5 replies to this topic

#1 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:47 PM

My teeny tiny little Court is already plowed, as are the rest of the streets in our subdivision.

#2 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:53 PM

I would like to shout out to Amherstburg too..

We have a very small cul de sac (only 5 houses) and it usually always, even when only 1 house was finished on the street, been plowed very quickly.

BUT not today, which is completely acceptable and expected so I am not complaining!!

Although, I really need to get out tomorrow and it is snowing again now so I am crossing my fingers the snow stops so they can get to us.

#3 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

Agreed Danielle!

We were done a few hours ago as well!
Recycling came but no garbage yet, oh and Canada Post was out delivering as well.

#4 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

What the snow plow missed this morning my neighbours took care of with tractors and snowblowers!

#5 Aimster

Aimster

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

Agreed Danielle!

We were done a few hours ago as well!
Recycling came but no garbage yet, oh and Canada Post was out delivering as well.

Our street was plowed around 1:00pm. Of course, it came by just as I finished the driveway (his blade came within 2 feet of me when I was shovelling!). At least he slowed down as he passed...

I went to drive my dd to her friend's house and a joining street was not plowed. Of course I got stuck behind the recycling truck and every time it stopped, so did I. Then I had to work to get traction to move again. lol

When I got to her friend's street, it was obvious that no plow had made it there yet. In all, it wasn't that big a deal. We didn't get the snowfall they were predicting anyway. I just spun my way through it.

But I have to say, our mail was not delivered today.

#6 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 03 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

I didnt check ours, but when we were at Mount Puce, Canada Post was filling up the community boxes that are there.