8 replies to this topic

#1 EmnMs

EmnMs

mmmmum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 06:26 AM

I'm inquiring for a friend, before I take the time to make some- does anyone know of a company that makes cloth diapers [pockets] for kids with disabilities? My friend is looking to get about 6 for her 14yr old daughter, and when I sized her according to her Tena, she *could* fit into my kids one size B.G - but it would be cutting it close.

#2 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:46 AM

No idea but I'm sure the ladies over at DS could help you out.

#3 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:57 AM

monkey doddles run big I have a large and it still fits my 50lb DD up until recently my lrg Fuzzie bunz still had still fit her.

Edited by canadianangel, 21 January 2011 - 08:58 AM.

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 11:29 AM

Here and my friends thinks that babykins also does them? Her brother is severely autistic and they use cloth because he doesn't see they as "baby pants".

#5 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 12:06 PM

i THINK EITHER fUZZIBUNZ OR mOTHEREASE-- CAN'T REMEMBER WHICH

#6 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 01:32 PM

what about some pocket "training pants"?? those are bigger. Or look into some "night time" ones because older kids still wet the bed sometimes they might make them bigger.

if she fits into the BG one size (even cutting it close) I think the adult size would be WAY too big. she clearly has a small bum because those my 2 yr old can't even fit into but I know she would still be way too small for an adult size.

Edited by murkywaters, 21 January 2011 - 01:34 PM.

#7 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 04:57 PM

Unless she is extremely tiny for her age, both in weight and height, the rise on even the biggest cloth diaper geared towards bigger kids (ie Fuzzi Bunz) is going to be too small. For the best fit I would have mom contact a WAHM and inquire about customs.

#8 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 08:36 PM

I think possibly motherease? I know I saw that stuff when I was looking online for swim pants awhile back - not sure it was diapers as well as swim pants but I think it was a bunch of stuff in larger sizes kids to adults with disabilities. Try motherease and/or googling.

#9 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 21 January 2011 - 10:06 PM

I remember Motherease having bigger sizes than some others, but I don't know if they have anything big enough for teens/adults. Custom might be the way to go.