Photo

inside your vehicles..

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Poll: inside your vehicles..

how would you describe inside your vehicle

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

how would you describe the outside

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 07:43 AM

We are getting ready to go on vacation, talking my vehicle. On Saturday my dh said "can you clean your car tomorrow". Like a good wife, during my erran running, I stopped at a car wash place and wait in line (guess everyone had the same idea). Come home all proud that I remembered to take the time and do what he asked and he says "oh I meant inside so I can start packing it up" It never dawned on me he meant inside. Inside only really has my stash of reusable shopping bags and the odd piece of paper in the glove box, hardly more then a few minutes worth of "cleanup" and why couldn't he just do it?

Got me thinking because I have seeen cars that seemed to be the crazy full of "stuff" and you have to clear piles of things off the seats just to be able to sit....

What are the inside of your vehicles like?

Mine is like my house, generally tidy, lived in but certainly not either "clean" or "messy"

#2 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:08 AM

Inside is somewhere between lived in and messy.

I try to keep it cleaned out but, when the garbage bag gets filled it takes me awhile to put a new one in. Between the 2 front seats is piled with old sale ads, the odd food wrapper and 1 pair of socks (Not even sure how they got there!). It would only take me 5min at the most to clean it up.

My glove compartment is stuffed. It is mostly vehicle related stuff though.

Outside...I try to keep it cleanish. I just hate spending the money on a car wash. In the winter (when I should wash most LOL) I run it through the wash whenever it get to a point that I am bothered by it.

#3 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:19 AM

Right now both of them are spotless! but my van used to have all kinds of kids crap in it!

#4 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:33 AM

We have hockey stuff, some toys and a bit of dog fur, but otherwise it's fairly clean. hehe

#5 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:35 AM

Right now...oy...

I have soccer ball, hockey sticks, folding chairs, shoes, books, too much stuff. I keep it fairly clean inside, like vaccuming and that, but it's cluttered. KWIM?

Can't wait for warmer weather where I can plurge through it and clean it. I hate having messy cars.

#6 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 08:40 AM

I like to keep my car spotless inside and out, my s/o on the other hand, well thats another story.

I usually go through the car wash every Thursday when we fill up, unless we have a snow storm, then I wait till the next day and go through to wash off the salt. In the summer I use the wash stations or just do it in my drive as needed.

As for interior, at the moment I'm waiting for a thaw so I can take all the mats out and wash them and spot clean the carpets, but other than that its still fairly clean. I tend to do a wipe down one a week and dd has a storage bin on the back seat to keep all her bits and bobs in. My s/o has a garbage container that he uses about 75% of the time, which is a huge difference from using the passenger side floor to store his trash (HUGE PET PEEVE).

I've always been a little neurotic when it comes to my cars because I figure if you are going to fork out that kind of money for something you better take care of it :)

#7 mom2spiritedboys

mom2spiritedboys

Just getting started

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:15 AM

Usually - like my mind, my house and life in general - a hopeless mess. I used to drive around the county for work all day so it would get cluttered fast - that was my excuse. But even when I am not working now its a mess. It drives DH crazy and it has improved but still lots of room for improvement. Now that the kids are getting older I am putting more responsibility on them to bring things out of the van that they have dumped in there.

#8 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 09:16 AM

mine is generally tidy
i have my grocery bags window scraper and window washer fluid in the back
in the front i have a box of kleenex and my basket of cds hand sanitizer hand cream and my sunglasses

as for the outside i wash it whenever its needed

#9 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:27 AM

Mine sounds like yours Teri. I try to take any garbage out every day, but there are definitely a few odds and ends hanging around, and the centre console is full of items.

I couldn't stand having a messy car.

#10 Liv Katherine

Liv Katherine

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:04 AM

Mine isn't trashed but you can tell I have a child! Piles of hats,gloves and whatnot on the back sile. I also have my textbooks,notebooks sitting beside the carseat. I do not have a driveway nor do I have the time to sit there and clean it out. Once a week i go and throw out all the trash and whenever there is a warm day I will try to vaccum it. However my car is old and I couldn't care less what it looks like. On the outside its been in 2 major accidents where I just repaired it enough to drive, so when its washed it looks worse! I keep it dirty for a reason lol...

#11 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:39 AM

the inside is dusty but it's not dirty. There is nothing in it except for a babyseat and a few regal books. The outside I don't bother washing unless it's summer. Its pointless to wash a car in the winter.

#12 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 11:52 AM

:hysterical you waited in line and he didn't even mean the outside!! TOO funny!!!!

Mine is a mess!!!! beyond a mess!! Not cleaning it till it gets warmer. I dont' care HOW dirty it is I'm not freezing my butt off out there!!

#13 nainai0510

nainai0510

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

since my brother stopped using my car to cart around his gf and baby my car is clean-ish. I hardly ever wash the outside though. Right now though my car looks like poop on the inside as someone smashed the back window early Saturday morning and there was a ton of snow and glass inside. Its a good thing dh is a mechanic as he got a good deal on the glass and cleaning out the inside of the car.

#14 Mom0f2

Mom0f2

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 03:14 PM

ours is a mess right now, the more I clean the worse it gets, I just cleaned it too

The outside we like to do as often as possible in the winter months, to keep teh salt off it..... saves your vehicle..

AS for the inside, its a mess right now, no garbage just stuff... I keep extra blankets, shovel, small bag of salt, folding chair, emergency light & extra gloves, dog leash....

there is tons of dog hair.. hard to vacuum it.... it's bad lol.. try wearing a black wool coat in my van lol

#15 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:51 PM

In the winter months - a lot messier. Just cause car mats look dirty from all the salt etc. And dd gets her boots on the seat and back of the seat and everything is dirty! But on a good day I can guarantee you there are wrappers from some kind of snack. And As I travel a lot there always seems to be things in my car --- feel like I'm living in it sometimes. lol

Edited by Leslie, 31 January 2011 - 04:52 PM.

#16 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:52 AM

ours is always full of coffee cups, wrappers etc... it drives me INSANE!!! it's dh's car (i don't drive, just get driven around in it lol) and his messy tendencies kind of show up in the car. he knows it would NEVER fly in the house, but he's in the car on his commute to/from work alone and i guess he likes to get a little crazy sometimes :wacko:

it wouldn't bother me if he would actually clean it up, but he doesn't! it's to the point, to save ourselves the argument we will go on a "date" about once a month when we drop ds at school....we drop the car at a detailing place and get it cleaned, vaccumed etc and we go have a coffee together. voila! no more fighting!

Edited by It'sMe, 01 February 2011 - 06:53 AM.

#17 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 06:54 AM

Our van tends to get a little out of hand. I try to keep things tidy, but DH isn't really cooperative. I clean it out periodically, but since we only have the one DH is usually the one with the car. Right now ours is filthy and it makes me nuts. Not with trash, but with dirt and slush and salt. It just seems to be everywhere. Can't wait for signs of a spring thaw so it can get a shampooing. Even at the best of times DD's backseat is full of various travel toys she's discarded, but i can live with that.

#18 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 February 2011 - 08:27 AM

Right now it's messy as it's winter and it's harder to stand outside and vacuum it out and stuff. I wash it once a week to get the salt off as we already have rust from the all the salt. Usually my van is spotless as it's hubby's pet peeve when the car and van are dirty.