10, I think!

#38 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 10:09 PM

Wow! I wonder if Joe's mom would have that view if it was her son dating someone else.

#39 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:41 PM

why can't take the kid anywhere
how can she learn to be mom
if the kid never leave the house exp for day care
this mom make me so bee mad

#40 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:47 PM

NOPE sorry, until you prove yourself responsible you don't take the kid anywhere without supervision.

C's mom isn't allowed to take her anywhere alone, and she's an adult. Actions speak louder than words.

And clearly her head is somewhere else based on the previews.

#41 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 11:49 PM

Sidenote, did you guys see the pictures of her pumping gas and smoking? What a smart cookie.

#42 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:03 AM

so hmmm, first lets talk about the mom with the twins. Are these people so stupid that they didn't see something was wrong with that little girl long time ago, I mean didn't this little girl have monthly check ups, or better yet, the grandma is a nurse, didn't she see it. I saw right away that something was wrong when she was holding her. I'm angry that no one saw this sooner.

now the mom/daughter and the custody battle. I don't know if you guys caught the part where the lawyer asked her if she was using and she said yes, marijuana but not always. Also, the mom, she may have some issues (I mean the grandma) but last week she said "I'm a more stable home" and she's right, this may acually be the best thing for that little boy till the mom gets her act together (lets just say, I know about this subject)

now the joe and his girlfriend---he needs to kick her butt out. joes dad was the best, he was telling her that she just had a baby, why does she need to have someone in her life, is she lonely or what. But the dad was so right. And she should be so greatful that his parents are helping her, she should take advantage of that, go to school, make something of herself and not worry about "making herself happy" doen't her child make her happy.

my biggest question, maybe someone can answer is, how do these girls afford the places they live in, the cars they drive and such.

#43 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:20 AM

Chelsea's dad is paying for her place.
Corey is paying for Leah's place.
Jenelle lives with her mom.
Kail lives with Joe's family.

You'd be surprised how much they make off this show.

#44 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:51 AM

Chelsea's dad is paying for her place.
Corey is paying for Leah's place.
Jenelle lives with her mom.
Kail lives with Joe's family.

You'd be surprised how much they make off this show.

Actually I have heard they make very little off this show. Not like most TV appearances/reality shows. I would think MTV would also want it that way as they dont need teen moms thinking it is "cool" to get pregnant and a possib;e way to get on the show to make money.

#45 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 09:55 AM

Amber from last season made 250 000 last year.

#46 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

You can read all sorts of disagreeing articles on if they are paid, how much (ie. $1000 an episode to $250,000), whether money is only given to this childen in trust etc.

#47 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:05 AM

It's still sickening to me that they get that much money.
(not arguing with you just saying)

#48 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:36 AM

NOPE sorry, until you prove yourself responsible you don't take the kid anywhere without supervision.

C's mom isn't allowed to take her anywhere alone, and she's an adult. Actions speak louder than words.

And clearly her head is somewhere else based on the previews.

Previews of next weeks episode?
so she is an irresponsible parent because a] she isn't living up to everyone else's ideals of how she should be and b] because she is dating.
i'd love to know where having a baby means you can no longer date or be in a intimate relationship, or hell even leave the house & go out every once & a while without someone freaking out. That is bloody ridiculous. People don't bash Leah & Corey because they went out several times during the course of the episode without the twins.
As far as Jenelle not being able to leave with Jace alone, I can see where her mom is coming from but i see it as more of a control thing. She did the same thing on 16 & Pregnant. It's all about control for Barbara. Of course, right now Jace is better in a stable environment but with the constant criticism Jenelle gets it is really no surprise she acts out.
But i think if Barbara cut the cord with Jace a bit and let Jenelle feel more like a mother and less like a babysitter she would do fine.

#49 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 10:56 AM

I meant the covered in hickeys, etc. Go ahead and date. But to be all up in someone's grill like that shows you really aren't thinking about your kid. She has so much work to do to try and prove herself.

I was so impressed with the signing over temporary custody, getting a job, college. But it's like for every step forward she makes, she's taking 3 backwards.

Especially since one of the reason's her mom went for custody was because she was always out partying. If she was out working, or working on school, that would be fabulous.

#50 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 26 January 2011 - 12:18 PM

I haven't watched it, but we only see what they want us to see.

#51 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 08:46 PM

After seeing the episode I stand firmly behind my stance that Barbara is f-ing things up worse. What a b*tch!

#52 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 09:03 PM

I disagree. Prove your responsible first, then you can have alone time with the kid.

Like I said, it happens with adults that can't care for their kids properly.

#53 Aimster

Aimster

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:33 PM

I don't watch this show, but they were interviewing one of the moms on 96.3 one morning and asked her how much they got paid. She said she wasn't allowed to give that information so they asked if it was 6 figures. She said no. They asked if it was over $50,000 and she said it was a lot less. And that's for the full season.

#54 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:03 AM

I don't watch this show, but they were interviewing one of the moms on 96.3 one morning and asked her how much they got paid. She said she wasn't allowed to give that information so they asked if it was 6 figures. She said no. They asked if it was over $50,000 and she said it was a lot less. And that's for the full season.

They aren't allowed to say.
The amount Amber made was only released because it was brought up in court & the question was asked directly by the judge.
The whole "prove you're responsible before you can have time with the kid" is bullshit.
If her over barring mother would have let her spend time with her child & stop being so bloody controlling from the beginning i'm sure they wouldn't be in this situation.
Maci has been seen hitting beer bongs & doing other "irresponsible" things on spring break, but nobody is jumping down her throat.
Although it is reality TV, they all have a role, just like they did in TM1 & 16 & pregnant.
All of this with Jenelle is filling the role for ratings.
i'm sure less people would watch the show if it only featured Samantha, Lizzie & Lori because their episodes didn't pack to much punch.
But you can bet for damn sure they probably did everything they could to cast Jenelle & Leah. Jenelle for the custody drama & Leah because of the fact that she has twins & one of them is ill.
I can bet they are probably doing the same thing to Ashley salazar from Season 2b of 16 & Pregnant because of the things that have went down with her & Callie's adoption. The same way they did the follow up with Markai because of her abortion.
I think Jill hit the nail on the head when she said we only see what they want us to see.

#55 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:14 AM

I disagree. Prove your responsible first, then you can have alone time with the kid.

Like I said, it happens with adults that can't care for their kids properly.

Of course you disagree. lol I think the fireworks would have been a great opportunity to prove she was responsible. It's not like she's a drunk that would leave him there, or something. Barbara is purposefully enforcing ridiculous rules. Jannelle even said she has a hard time taking him anywhere BEFORE her mom even had temporary custody. Her mom is totally out of control and isn't thinking of what's best for Jace, only how to control the pawns in her game.

Her mom is such a b*tch. I'm pretty sure I'd want to punch her too. I truly, truly do. She's completely fake. Pretending like she's all good, and hugging it out, etc.. meanwhile two seconds later she's picking, picking, picking again.

Edited by ~Jill~, 29 January 2011 - 11:16 AM.

#56 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:21 AM

What do you mean of course I disagree? I've seen the other end when the irresponsible parent is an adult. I can seriously imagine myself in her mom's shoes, and I would do the same thing. The kid comes first.

Like I said, there are steps that Jenelle is taking that looks really good. But obviously she is taking steps backwards too.

#57 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 11:36 AM

I'm with you, Jenn. I have ZERO sympathy for Jenelle. Yes, her mother is a b*tch, but you can only blame your parents for so much. It comes down to personal responsibility. Jenelle put too many other things ahead of her child. She's immature, she's a shitty mother and she needs to grow up. And I don't care, there is NOTHING anyone could do that would make me sign custody of my child away. Especially to her b*tch mother. That just shows yet ANOTHER bad choice on Jenelle's part.

PS - I LOVE Leah and Corey. I know I say that a lot, but they are so adorable. And Chelsea's daughter is freaking adorable. I want one... lol

#58 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

She didn't have much choice, she was either going to lose Jace, or sign him voluntarily and not put them all through hell. IMO, there wasn't a choice there.

Jenn- I meant of course you disagree because we've clearly been on opposite sides of this one from the word go. That's the only reason. I wasn't expecting you to agree with me.

I just wish we knew the whole story, because the one thing I am certain of, is that we aren't getting it all. MTV sets it up for drama. They pick out the worst parts and serve that up for us to see. I just don't think they show true reality. I see something in Jannelle. Maybe it's intuition, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I see it. I see good there. I see a mother that is a complete manipulator and liar. I see a girl who didn't become this way on her own. She can't blame anyone for continuing to behave the way she does, but there is a reason a person turns out that way, and it's not without help.

I've always been drawn to the more difficult situations. Even when I worked in daycares, the troubled kids were always my favorite kids. I am not surprised that I like her. I like the others too, but I don't see her as evil, I don't think she's ever been given a fair chance to grow and adjust normally.

#59 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 03:07 PM

She didn't have much choice, she was either going to lose Jace, or sign him voluntarily and not put them all through hell. IMO, there wasn't a choice there.

Jenn- I meant of course you disagree because we've clearly been on opposite sides of this one from the word go. That's the only reason. I wasn't expecting you to agree with me.

I just wish we knew the whole story, because the one thing I am certain of, is that we aren't getting it all. MTV sets it up for drama. They pick out the worst parts and serve that up for us to see. I just don't think they show true reality. I see something in Jannelle. Maybe it's intuition, maybe I'm wrong. Either way, I see it. I see good there. I see a mother that is a complete manipulator and liar. I see a girl who didn't become this way on her own. She can't blame anyone for continuing to behave the way she does, but there is a reason a person turns out that way, and it's not without help.

I've always been drawn to the more difficult situations. Even when I worked in daycares, the troubled kids were always my favorite kids. I am not surprised that I like her. I like the others too, but I don't see her as evil, I don't think she's ever been given a fair chance to grow and adjust normally.

I don't think she's evil. I just think she's a selfish little girl who needs to grow up. I had some shitty things happen to me growing up. I had a father who couldn't be bothered with me and still isn't. I didn't take that and decide to let it make me be a shitty mother. I learned from his mistakes and vow to never have my children feel the way he made me feel. Jenelle needs to grow up and be a mom. Period.

#60 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

She does, but she is 16 or so. You were much older than that when you got pregnant and in a much better situation. You had your wild times and you grew past that, she didn't give herself the chance to get past it.

I don't disagree she needs to grow up and she's not being responsible. I just think she comes by it honestly and her mother hurts her more than she helps her.

#61 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:31 PM

well, again, it comes down to personal responsiblity. I didn't put myself in the position to GET pregnant at 16. She made a choice to spread her legs at 15 or 16 years old. The minute she found out she was pregnant, she should have made the choice to be a better mom to her kid than her mom was to her. She chose not to.

#62 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 04:37 PM

Think of what Jace would be living like if her mother wasn't there to care for him.

#63 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:16 PM

I don't think she would have done what she did if she weren't allowed to do it. I can't see her leaving her son alone to go out when no one is there to watch him. She went out because she COULD. All her mother did was b*tch at her, but not actually STOP her.

I think Jannelle CAN be a good mother, and will be someday. I am not saying she doesn't need to grow up and I also never said that she is currently a good mother. I just see a lot more in her and I can also see a lot of bad in Barbara. Sure, she was there for her grandson, absolutely. But is she there for her daughter? Really? No, I don't think she is. Not as a nurturing mother, anyway. As a b*tching babysitter, perhaps.

#64 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 06:50 PM

I'm sure she never expected for her daughter to put her in that situation. And I'm sure when Jenelle did get pregnant she thought that Jenelle would I don't know HELP. But Jenelle had the attitude, "I'm 16, I'll do what I want." She treated Jace like a toy she could play with when she felt like it. That left Barbera to step up to the plate completely. So not only did she have to parent a 16 year old that thinks she's an adult, a baby AND try and get the daughter to take care of her kid. Sounds like an ideal situation.

Now had Jenelle acted like a mother from the beginning, I think Barbera would be a lot more relaxed with Jenelle and Jace, and would probably have a different attitude. She's got a lot on her plate and a lot to deal with.

I know personally how frustrating it is when a parent doesn't do their job, nor wants to do their job.

#65 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:18 PM

I'm sure she never expected for her daughter to put her in that situation. And I'm sure when Jenelle did get pregnant she thought that Jenelle would I don't know HELP. But Jenelle had the attitude, "I'm 16, I'll do what I want." She treated Jace like a toy she could play with when she felt like it. That left Barbera to step up to the plate completely. So not only did she have to parent a 16 year old that thinks she's an adult, a baby AND try and get the daughter to take care of her kid. Sounds like an ideal situation.

Now had Jenelle acted like a mother from the beginning, I think Barbera would be a lot more relaxed with Jenelle and Jace, and would probably have a different attitude. She's got a lot on her plate and a lot to deal with.

I know personally how frustrating it is when a parent doesn't do their job, nor wants to do their job.

I think you are wrong.
My sister got pregnant at FOURTEEN, had my nephew at fifteen & although my mom wasn't quite as psychotic as Barbara she definitely got in the way of my sister parenting my nephew. My sister fought tooth & nail to hold her power as my nephew's parent & in the year & a half they were all living together was a constant battle.

It took my sister going behind my parents back, finding a place to live & once she did she had their hostility & getting threatened with CAS every other day to be able to move out. My parents were so hostile because they knew they were losing control & my sister was backed into a corner. Nothing she could do was good enough for my mother.

My mom would offer to watch the baby so she could go out. Then two days later she was throwing it in my sister's face as an attack on her parenting
My sister was an excellent mother from the get go but when you have your mother, the person who should support you the most attacking you it is going to break you down.

I truly believe that given the chance Jenelle could be an amazing mom, its just to bad she was never given the chance.

#66 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:30 PM

Your sister and Jenelle are completely different. Based on what you just said, you sister was a mom. She tried to do everything she could. Jenelle didn't.

#67 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 02:30 PM

That's the issue. What is going on that we don't see? Can we actually say that Jannelle never tried? Do we actually have a real perspective on the situation? Maybe we do but maybe we don't. We can't actually say how different or how the same it really is.

Clearly we are on opposite sides of this and view it differently, which is totally fine. It's interesting to get different perspectives!

#68 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 30 January 2011 - 10:08 PM

That's the issue. What is going on that we don't see? Can we actually say that Jannelle never tried? Do we actually have a real perspective on the situation? Maybe we do but maybe we don't. We can't actually say how different or how the same it really is.

Clearly we are on opposite sides of this and view it differently, which is totally fine. It's interesting to get different perspectives!

That is the point i'm trying to get across.
i see my sister situation and Jenelle's to be really similar.
what is going to get more ratings, a f*** up teen mom who doesn't appear to care about her kid or a CRAZY ass over barring grandparent who will do anything in her power to control her daughter, thus controlling the grandchild's life.
i guess we all just see every situation differently...

#69 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:21 AM

guys, janelle admitted she still uses drugs, so are you guys saying (the ones that believe janelle should keep him) that its fine that she "occasionally" uses drugs. I think that what makes her mom angry is that when she did go out, she came home late and didn't get up in the morning to be with her son, instead the grandma did. Also, janelle is what I call a part time parent, when its a convinence for her, she wants to be a mom but when she wants to do something else then she wants her mom to take care of her son. Listen, the whole matter boils down to, who is going to be more stable in this boys life, grandma knows that if janelle has jace then he will be bounced around, maybe grandma knows from her own experiences--we don't know. And we don't know wether cas is already involved with them.

#70 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:30 AM

If it's weed and she never does it around her son, or cares for her son stoned, then no, I don't see it as a reason to lose your child at all.

I also don't think Barbara is that great for him either. She constantly instigates argument with Jannelle while Jace is there, awake! Name calling, yelling, etc. Even before she has custody she purposefully did the opposite of what Janelle wanted. Changed him when she dressed him, tried to lure the baby away from Jannelle when she was holding him, etc, etc. No one is saying she perfect, no one is saying she's being at all a good mother.. I just don't think the alternative is really all that much better at all.