#1 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:46 AM

What did you think of last nite's show?

Overall, I thought it was well done. HOWEVER, I don't like that Charlotte is unwilling to acknowledge the rape. That she won't report it. Then at the end of the show, there was a PSA telling victims to report it and here's a hotline number. I think it would be much more effective if she has admitted it. I'm sure it will come out next week, but still. I just wish that they would have had her talk about it, rather than perpetuate the stigma.

What do you think?

#2 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

I agree 100%. Really hope that she admits it next week!!!

#3 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:04 AM

I agree with you. I loved the epidsode but there were 2 things that bugged me.. The face she wouldnt report, the fact that Addison is breaking her legal and ethical obligations and the fact that the police couldnt put 2+2 together just because there was no rape.. I get the point they are making that if you dont report it, people walk and it can happen to someone else.. But the fact they have a guy covered in blood in a jail cell and a vicious robbery and battery and cant put it together makes them look stupid....

okay sorry guess that was 3.

#4 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:07 AM

I agree with you. I loved the epidsode but there were 2 things that bugged me.. The face she wouldnt report, the fact that Addison is breaking her legal and ethical obligations and the fact that the police couldnt put 2+2 together just because there was no rape.. I get the point they are making that if you dont report it, people walk and it can happen to someone else.. But the fact they have a guy covered in blood in a jail cell and a vicious robbery and battery and cant put it together makes them look stupid....

They haven't been able to put it together yet cause one they don't know where he committed his crime and the officers from the hospital wouldn't have had time to even get back to police station. Remember this all has been in one night! I am sure they will eventually.

#5 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:08 AM

Yeah, that was bugging me too! But I imagine that once Sheldon finds out about Charlotte's attack, he'll put it together. I hope.

#6 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:19 AM

They haven't been able to put it together yet cause one they don't know where he committed his crime and the officers from the hospital wouldn't have had time to even get back to police station. Remember this all has been in one night! I am sure they will eventually.

I know it was all in one night, but they should still know that there was a dispatch call, and the officers who took the original report would have had plenty of time to get back to the police station. At one point Sam made reference to it being 4am..

Yeah, that was bugging me too! But I imagine that once Sheldon finds out about Charlotte's attack, he'll put it together. I hope.

yes I thought that too.. Leave it to Sheldon to put it together.

#7 Gemma2

Gemma2

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 07:42 AM

I thought it was good, however I agree with all the points made about her note reporting it. If that guy in the jail had blood all over him and confessed to raping someone, why didn`t they take his shirt and take blood samples from it?

At the beginning of the episode, Charlotte locked her underwear in the desk drawer so I am hoping she will report it next week...and I don`t think she gets pg from him, I think she is already pg..the whole no exam, no drugs thing, yeah it`s related to her NA but also could be a sign of pg..

Sheldon will figure it all out, I hope.

#8 Jessica H

Jessica H

Proud mom of 3 beautiful kids

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:27 AM

I thought it was good, however I agree with all the points made about her note reporting it. If that guy in the jail had blood all over him and confessed to raping someone, why didn`t they take his shirt and take blood samples from it?

At the beginning of the episode, Charlotte locked her underwear in the desk drawer so I am hoping she will report it next week...and I don`t think she gets pg from him, I think she is already pg..the whole no exam, no drugs thing, yeah it`s related to her NA but also could be a sign of pg..

Sheldon will figure it all out, I hope.

Agree, she locked them in her drawer!!! and I think she is prego and the drama will be next...who's kid is it????????????????
And Sheldon better figure it out and fast!

#9 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 09:35 AM

I thought the show was gripping and very well done, but was also really peeved that she would not do the rape kit or report what had happened. When a tv series opts to do a rape episode,they should make more of an effort to show woman that it is okay to talk to someone and not to feel ashamed by reporting a rape and not to hide it so that these jerks can go out and hurt another.

I do think that Addison will most likely call Sheldon in next weeks episode and he will put two and two together or maybe Violet and Cooper will find the contents of the drawer since they breached the crime scene and it will all come out then.

I can't see this staying a secret on the show.

#10 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 04:46 PM

I 100% agree with you Dana it really bothered me too that they didn't get her to report it as I too think it would have been a better thing to show than how she trying to hide it.

#11 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:04 PM

As someone who was raped, I was furious that they took that avenue in the show and than had a PSA at the end of the show. I wish that her "friend" would have stuck to her principles and said "let's take a rape kit just to be on the safe side". I didn't report my rape, but thankfully he didn't rape anyone else. I didn't tell anyone until I started dating my DH which was 7 years after the rape had happened. I am so thankful that my DH is a very patient person, as the hell that poor man went through when he tried to hug or kiss me the first couple of months we were dating.

Even before she was examined, if the hospital would have followed protocol, they would have called the police within the first minutes after the attack ~ no matter if the attack walked through the ER doors or if the attack took place internally. Someone has some explainin' to do.

#12 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:16 PM

I know what everyone is saying, but wasnt the message they were sending is that if you dont report it, the guy is free to walk and do it to someone else?
It bugged me that she didnt report it, but I think they were trying to send a bigger message.

#13 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:25 PM

I know what everyone is saying, but wasnt the message they were sending is that if you dont report it, the guy is free to walk and do it to someone else?
It bugged me that she didnt report it, but I think they were trying to send a bigger message.

They hardly touched on that though. Addison mentioned that he could rape someone else, and Sheldon said something at the end of the show. But that didn't really stick in my mind. It didn't make much of an impact on the viewer, IMO.

So I hope that since they chose to go that route, that they show that he does rape someone else, so that Charlotte sees what she did by not reporting it.

And Moosemom, I'm sorry you had to go thru that. But I am glad that the douchebag didn't rape anyone else. What a shitty thing to have to live with! "Men" who do that should be castrated.

#14 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:41 PM

what was odd for me
she said yes to all of the moring after pill(no issue with it) and HIV stuff
but did not want to get a rape kit done,
would they wonder why she got the that stuff
and the other

#15 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 05 November 2010 - 06:49 PM

D, it was more at the end .. yes, Addison touched on it, but it was after the guy admitted to raping someone and the detective was talking to Sheldon, it seemed as though the detective was emphasizing the fact that unless someone reported the rape even though he admitted to it, they couldnt charge him or hold him for it.

#16 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 06 November 2010 - 12:35 AM

I wonder did she do the rape kit anyhow just in case but did not tell her.

Also I think it will come out in this next week. It m]pissed me off but they did have to be true to her character as well so I feel they made the right choice even though I am against the choice they made. lol hope that made sense

#17 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 01:37 AM

There is a great article about this very topic on E-online that really sheds a lot of light on why they did the episode that way.

#18 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:10 AM

..... but they did have to be true to her character as well so I feel they made the right choice even though I am against the choice they made....

Jodi ~ Your comment got me to thinking and than reading the E-online article ... this was/is the character, so not reporting is staying true to who she is = always having to be in control, so by being raped, she wasn't in control. If I read the article correctly, they will be dealing with this situation appropriately and how the attack will affect the victim, as well as the co-survivors. I mean the commercials for the next episode show that she is dealing with the nightmares and how it is affecting her s/o.

But also, this episode has accomplished a lot, even without the PSA at the end .... it has started discussion threads all over the place. People who normally wouldn't discuss things like this are. In fact, I was talking with my Father the other day and the topic of the show came up. He had never told me how he felt about the fact that I hadn't told him until 5 years later, how helpless he felt because he couldn't protect his "little girl" (even though I was in my early 20s), and how he felt bad for not handling himself better when I finally told my parents (he yelled at me for not telling the Police).

Dana ~ Thanks for your words, but castration was the simpliest solution that I thought of doing to him. Two words: potato peeler and lemon juice ! ! ! :spiteful