36 replies to this topic

#1 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:42 PM

The neighbour (the one with the knife) did it again. I heard the doorbell went to the door, but couldn't see anything out the window so I decided to open the door and as soon as I did, she popped out and said call the police. I shut the door immediately and locked it and then called 911. I'm shaking. I CAN'T deal with a person like this.

#2 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

Maybe you should move! I am serious!! I would be too worried about my own safety and my kids..
Are you alone? Do you have someone that can come over while the police sort this out?

#3 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:47 PM

Whaaaatt!?!?

Some lady with a KNIFE?! What the hell are the police doing about this?

#4 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:53 PM

There are cops all over outside right now, and I asked them to come see me when they were done. I over heard one officer say to another go get the shield...whatever that is. DH is here with us. He did grab the bat, just in case...eeek....but we own this house and they are tenants in an upstairs duplex next door. Gotta be something I can do to get her out.

Don, she did this a few months ago...pounded on my door and aksing me to call the police cause someone was in her place trying to hurt her. As I grabbed my phone I headed outside as I didn't want my kids to hear any of it, well she ended in front of my door while I was near the stairs on my porch and she brings her hands around from her back and she was holding a knife. And not no kitchen knife either. I freaked, got away real quick and came in locked my door and waited for the police. Turns out she was on something and the person in her place was her friend. And now this. Scared the crap outta me that no one was there and as soon as I open my door she pops out...wt????

#5 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:54 PM

Holy heck.. Sounds like that lady needs meds, and I'm not saying that to make fun, either.

#6 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:55 PM

Holy sh!t. Glad you're ok. Maybe they will commit her, and get her some help.

#7 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 08:56 PM

WT? is a shield used by officers. I don't understand and that makes it worse.

#8 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:01 PM

Riot shield. Big clear piece of plexiglass they can use to help hold down a psychotic person while they get cuffs on.

#9 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

I'm pretty sure its a larege plastic barrier that they can carry and it protects them from whatever. I think only the special units have them. Are they regular police officers, or ones dressed in all grey?

#10 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

Riot shield. Big clear piece of plexiglass they can use to help hold down a psychotic person while they get cuffs on.

OH......

Just great!!!

And now there's a fire truck here....

Anyone wanna come for popcorn.......

#11 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:03 PM

I'm pretty sure its a larege plastic barrier that they can carry and it protects them from whatever. I think only the special units have them. Are they regular police officers, or ones dressed in all grey?

Both....

My street is covered in them right now....

#12 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:05 PM

Both....

The ones in grey are emergency services...like the tactical teams. Must be serious.

#13 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:10 PM

Both....

The ones in grey are emergency services...like the tactical teams. Must be serious.

YIKES!!!! that sounds scary!!

#14 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

jesus bloody christ.
stay safe!

#15 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 09:51 PM

holy crap! That woman needs to be taken away!

#16 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:01 PM

Ok...so I just talked with the officers and heres what is what.

Apparently there was a big fight, she is leaving...he is staying and back a few days ago all kinds of cops where here too and and ambulance, he OD and the cop said he should have died cause it was that bad. Well the cop also said that there are needles everywhere up in there. He advised me not to answer the door when they come regardless of anything...and that if my kids go out and play to watch for needles.

He also said that chances of them moving out in a few months is good cause these kind don't usually stay too long as they move place to place.

Makes me feel more secure....NOT!!!

#17 mom2spiritedboys

mom2spiritedboys

Just getting started

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 04 February 2011 - 10:06 PM

How frightening for you and for your family and neighbours

Edited as I posted same time as you posted your update.

Edited by mom2spiritedboys, 04 February 2011 - 10:07 PM.

#18 moosemom

moosemom

Not going anywhere soon ! ! !

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:42 AM

If they are renting, can't you contact their Landlord and have them evicted??? There has to be a clause in their contract or something.

Stay safe and {{{ hugs }}}

#19 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:29 AM

The landlord is one who doesn't care what happens as long as the rent is paid.

#20 TRACY

TRACY

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,410 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:24 AM

Wow Jenny, stay safe.

#21 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 01:00 PM

Wow, glad u guys are ok. I hope for your sakes these people move soon!

#22 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:37 PM

wow that is nuts. :(

#23 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

Actually you can complain to the landlord about the ongoing disruption and if he choses to do nothing you can file a grievance against him and even threaten legal action. As a landlord he is required to ensure that his tenants do not disrupt the neighbors as part of his tenancy agreement. Because there has been police involvement the landlord cannot fall back on the "your word against mine" excuse as so many tend to do. I would not sit back any longer an let this go on. You have kids who's safety is being threatened and that landlord is just as liable as the tenants he choses to reside in his home.

#24 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 06:54 PM

Vals what do I do to start that. I CANNOT go any longer with this crap...and I know my neighbours can't either.

#25 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:48 PM

You and your neighbors need to call the landlord and discuss with him all the issues you have had with these tenants.

I would be telling him in detail what the police told you and asking him flat out if he knew that these tenants posed such a risk to the neighborhood. No one should have to live in fear of leaving their own home or allowing their children to play outside for risk of being poked by a needle or worse yet caught up in a domestic dispute.

I would also contact the landlord/tenant board and speak to someone there.

I know that you can threaten legal action against the landlord if he does not make an attempt to deal with his tenants or better yet evict them and that you can use legal aid for that service.

#26 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 07:56 PM

My other fear is: What if the tenant finds out that I said somethning and they take action on me...not legal...but physical? KWIM?

#27 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 08:58 PM

Yikes!! Makes me glad my neighbours are all pretty quiet... I hope they leave soon so you can feel more safe in your own home... thats pretty crazy!

#28 kears

kears

was #36 joined in Mar. 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

This is crazy-serious. I wish I knew what to say. You obviously can't sit by and hope for the best. I would discuss this with the landlord and maybe let him know about the concerns that you have with this person taking revenge. I can only assume that any decent landlord would not want people like this living in their appartment. I do believe that if a tenant is breaking laws (using the app't. to do drugs), there is likely more he can do to get them evicted QUICKLY. If the police have already witnessed some illegal activities, maybe they can confirm this fact so that the landlord has a better change and getting them out?

#29 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 10:54 AM

4 cop cars are out there again this morning....like really???? UGHHHHHH

#30 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 01:17 PM

I feel so bad for you. The landlord really needs to come out when the cops are there and see for himself what goes on.

#31 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 06 February 2011 - 02:54 PM

yuck
hugs
hope they get out of there soon

#32 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 09:17 AM

YIKES!

I hope they do something.

I had a schizophrenic try to burn down my house twice and also throw rocks through our windows. It was always in the dark and she always ran. I knew, and the police knew who it was. There was no proof though. It only stopped because we moved.

#33 jkellerman

jkellerman

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 74 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 11:25 AM

My other fear is: What if the tenant finds out that I said somethning and they take action on me...not legal...but physical? KWIM?

Well, think about it.....she showed up at your door. Then the police show up at hers. Of course she knows YOU called, right? But she would have no idea of knowing who complained to the landlord since the police are so involved now and the whole neighborhood saw police cars there. It could have been any of the neighbors, police, etc.

I would really get on it about talking to the landlord. This is not to be taken lightly. Especially since you have kids that play outside. You never know when these whackjobs could come outside and do something.

#34 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 12:16 PM

I tell ya what, if I ever found a dirty needle on the grass where my children played, I would be calling the city every 10 mins!!!!! If the slumlord won't do anything about it, then maybe the city can.

#35 JeepMom

JeepMom

aka JeepFreak

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 905 posts

Posted 07 February 2011 - 03:12 PM

I would call the cops at any little thing they did plus I would be calling for any and all bi-law infringements...like noise...did you know that the noise bi-law is 24/7...and not the after 10pm like most people think.... I think the more times the cops are there banging on their doors the more likely something will get done.... they will either get tired of it and move, the cops get a hold of the land lord and make them do something...and i would get your neighbours in on it too.....

I would be calling everyone and anyone...