4 replies to this topic

#1 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:14 PM

My gf just called and told me that she just filled up and the gas attendant was saying to people fill up now because they are already anticipating gas prices to jump if the storm hits hard because no trucks will get through for days. He was gestimating gas prices as high a 116+ EEEEEEK!

#2 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:27 PM

i filled up today
i thought of that cause when london had the storm we were affected with lots of stations running out of gas cause the trucks couldnt get through

#3 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:40 PM

Beautiful. My car is stuck at work, I'm on empty (was planning on getting gas after work) and well DH had to come and pick me up from work as I slipped and fell right on my knee. Looks like I'll have to pay the high price.

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:43 PM

sherri posted January 31 @ 04:27 PM

i thought of that cause when london had the storm we were affected with lots of stations running out of gas cause the trucks couldnt get through

This is what the concern is and because the storm is slated to hit up past Toronto and we are in the lower portion of Southwestern ON, the gas trucks will get here last.

#5 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 31 January 2011 - 04:46 PM

Beautiful. My car is stuck at work, I'm on empty (was planning on getting gas after work) and well DH had to come and pick me up from work as I slipped and fell right on my knee. Looks like I'll have to pay the high price.

its not even so much the price its that the trucks wont be able to get here and they will start running out of it