#1 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:17 PM

I am living in a sick house again!!

My s/o started dry heaving on his way to work yesturday and ended up turning around and coming home. He was ill all day. Then last night dd started getting a little more whiny and frustrated than usual and by 12:30 she had a fever of 103 and I was racing off to Shoppers because of course we had everything but Advil fever.....grrrrrr

Today the pesky cold she had two weeks ago is back with full a vengeance, oh and my throat is getting scratchy just too make things easier.

Does anyone else feel like they just can't keep everyone well this year???

#2 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:23 PM

We've been so damn lucky! *KNOCK ON WOOD* Only thing I had to deal with, with my lil one was the sniffles! We rarely ever get sick. But my dd barfed last night, tons of it too at one time, and I was worried, but it was a one time thing, I think the juice daddy gave her right after she had a cup of milk irritated her belly(?) and just threw up. I bathed her and she was fine. But yea.. we are a lucky family. She is even in daycare and only catches colds which I am very VERY surprised! Shes been sick (with the pukes) twice in her 2 1/2 years of life! (I hope I didnt just jynx myself :lol)

I hope your family gets better soon!

#3 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 12:55 PM

No sickies here...yet. So far we have managed to escape the cold and flu bugs. Hope you all feel better soon.
**A good reminder though is to make sure you all throw away your toothbrushes during and after an illness.

#4 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 01:56 PM

it is TERRIBLE this season for us (either my family or my daycare families)
right now i am trying to kill any bugs i can - taking vit c- trying to eat well and open windows at the end of the day to get the crap out of here.

#5 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 05:12 PM

This season has killed us. None stop flu's and colds, even the animals have been sick. Can't wait for Spring!

#6 Cathy

Cathy

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 January 2011 - 06:55 PM

Same here. Sick Monday afternoon all day tuesday, my eldest son was sick Wednesday, today my youngest and myself again. These sickies and go away and stay away. I hope everyone feels better soon at your house.

#7 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:03 PM

[quote name='momand2kidz' date='27 January 2011 - 12:55 PM' timestamp='1296150951' post='1239268']
No sickies here...yet. So far we have managed to escape the cold and flu bugs. Hope you all feel better soon.
**A good reminder though is to make sure you all throw away your toothbrushes during and after an illness.
[/quote

Time to eat those words!! My ds is sooooo sick. Hope everyone else is feeling better.

#8 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

Ya I ate my words too! I had posted that we rarely get sick and BOOM I was feeling very ill all weekend... Still feel kinda crummy.. dd hasnt been sick yet tho.... :\ I totally jinxed myself.. thats why i am NOT commenting on that strep throat thread lmao!

#9 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 03:32 PM

We are a mixed bag here. My older two children have been less sick than normal. That being said, March is always our tough month.

My youngest is doing better than other years, less ear infections, less throat issues and fewer colds. She is on a script now for a throat infection but she is thankfully sleeping better at night than other infections we've had.

Me? Awful. Sinus infection in October. Then diahreah for 4 days. Then 24 hour gastro and a mild cold.now strep, ugh