5 replies to this topic

#1 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:25 PM

when did I loose control over my rooteen? I did this baby thing with 2 mobile babies 3-4 years ago! why is one feeling so overwhelming? I feel like the laundry is out of control and my house is so cluttered. sorry for the typose Jake is on my lap lol
I am just wondering how I used to rock this and now i feel like I suck! lol what is your routeen with chores and fitting in house work and cooking in with the cruising busy baby?

#2 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 02:37 PM

I'm OCD (actually diagnosed) so with me I would go without sleep or food before allowing my house to turn into disarray - sad I know.

I actually get up an hour before dd to make sure I can at least wash my face and brush my teeth, have a cup of coffee, feed the critters, make my bed and throw in a load of laundry every morning.

Once she is up I get her breakfast and while she is eating check my email and flip the laundry.

During the day I try to time my chore list to times when I know there is a tv show she likes on or when I know she will play quietly in her room.

We make dinner together and once my s/o is home from work he occupies her while I tackle the non-baby friendly activities and get caught up with my day.

It took me awhile to get over not being able to do it all the way I once did and modify my routine.

I think every house is different, so no two routines would work for one person.

#3 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:16 PM

I'm like that with every single one of the babies... no wait that's a lie I was so on top of everythign with #1 that I started to get a little anxiety build up and that's NOT good. With the other two I was behind and my house was a bloody mess (excpet for when my mom came over about once a week to clean it) till they were over a year. THEN things started to get better. I find once they're mobile and can entertain themselves for longer then 2 min it's SO much easier to get things done. Until then I say enjoy the fact that you have an excuse for your mess and lack of any structure what so ever.

remember before you had no older kids with their older kid stuff laying all over the place. You could block off the living room baby proof it to the max and let him go crazy IF you didn't have all the crayons, barbie shoes, polly pocket stuff and everything else overwhelming the house.

Hmm might be time for a bigger place. good news I know just the person to put it up for sale!!! LOL!!

#4 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

lmao Christine Not putting the house up for a whyle.. It would be WAYYYY to much. i know a routeen will come and really he has only been really mobile for 2 weeks.. one of those weeks I had Don home. so I need to give it time. But I think i am going to have to accept I just wont have as much time or fredome to do things the way I did before.

its funny tho.. non of OUR barbies have shoes.. wonder what hapend to them ;) lmao same with poly pockets? odd.

#5 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 05:33 PM

before you had two mobile kids yes. but NOW you have one VERY busy little guy and two little girls in school who also require attention and care. laundry for 5 instead of 4 plus you got used to having kids are pretty much self sufficiant. you never lost control, your kids are happy and thriving. i'd say that's pretty in control :)

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:19 PM

when I had dd and she started moving around I had really hard time adjusting and still do. I can not stand the mess and between school and the kids I feel like it is always a mess. I think it had to do with the fact that I had such a spread between kids and had gotten used to things being a certain way