6 replies to this topic

#1 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

Since my son was about a week old I have been using enfamil a+ formula (I could not breastfeed due to having to take demerol for kidney stones), I bf'd my dd so after using formula for 5 weeks I had no idea how expensive it is. My question is, how many of you use the pc brand (with the omega's in it)? I am slowly switching to it and so far he has had no negetive affect from doing so. When I compared no name brands (with the omegas in it) with the name brands like enfamil and similac it looks so similar...not trying to start a dabate but is it?? I know they all meet the fdd requirements or whatever.

#2 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 07:53 PM

The no name is just fine. They have to meet the same requirements. However it may not agree with your baby's tummy. so just watch for fussiness.

#3 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:32 PM

I used Good STart, but I know alot of people who used the PC stuff.. >Like TM3 mentioned, its all got to pass the same requirements.

#4 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:37 PM

i used for sam,
it was the only on that he did not puke up

Edited by sims, 04 February 2011 - 08:37 PM.

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:39 PM

Even on the newer formula commercial where they go on about "superior nutrition" they say in small that all formula meets baby's nutritional needs. Really, I think you can buy some with extra vitamin D and other fancy stuff, but really, it's not necessary. It's all gimmicks, IMO.

#6 chat_cath

chat_cath

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:51 PM

I used it for DD after a switch from Enfamil A+ because it was so expensive and we hadn't planned on formula either. We used the PC omega one too as I do feel the omegas are important not necessarily all the other stuff. We had no problems and we transitioned slowly too. We used the PC for a long time, eventually switched to Heinz similar one near the end(didn't jump back and forth) because of cost and coupons and going to Heinz store (and we continued til she was 18 months like dr. suggested). When you can make the switch to powder formula, it gets cheaper too, no matter what kind.

#7 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:35 PM

I used it for dd to mix her meds in and it was fine - was actually recommended by the pharm. I liked that you could get mini cans since we only used it for one bottle a day :)