16 replies to this topic

#1 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 09:56 AM

So you all can take this for what it's worth, however...

Lately, I've noticed a few things. And what I've noticed brings me to point out that if you find yourself ONLY posting in hot topics, or only posting strong opinions or posting just to rile someone up and NEVER posting in a supportive manner, maybe you should reconsider why you are on these forums at all. I've been accused of being a shit disturber, and rightfully so. However, I DO post in support of people. I do post meaningful, positive posts. I don't post just to disagree with the masses, or to piss someone off on purpose. I get that people don't agree all the time and I LIKE that. But I don't like seeing particular members ONLY posting when it's to bash or rile people up. I don't see that as very productive and I believe goes against the core values of the forum. I'm not saying it all has to be sunshine and rainbows, cuz that would be boring and I wouldn't come here anymore! lol But if you don't EVER have anything supportive to add to the forum, why are you here?

The End.

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:12 AM

:bow2 Have I told you I love you

#3 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:48 AM

I totally agree

especially the part that it is fine to disagree with people. I encourage people to be honest in their opinions and disagree away, without fear of hurting people`s feelings....as in at the end of the day, it is all good way.

what I don`t like is when people are so closed minded that have to go on and on and on and on tearing apart every single word.

If people have real true intellegence and maturity, they will realize nothing is black and white and there is lots that can be learned from understanding, not agreeing but understanding where the other person may be coming from. Just try to display that there may be merit in the thoughts of others

#4 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:06 AM

Agreed here too. It's also not all about flexing you intelligence either, some people need to realize it really tends to have the opposite effect.

Also, a horse is a horse. You can say you're not a horse, but it doesn't mean you aren't. This applies to lots of scenarios, some including myself, no doubt.

#5 mom2spiritedboys

mom2spiritedboys

Just getting started

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:29 AM

agreed

and also think that when there are certain people are consistently just posting to disagree or to stir the pot or to put people down - whatever - it would be nice if people could just refrain from actually responding to those people. Don't give them what they want, which is attention and strife. Refuse to participate - act like they didn't post and move on. Its not always easy but if everyone could just walk away from those individuals it will remove the fuel for the fire.

just sayin

#6 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:31 AM

agreed

and also think that when there are certain people are consistently just posting to disagree or to stir the pot or to put people down - whatever - it would be nice if people could just refrain from actually responding to those people. Don't give them what they want, which is attention and strife. Refuse to participate - act like they didn't post and move on. Its not always easy but if everyone could just walk away from those individuals it will remove the fuel for the fire.

just sayin

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! Though, yes, it is VERY hard to do that! lol

#7 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:52 AM

OMG you read my mind! I'll be outspoken and voice my opinion when its something thats important to me, but don't needlessly stir the pot or beat a dead horse. There are some people on here who seem to always be picking on others and provoking people, but never contributing anything positive or worthwhile. Why be part of a forum if you are only going to be a troll???

#8 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 11:57 AM

Oh my, walk away..? That's a tall order! I need a few lessons in the art of walking away!

#9 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:03 PM

WE NEED A LIKE BUTTON!!!!!! :thankyou-rose :goodpost

#10 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:05 PM

those are the people on my ignore list. I don't bother to read anything from them so I don't know if they say anything suportive or not because it's not worth my time to read ANYTHING that they type

#11 Mom0f2

Mom0f2

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 12:15 PM

I had it here, I had it on facebook, now they are on my block list, it comes when you don't want to post to be degraded.. some people on here especially think it's all about them, it's funny..

I agree totally with you Dana..... it's so true, one reason why I don't bother anymore....

#12 Jennrz

Jennrz

Jennrz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 192 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:09 PM

those are the people on my ignore list. I don't bother to read anything from them so I don't know if they say anything suportive or not because it's not worth my time to read ANYTHING that they type

Yup I have done that too!

#13 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:19 PM

Oh, let's keep in mind that there are MULTIPLE people I am referring to here. Not just any one person in particular.

#14 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 01:32 PM

agreed

just sayin

I TOTALLY AGREE!!!!! Though, yes, it is VERY hard to do that! lol

it is and to be honest, when I fall victim...ya that about covers it, I feel like I fell victim or my own stupidity. I know better!

#15 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:11 PM

Oh, let's keep in mind that there are MULTIPLE people I am referring to here. Not just any one person in particular.

figured that

#16 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 02:21 PM

this is just one of many posts of yours today Dana where i just wanna shout "you go girl!" LOL

#17 Jessica H

Jessica H

Proud mom of 3 beautiful kids

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,702 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 05:43 PM

Very well said Dana!