#1 Rebekah

Rebekah

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:23 PM

I would like to significantly delay my dd vaccinations, do I need to
fill out any kind of form for this to present to the doctor?

For those of you who delayed vaxing, what was your time line?
Did you omit some vax's? What did you omit?

#2 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:27 PM

if you get a Dr thats is ok with i think no
but they do have one for schools
so if your asked for one
you many need to get it

i did not need one for dr
but school yes i did

http://vran.org/legacy/docs/form-2.pdf

#3 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:47 PM

With Leiken, we stopped after 6mths. He hasn't had anything since. Dresden hasn't had any at all. No doctor has actually said anything to me about it.

#4 Gemma2

Gemma2

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:16 PM

We just started getting my ds his vax and he`s almost 10mths. We waited a bit because my oldest son is severely allergic to the serum in the vax and we didn`t want to take that chance with the youngest.

When I did take him into the nurse practioner she was perfectly fine with that decision and my reasons why and I didn`t need any forms signed, I think you only need them for school enrollment.

I know for sure right now we aren`t doing the chicken pox..not too sure on the rest.

#5 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:26 PM

You don't need to fill out any forms until a child is school-age and then there is a form you sign and get notarized for your child to be vaccine exempt for school attendance.

#6 Sunny

Sunny

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:36 AM

Does anyone know if we need the form signed by a lawyer? I thought I heard that somewhere.

#7 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 09:54 AM

The only time you need a form signed is when you are ready to enroll your child in school. And then it just needs to be signed by a notary. Your family doctor/pediatrician may not be okay with your decision and may or may not decide to keep you on as a patient. But other than that there's nothing you need to do or even say. I would always just politely decline the vax and say 'not today'. After a while she figured out that we weren't getting any and she is perfectly respectful of my decision.

#8 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

Essex town Hall will sign it for u for free

#9 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:22 AM

Does anyone know if we need the form signed by a lawyer? I thought I heard that somewhere.

You just get the form notarized (cost me $25 the first time for dd and the second time for ds I had a friend who worked for a lawyer and the lawyer notarized the form for free). I got them to notarize three so I could give one to the school, keep one for myself, and one extra in case the school lost theirs or the health unit asked me for one, etc.

#10 Sunny

Sunny

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 05:14 PM

You just get the form notarized (cost me $25 the first time for dd and the second time for ds I had a friend who worked for a lawyer and the lawyer notarized the form for free). I got them to notarize three so I could give one to the school, keep one for myself, and one extra in case the school lost theirs or the health unit asked me for one, etc.

We're going to enroll ds in school next week. My friend's hubby is a lawyer and I wouldn't mind having that all ready for the school. The thing is, we have kept this decision private and our friends don't know (fear of being judged). I'll see what I can do.

#11 emmsmama

emmsmama

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 11:06 PM

We're going to enroll ds in school next week. My friend's hubby is a lawyer and I wouldn't mind having that all ready for the school. The thing is, we have kept this decision private and our friends don't know (fear of being judged). I'll see what I can do.

If you want to keep the decision private then you can just look in the phone book for someone to notarize the form. That's what I did when I needed the form notarized for dd, just looked in the laywer section of the phone book and called a few places to ask what their fee was to notarize a form and then brought the forms in and had them do it and it only cost me $25.