4 replies to this topic

#1 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:17 PM

As far as supper goes. Do you preplan? or do you do whatever's in the fridge? or somewhere in the middle?

#2 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:29 PM

I pre-plan every Thursday before I go grocery shopping and make sure I have all the items I need to make dinners until the following Thursday. We have seasonal menu and fav. dishes that get prepared each week and then rotate other things that we enjoy. It keeps things organized, especially since I like to prepare everything from scratch. This week we will be having a roast dinner w/all the trimmings, chicken/stuffing casserole w/ veggies, home made pot pie w/veggies, meat loaf w/potatoes & veggies, cottage pie with veggies and turkey breast dinner w/all the trimming. I think I have a good system in place :)

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 03:33 PM

I decide while I am at the grocery store on Thursday and friday. I buy what I want to makr that week and all the stuff I need to go with it and what side dishes I will be making. With how busy our house has gotten since I went back to school I like to be prepared. Who knew me leaving the house would cause such a disruption in the system lol

#4 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:14 PM

I buy whats on sale and then I make something out of what I bought. I go on a recipe site and come up with some fun things :) so I am not prepared but it all works out lol

#5 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

i cook for a lot of people and for different diets/needs so i do *some* pre-planning when writing out my list, mainly based on requests, favourites or new things we'd like to try. but since we spend so much, i really try and work around sales. now just because lean ground beef is $1.99/lb somewhere one week, the doesn't exactly mean we'll be eating a ton of it THAT week, but it does mean i'll be stuffing my freezer with as much of it as possible!

beyond that, when it comes to what we eat on any given day i usually decide that morning. sometimes later and other times when i'm even more unmotivated and lazier than usual, i order :embarassed