeved shirt under the top or a t shirt try that

#3 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 09:37 AM

Good Luck and congrats on finally finding a placement!!No advice on the scrubs,they never bothered me either, but definatly try and put something under them.

#4 boyrsfun

boyrsfun

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 239 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 12:01 PM

I just seen stretchy scrubs in the marks flyer.. maybe try them.

#5 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 06:08 PM

I like the ones from Marks Work Wearhouse. They were my favorite.

#6 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

Congrats! I never had a problem either with scrubs- but found them cold in the winter. I used to put a long sleeve top underneath in the winter

#7 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:11 AM

I buy the Marks Work Wearhouse ones too. They are comfy and come in flared bottoms, which I much prefer to the tapered ones! They are a bit more expensive than some places, but I wait for them to be on sale and they are totally worth the extra price. (I think they are on sale right now, actually!) Only issues I have with them is sizing. Their scrubs run big. I am a size 7-8 and I wear extra small there, and they are still quite roomy. If you are smaller than me, I don't think you'd find comfortable sizes there!

ETA:Congrats!

Edited by ~Jill~, 24 October 2010 - 08:12 AM.

#8 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 24 October 2010 - 08:49 AM

For scrubs there is a store on Ottawa that has a huge selection. In the past couple years the selection of scrubs available has become amazing! Styles and fabrics have come a long way. In the winter I wear leggings and long sleeved Ts under my scrubs a lot for warmth.

Good Luck.

BTW....I've bought the ones at Mark's too and loved them. I found the pants didn't hold up well since the elastic at the back stretched out quickly. I now avoid back elastic pants. I also found the pants just wear quickly. My shirts are holding up OK though. I have scrubs that are over 15yrs old that still wear OK. The ones I bought at Marks I try to not wear because after 2yrs the pants are uncomfortable, stained and beginning to look older than my old ones. That said....Paying less than 30 for a set or 2 every couple of years isn't bad.

#9 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:28 PM

we used to go to the one on Ottawa too... is it the Uniform Closet? I loved the ones from there. when we moved to BC we actually had my mom go there before she came out once because we couldn't find anything as good out there LOL

#10 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 09:53 PM

Uniform Closet here as well

#11 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:33 PM

How much are they at Uniform Closet? I was under the impression that it was more expensive there.