187 replies to this topic

#1 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

The newest season with a new batch of girls started this week. What do you all think?

I really like the couple with the twins, Corey and I think Leah. Corey has always been a good dad.

I HATE Jenelle. I think the best thing for that baby was her mom going for custody. She shows her age, and she is extremely immature. She hasn't quite gotten that her baby isn't a doll.

The other two seem okay. I think the blonde is going to end up having more drama since her and the dad broke up. I still find it odd that his mom was still letting her live there. Chelsea seems kind of dull I think. She's got it made because of her dad.

#2 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:28 AM

Jenelle is a dumbass. I hope her mother wins custody. Jenelle has no problem hitting her mother, it's only a matter of time before she's hitting that kid too.

I ADORE Corey. He's so sweet. He makes me cry. Leah is a sweetie too, who has realized what a great guy she had and is trying to win him back. I believe they get married too. awwww.

I haven't really formed an opinion on the other 2 yet.

#3 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:11 AM

I've been following these girls since 16 & Pregnant, but I must say even after just one week i miss the old TM cast.
Kail situation is unique & i think at the end of it all she & Jo will end up back together.

Chelsea, i don't really know how i feel about her yet. I liked her in 16 & Pregnant but i think in TM2 she is just going to cause a lot of drama in her life by letting Adam back in.

Leah & Corey are awesome & make great parents. They've actually gotten married. i'm curious to find out what wrong with the baby though. Poor kiddo.

Jenelle is a train wreck, that's for sure, but i think she has potential to be a good mom if given the chance. Her mom seems just as crazy as she does so i'm not surprised with the way Jenelle acts.

But i'm sure more drama will unfold.

Ah, i'm so addicted to this trashy MTV & they just keep pumping out these damn shows.

#4 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

Did you here that Jenelle got arrested Samma? She got arrested for Breaking and Entering and marijuana possession about 2 weeks before the premiere.

And I don't find her mom nutty at all. For someone who swore she wouldn't take care of the baby, it seems it's all she does. All she wants is for Jenelle to stay home and take care of her kid.

#5 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

Oh yeah, i've heard she's been arrested.
She's also turned temporary custody of Jace over to her mom because she knew she had been screwing up & it wasn't fair for the kiddo to be torn from his only known home.
She's also enrolled into college & working.

Either way, regaurdless of her past, i'm holding out hope that she can get it together for herself & Jace.

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:51 AM

The thing is with Janelle is that I believe her mom instigates with her too. She does things that would irritate the HELL out of me too! She knows her daughter is a hot head, yet she doesn't seem to have one problem with pushing all the buttons her daughter has. I agree she's extremely immature, and doesn't seem to take parenting seriously at all, but her mother is NO help at all with that. She does all the work, I see that, but she causes so much of her own problems at the same time. She knows the things that will piss off her daughter, but she's all for doing them anyway.

I like the parents of the twins. Corey seems so sensitive and I can see that Leah honestly sees the mistake she made. I do think they get married, which I hope works out well for them and the girls.

I HATE ADAM! He's such a selfish jerk, I hope Chelsea realizes that once and for all, and quick! I'm not sure about the other girl, but her ex-bf is such a jerk. lol

phew.. all done.

#7 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:15 PM

See I didn't see anything of her mom pushing her buttons. Literally it was 'why don't you stay home for once' or 'you go out too much' or 'take care of your son'.

#8 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:00 PM

Yeah but I mean more the clothing, Janelle is clearly saying she wants to dress her son, and she wants him to wear that shirt, sure it was too big, but she was clearly saying don't change him, and the mom goes and does it. She also picks fights all the time, IMO, and says things that are purposefully fueling the fire.

I 100% believe that mother plays a big role in the dysfunction of both the Janelle and the family life.

#9 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:12 PM

one thing to remember is the camera only shows to much... maybe the mom is like that all the time.. not just the outfit.. Several times Janelle said, give him to me, and the mother ignored her. I think she just feels defeated. Sure she is real inmature, and needs to get her act together for her son. but i think the mom has her own part to play with the problems there... Janelle said in the interview online that her other siblings have the same relationship with their mother. They ALL get in fights with her like that. She pushs their buttons and drives them up a wall.. So they have all moved far away. Janelle is the last one home. And one of the people on the show asked her " Do you think your mom tries to control what happens with your son so much, is because she feels like your the last one home, and she knows she cant control u, but she can kinda use ur son to keep u home?" it was an interesting take.. I hope she grows up and looks after her son, and I think she needs to move out of her moms house. She said once her siblings moved out, her mom stopped fighting with them and they have a much better relationship, they just needed that space. Maybe thats whats going on here. Either way i hope it works out some how, so that her lil boy is happy and well cared for.

I love Leah and her babies daddy. they make a cute couple.

I feel horrible for the other two girls because their childrens dads are jerks. In their own ways, but i dont care for either dad.

#10 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 04:20 PM

Jenelle as publicly said that the fight shown on the premiere was a long fight that involved more that MTV showed.
I think given the chance to raise Jace, do things her way & not have her mother constantly yipping off in her ear then she would succeed in being a good mother to Jace.
If i was in her position and i knew my mother wasn't going to let me have any say in the day to day things with my child without a fight i'd throw in the towel too.

#11 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:10 PM

I'm sorry, but there is NEVER a reason to throw in the towel, not when it comes to your child. Jenelle needs to grow up and learn to control herself with her mother. If she can't live on her own with her son, then she needs to deal with her freakshow mom in a different way.

#12 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

can someone tell me,
that becuse your kid is sleeping that means you can go out?????
is that a new rule for moms now LOLOL
many be if she had to baby for babysitter
she would not go out
I think the mom need to step down
and put in some TL
and when CS is called then step in
thats my opin

#13 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

i am not saying its right.... just saying her mom has issues too. Maybe if the two of them got some councilling they could both create a much better enviroment for Jace.

#14 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:04 PM

It would require her to be home in order to put in effort.

You can't pick and choose what you want to do with your kid. A bath here, and picking an outfit there doesn't cut it. And if her mother wasn't yipping in her ear, then she wouldn't have someone to watch/raise her son. I would put money on that kid being put in protective services if he was just left to Jenelle.

#15 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:06 PM

can someone tell me,
that becuse your kid is sleeping that means you can go out?????
is that a new rule for moms now LOLOL
many be if she had to baby for babysitter
she would not go out
I think the mom need to step down
and put in some TL
and when CS is called then step in
thats my opin

See I disagree. If the mom didn't step up I wouldn't want to imagine what his life would be like.

I've seen first hand when a mother wants to put herself and her entertainment needs ahead of their child. And she wasn't a teen, can't imagine what a 17 year old would be like.

#16 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 09:45 PM

It would require her to be home in order to put in effort.

You can't pick and choose what you want to do with your kid. A bath here, and picking an outfit there doesn't cut it. And if her mother wasn't yipping in her ear, then she wouldn't have someone to watch/raise her son. I would put money on that kid being put in protective services if he was just left to Jenelle.

See, i think it would be the opposite.
But that's probably because my sister was in a similar situation with my parents.

#17 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:50 AM

I think she could totally do it. The environment is totally toxic and that mother does NOTHING to help that fact.

No one is saying Jannelle is perfect, not by a long shot. She needs to step up and be a mother, BUT, her own mother makes that extremely difficult.

#18 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:46 PM

I feel bad for Jannelle. :(

#19 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

I don't. She makes her choices. As a mom, she needs to be stronger and take her power back. The fact that she LETS her mom steamroll her shows just how immature she is. If she REALLY wanted to be a good mom, she just would be.

I LOVE Corey and Leah though. Corey is friggin adorable.

#20 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:36 PM

I feel awful for Jenelle, sure she should stand up to her mom but that means she'd never see Jace because all the power is with her mom.
I can see why she's trying to play nice & i think that is more responsible right now.
If she was standing up to her mom then she'd be out of that house and away from her baby again.
I feel bad for Kail too. She is stuck in such a shitty situation.
Leah & Corey are absolutely adorable and awesome parents to those babies.

#21 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:20 AM

They basically told her she doesn't have a chance. I certainly wouldn't have a 5000$ detainer and be able to afford 200$/hr for a decent lawyer!! She is STUCK and it's not necessarily because she couldn't be a good mom, but because she can't afford it. Plus once her mom had custody I knew it would be near impossible to get it back.

Her mom is a manipulative b*tch, IMO. I cannot STAND that selfish woman. It's not going to be smooth sailing from here either. No one is doubting Jannelle needs to grow up BIG time, but her mother is not "right" either. Her mother is doing opposite of what she should, IMO, as far as her own daughter is concerned.

I feel bad for her because even if she WERE to be better, she probably couldn't get her child back, even if just for money reasons.

I love Leah and Corey.. they are awesome and really care, which is nice to see. I feel horrible for Kail because no matter what she does, she loses. Her mother is the most selfish, ridiculous creature I've ever met.. how could you totally turn your back on your daughter, who CLEARLY needs your help? Leave her with no choice but to stay in a house where the guy is, IMO, verbally abusive to her. Joe is SUCH a moron, IMO.

#22 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 09:32 AM

I agree with you (*gasp* hehe). Well, mostly. Yes, Jenelle is in a terrible situation. Her mother is a poor excuse for a mother. HOWEVER, Jenelle put herself there. If she had been the kid's mom from the get-go, she wouldn't be having to deal with this shit now. If she had maybe decided to NOT go partying every nite, and be home with Jace, her mother likely wouldn't be pushing for custody. She could have found somewhere else to live, instead of with her mom. There are ways to get help and be on her own, I'm sure.

If she HAD to go thru with the custody battle, I'm sure there are lawyers who would help her. Legal aid or something. There are always options.

And yeah, poor Kail!! She's a sweet girl, I feel bad for her. she needs to look into other living arrangements as well. It's not fair that she can't move on with her life if she is living in that house. I bet that if JO got a girlfriend, no one would bat an eye. Not cool.

#23 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 12:39 PM

do they not have Lagiel aid there

#24 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

They do, and based on how she talked I think she's dealt with them before. She felt as if they wouldn't help her at all, and her only real chance was to hire a lawyer. Legal aid is not always known to be the "best" option. She was definitely hoping that by going back with her mom the custody crap would end. Legal aid or not, at this point she'd lose, I really believe that.

I totally agree Jannelle shouldn't have been partying every night etc, but as her mother I think I would have dealt with it completely differently. First of all, I don't think I'd have a daughter like that because I'd kick her ASS! lol BUT, if I did, I would try to negotiate with her. She's almost an adult and parenting isn't a dictatorship. I would most likely have tried to support my young daughter who is a mother and offer compromise, etc. Maybe had she not been on the offensive and on the attack, things could have worked out better. I know if my 16 year old comes home pregnant I would do whatever I could to make sure she finished her education, and I would still allow her a "little" leeway to be a teenager. It's her fault yes, but I would want to try to ensure that the situation is as positive as possible for everyone.

Above it was also mentioned that Jannelle's mom had a toxic relationship with all her children, not just Jannelle. I think there is some SERIOUS parenting issues there. Your kid doesn't just turn out like that, I don't care what anyone says. I wouldn't be caught DEAD talking like that to my parents!! Teenagers like that are raised, not born, IMO. Sure some people have very strong personalities, but that kind of attitude is bred.

#25 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:23 PM

Legal aid can't be used for custody battles, so she would have had to pay out of pocket. According to Jenelle in an interview i either read or watched legal aid can't be used in custody issues.
They did continue with the custody battle & her Mom has temporary custody of Jace until Jenelle is stable enough and meets the requirements of the court to petition them.
Once she does she will then have to go through with regaining custody.
I really dislike Jo. He's always treated Kail like shit & the poor girl is stuck there.
i'm SURE nothing would be said if Jo was dating another girl.

#26 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:13 PM

Legal aid can't be used for custody battles, so she would have had to pay out of pocket. According to Jenelle in an interview i either read or watched legal aid can't be used in custody issues.
They did continue with the custody battle & her Mom has temporary custody of Jace until Jenelle is stable enough and meets the requirements of the court to petition them.
I really dislike Jo. He's always treated Kail like shit & the poor girl is stuck there.

I from experience know that is not true. We paid out of pocket while C's mom got legal aid.

And I'm sorry, most crappy parents don't get to 'wait around and see if they smarten up' I cannot even imagine if we did that in my situation. I do not feel bad for Jenelle AT all.

#27 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

but she in usa

#28 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 04:41 PM

I from experience know that is not true. We paid out of pocket while C's mom got legal aid.

And I'm sorry, most crappy parents don't get to 'wait around and see if they smarten up' I cannot even imagine if we did that in my situation. I do not feel bad for Jenelle AT all.

& you're in a completely different country.
OF COURSE you can get legal AID here. That's common knowlegde.
But the same laws don't apply in the states, in fact it usually varies by state.
Again like i said, i was only stating what i saw in an interview which i believe was the online exclusive scene on MTV.com.
Some people will feel bad for her, some won't.
Just like some like amber portwood & some dont.
/shrugs.

#29 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 06:45 PM

She comes by her issues honestly, that's all I'm saying.

#30 one_vice

one_vice

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:00 PM

She was entitled to a court appointed attorney, which she turned down because she incorrectly assumed he or she wouldn't do anything for her. And when she learned how expensive it would be to hire her own lawyer, she dropped it. If she was that serious about getting custody, she would have accepted a court appointed attorney.

#31 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:22 PM

I was just coming to post this actually! She can boo hoo all she wants, but knowing she just gave up like that, I don't feel sorry for her at all.

And I died laughing when she was talking to the lawyer about her drug use.

#32 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:39 PM

I feel really bad for Kail. I can't believe his parents jumped down her throat like that :(.

And I would place money on the fact that Adam wants to get with Chelsea because she is in the spotlight and on the show now.

#33 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:55 PM

I was annoyed at the drug part. As if smoking pot once in awhile makes for a bad parent. I know, you don't really offer it up when you are going for custody, but the idea that it would somehow make her a "bad" parent is ridiculous. The B&E yeah, that might not help. hehe

I didn't realize she was offered the attorney, but I can understand her point in that. She didn't want to go into the battle thinking she was using someone who was going to lose. I wouldn't want to either. She didn't understand that it costs so much for a good lawyer. She is guilty of not finding that out before she declined the court appointed attorney, yes, but for another perspective it could have been a strategic move she thought would increase her chances of actually getting custody.

It's all in how you view it. Some people will view everything she does as negative, because of their view of her. That being said, not everything is so blatantly black and white.

Edited by ~Jill~, 21 January 2011 - 10:56 PM.

#34 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:59 PM

It was hilarious listening to her say it, and watching the lawyer's facial expressions.

I have to say at the end of that episode she is starting to make the right decisions. When she decided to come home and what not, it makes her look serious. Same with the signing over of the rights, it shows she is trying to do what's best for her child. I gained a little big of respect for her after that.

#35 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:43 PM

She was entitled to a court appointed attorney, which she turned down because she incorrectly assumed he or she wouldn't do anything for her. And when she learned how expensive it would be to hire her own lawyer, she dropped it. If she was that serious about getting custody, she would have accepted a court appointed attorney.

yes i saw that part in the show to
but why would no one tell her the truth that not all court apointe lawers are like that
how can she fight for her son
if no one will help her at all
with the truth
if i had firend wanted to fright for her son
i would try to make sure she tryed all her optiones befor dismiss them
on fasle facts