Photo

So how much did you get, and what area are you in?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:41 AM

We are in Belle River, and we didnt get near what I was expecting.. The sleet however kept me up till close to 2am.. It was frigging windy and loud pelting on my windows and roof..

#2 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:46 AM

Amherstburg - mcgregor area

not so much in snow but what we did get is drifted..our driveway has huge drifts, as does the residential road we live on. Road isn`t plowed and there is noway i would be able to get through it. None of my neighbours (5 of us) has tried yet.

Main road is plowed but still snow covered and drifted in spots

sleet and wind woke me up too

Forced to stay home, for now

#3 Gemma2

Gemma2

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:47 AM

I am in kingsville and we didnt get as much as i thought either. It has just started again though. Maybe 6inches on top of what we had. The wind was terrible last night.

#4 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:52 AM

Amherstburg - mcgregor area

not so much in snow but what we did get is drifted..our driveway has huge drifts, as does the residential road we live on. Road isn`t plowed and there is noway i would be able to get through it. None of my neighbours (5 of us) has tried yet.

Main road is plowed but still snow covered and drifted in spots

sleet and wind woke me up too

Forced to stay home, for now

same here but luckily i live on the main road but even though its been plowed with all the blowing and drifting you cant even tell
my driveway is bad

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:53 AM

Our sidewalks are level with the snowbanks. Not sure how much we got. Speculations have said 16cms-ish. Hard to tell with blowing snow. We did get sleet though, and that's what's making it hard to move the stuff. It's going to be a workout, that's for sure.

#6 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:54 AM

UGH its snowing again

#7 kears

kears

was #36 joined in Mar. 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 08:59 AM

I'm in the East end of Windsor (Forest Glade). We got about 6"-12", that is without the drift. My road is a fairly busy road, but it likely won't be plowed til tomorrow. The main roads in Forest Glade are apparently partially plowed. With all the street parking, the plows just did what they could, so the streets are like one-way in many sections..forcing drivers to pull off to the side to let others pass. If the snow continues, it will be prety bad for the rest of the day!

#8 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:05 AM

I can't tell in S Windsor b/c the blowing. The wind kept me up most of the night.

#9 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:06 AM

Our sidewalks are level with the snowbanks. Not sure how much we got. Speculations have said 16cms-ish. Hard to tell with blowing snow. We did get sleet though, and that's what's making it hard to move the stuff. It's going to be a workout, that's for sure.

oh the sleet started here at 11:38, and was still going strong close to 2am.. It eased up on 2 occasions inbetween and just as I was about to drift off, it would start again.. It was nasty!

#10 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

Not entirely sure cause of drifting. Sidewalks are level with the snowbanks. In the backyard, my one dog can't really stand up. It completely covers her legs and some of her chest.

#11 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:08 AM

oh the sleet started here at 11:38, and was still going strong close to 2am.. It eased up on 2 occasions inbetween and just as I was about to drift off, it would start again.. It was nasty!

Did you guys get the thundersnow??? It woke me up around 3am.

#12 Keegsmama

Keegsmama

pfffffft

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,033 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:09 AM

I can't tell in S Windsor b/c the blowing. The wind kept me up most of the night.

not to mention the thunder too

#13 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:16 AM

Did you guys get the thundersnow??? It woke me up around 3am.

Im not sure... I was asleep by 3am..

#14 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:20 AM

i am just glad the power didnt go out i though for sure with all the sleet and wind it would

#15 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:23 AM

i am just glad the power didnt go out i though for sure with all the sleet and wind it would

We lose power here when someone sneezes so I was REALLY worried with the wind and rain. But we were okay!

#16 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

we got a good amt, the snow drifts are crazy lol thats in the tecumseh area. i know we got some sleet but I slept thru everything last night

#17 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:52 AM

Doesn't look like much here in the east end by the mall. But the wind has blown most of it into drifts. Dh said he had to dig the front door out to get in lol. I cant see the main roads though since I am on a side street far down.

#18 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:13 AM

The main roads this a.m seemed decent but side streets are awful. All my neighbours who tried to get out were stuck in the street so with a lot of people pushing some were getting out. City won't plow back here I am sure for another day or more so not planning on venturing too far.

That sleet/freezing rain kept me up till about 230 as well! I'm just glad everything wasnt coated in 2 inches of solid ice this a.m.

#19 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:22 AM

Our road isnt plowed either, but the Windsor STar was delivered by 7am :)
DH just left to drive to Windsor to his parents.
We may go to Mount Puce this afternoon to try out the new sleds!

#20 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

Not surprisingly, 4 inches tops. The storm last night was mostly wind blowing and it was sleet/rain at one point. This is in the downtown area. At least I get a day off work, though I wouldn't have even blinked an eye to go drive to work in this.

#21 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:31 AM

Tecumseh. The road has about 6-8 inches, but the driveway has huge drifts of a few feet. It took two of us an hour to shovel with a snow blower. It was fun though!

#22 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:35 AM

I would say the 16 cms is accurate for where I am in LaSalle. It's not what we expected but my poor puppers needs a shovelled spot to do his business without being up to his shoulders in snow, LOL!

#23 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:56 AM

It was just so heavy and blocky! Very hard to clear..and of course it's currently still snowing. lol

#24 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:03 AM

Not sure...There was about 3-4" in the driveway. Very heavy snow. We had one drift about 3'tall though right in the driveway. Thankfully it was back far enough that I didn't have to move it to get out. Can't wait to go for a walk in the woods out back though.

#25 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:14 AM

farting snow plow just made its first trip up our street and put it all on our side.. we have at least 3 feet now at the end of the drive... and our lucky neighbours on the other side of the street have nothing..

#26 suejw

suejw

member since march 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 527 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:16 AM

we got some snow (st joachim area) I guess it was alot? I didn't really think it was that much, and this whole storm has been blown out of porportion. But then I grew up in N. Ontario, and it took alot more snow and sleet than this to shut down the city. I made it in this morning, only got stuck because the snow was piled up at the end of the road.

Jen, mount PUce had kids on it already at 9 when I drove by!

#27 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:21 AM

in T.O. i wouldn't say we got much at all. as usual (and as i was expecting) it all got blown WAY out of proportion. "Snowtorious B.I.G" didn't live up to its name.

#28 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:58 AM

We have about 4-5' on the side drive and some pretty insane drifts that are waist deep. I was out shoveling around 2am and it was pretty nasty out there. Lots of snow, freezing rain and the wind was just insane. Roads out here are okay, just slow going.

#29 jkellerman

jkellerman

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:19 PM

I'm in Chicago right now and we got 20inches (50cm). Some of the snow drifts are HUGE! Can't even leave the house.