#1 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 05:59 PM

Has anyone used this school?
I'm bored and debating going back to school - I was planning on doing nursing, but also looking in health care aid.
Any info would be great.
Thanks

#2 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

I looked into it for massage therapy and it was going to cost 22 thousand dollars for an 18 month course! You'd probably be better off taking something at St. Clair

#3 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:36 PM

Yeah I definitely recommend going to St. Clair rather than a private college. It's cheaper and you're getting educated by a nationally recognized institution. By health care aid do you mean personal support worker? I figured maybe the private college you looked into named the course differently. I'm just asking because I took PSW at St. Clair in 2009 and loved it. The professors were awesome!! I also took pre-nursing there and plan to go back for the RN program... I'd go to St. Clair over a private college in a heartbeat!

Edited by Claudia, 10 January 2011 - 11:43 AM.

#4 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

Make sure all places recognize the schools credit system. Where I work we don't take certain schools credits the same so we won't hire them. "I" think its Trios nrsg the credits are different from St Clair. I would have to clarify to be sure which school it is....

#5 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 08 January 2011 - 09:29 PM

St. Clair i not an option - I looked into courses and my schedule just does not fit. I just recently started considering private colleges because the night courses are much more flexible, but if they are not accredited or recognized they why the hell do people fork out so much? I might just wait a year or so and finish my BSc.

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 09 January 2011 - 12:05 AM

I am currently at Trios for Community Service Worker. I have a few friends who are PSW's from Trios and thy all have a job. I was accepted for OSAP and told they are an accredited school. Just something to put out there if you are interested in private career colleges. I you would like to know the cost I can PM you

#7 mandy.b

mandy.b

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 90 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

I don't know anything about that particular school (Canadian Health) but I am currently at TriOS as well in the PTA program and loving it. I know many that are graduates of various programs @ TriOS and are employed and doing well :) Good luck in your decision!