12 replies to this topic

#1 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:21 PM

Can it be used on children? Noah is 22 mths almost and all we have is the regular Vicks, he has a bit of a cold so I wanted to see if this would help him sleep a little better. Can I used this on his chest or is there one for children?

#2 LoveMyKids2

LoveMyKids2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:31 PM

They make a Vicks VapoRub for babies/toddlers now. It is in the same section as the regular Vicks

#3 Gillian

Gillian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 09:50 PM

Thanks. I wasn't sure if there was one for children.

#4 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 10:43 PM

Use it on his feet trust me it's odd but works!! Use the Baby stuff and rub it into his feet and put socks on it will easy the cough and I am not to sure how but we do it for both our kids and one is asthmatic and it works.

#5 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 12:09 AM

LOVE VICKS!!!! The rub is awesome, but if you want a real treat spend $20 and get one of the waterless vaporizers. I bought one for dd and it is AMAZING!!!

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 08:17 AM

I use it on the kids feet too! Find it works much better than the chest and the kids dont fuss oveer the smell

#7 sophie

sophie

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 78 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:03 AM

I've tried the feet thing too and it works awesome. Another trick is to smudge a little on an old sock or hankercheif and then tuck it into their pillow. (Usually I fold the sock inside out after putting the Vicks on it to make sure none seeps through). Works great as well.

#8 Emma&Ethans_mom

Emma&Ethans_mom

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:04 AM

we use regualr vics... but like said above PUT IT ON THE BOTTOM OF THE FEET.. a decent amount.. and put on socks... works amazing.

#9 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 09 February 2011 - 10:42 AM

I got the Vicks for Kids as it has Aloe in it and the smell isn't as strong as the regular stuff... YDD loves to have it rubbed on her chest, and finds it quite soothing... I use the regular Vicks on myself and ODD...

#10 Gillian

Gillian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:38 PM

Thanks for the info. We went out he other night and bought some, I didn't see this thread again til now so I didn't know about the feet! I will definately put some on his feet tonight before bed! Thanks again :)

#11 MLaporte

MLaporte

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 05:08 PM

I don't know about the Vicks for kids, but use caution with adult Vicks on kids. There has been some research on Vicks and can it may cause an increase in mucous production and is more hazardous for children under the age of 2 due to their narrower nasal passages. Also, use caution with the humidifiers and vicks...I was told by a nurse at telehealth once not to do that.

Edited by MLaporte, 10 February 2011 - 05:47 PM.

#12 Rebekah

Rebekah

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 389 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 06:02 PM

Thumbs up to putting it on their feet. That and using the infant hydrasense is amazing for clearing them out.

#13 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 February 2011 - 12:36 AM

LOVE VICKS!!!! The rub is awesome, but if you want a real treat spend $20 and get one of the waterless vaporizers. I bought one for dd and it is AMAZING!!!

What is a `waterless` vaporizer? Do you mean the kind that you put the liquid Vicks into it? Or is it something else?