6 replies to this topic

#1 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 10:46 PM

This may sound weird but I have to do a project on myself for class. It is to help us get used to talking in front of people. I ma finding this really hard! I feel weird talking about myself. I am worried it will be boring and am not sure how much I really want to share without being judged.
ugh who would have thought talking about yourself would be so hard lol

#2 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 28 January 2011 - 11:42 PM

Just make it all up! "My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons...."

#3 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:04 AM

Oh man like talking in front of people isnt bad enough talking infront of people about yourself! Yikes!! Oh wait i kibda like talking aboit myself. . . Ok forget it lol
i agree make it up even if you dont go to the extreme lengths as some posters would lol at least you wouldnt feel as in the spotlight as you would saying real things.

#4 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:06 AM

yeah and than just fill the rest up with pics of the kids since we can make a powerpoint LOL

#5 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 12:10 AM

Might just want to skip the crowning pictures lol

#6 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 08:00 AM

YIKES that is a hard presentation to give

one trick I use when giving a presentation is to think of it as a play and I am just playing a part. For some reason that seems to work. I can go from the personal me who is nervous to the "professional" me needing to play that part well.

For instance if I had to do one about myself, I would write up the "script" as a character in a play and pretend I was just presenting information to the class about that character (take the personalization feelings of it being "me" out). I would try to seperate, in my mind, that I am not saying personal and intimate things about myself (leaving me vulnerable) but about this character.

Hope that helps and while you are doing the play about the "character" really believe this character deserves all the good things you want to say about them. They are good so showcase them in the best light for all to see.

#7 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 10:01 AM

hat is a very good idea! Thanks or the tips.