2 replies to this topic

#1 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 November 2010 - 09:37 PM

Well, review week is passed and half the semester has come and gone.

I personally am starting to really struggle. Finding myself missing class to get other things done or focus on other school work. Having trouble focussing on deadlines. Can't seem to find the time to adequately study. Generally feeling like i'm treading water and rapidly fatiguing. I've never been a struggling student in all my post secondary experiences, but now I am ashamed to admit I am struggling.

My first round of tests went well, thankfully, so I have some cushion, but I am having a hard time.

I want this so bad, but just have so much going on everywhere in my life that I am just really starting to sink and I'm worried I've gone so far off track i might not be able to get back up.

Anyone else facing a mid semester slump?

#2 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 11:15 AM

Its definitely tough.. best thing I can say is take it one day at a time. Relax, breathe. You CAN do this!! If you do miss class, make sure you have someone who can fill you in, or share handouts to copy, etc. Its not the end of the world if its a rare occurrence. I find a lot of important details can be missed that way though, so its best to have a "buddy" in place. hehe

This was my motto for 4 years.. LOL I do find that it really works.

ETA: Schedule too, if you have too. My agenda was filled with times allotted to certain things. I would write down everything I had to get done in order of importance, and go down the list. You get the most important things done, and the stuff that can wait, waits. I was in an extremely intensive program, but I found that it got easier to balance as I went along. You get used to it, but it does take quite sometime. It is also definitely normal to have slumps, and even wonder why you are doing this, and if its worth it. Just remember what made you decide to do it in the first place, and why it's really important to you and the future of your family.

Good luck, its not easy, but it most definitely CAN be done.

Edited by ~Jill~, 04 November 2010 - 11:17 AM.

#3 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 04 November 2010 - 03:50 PM

I'm almost done my first part of my second last course and I STILL have one more chapter to get through and I start the last course next week! LOL I ended up with an awful cold and every evening I would cough till I was just in tears it was so bad so I got some great cough medicine but it's SO hard to get school work done when you fall asleep with your head in the book LOL and trust me things doing ooze into your head LOL