8 replies to this topic

#1 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 03:22 PM

I have mostly Bum Genius 4.0 One Size pockets, and EasyFit OS pockets. Seriously... are these really going to last through to potty training? They apparently go to 35lbs, but I find it hard to believe that the velcro/snaps and elastics will really last over 3 years of continual use, even with careful washing.

I also have some lower end Kawai OS pockets that will definitely not make it that long - the velcro is already destroyed on the velcro ones but the snaps are doing ok.

Anyone had their One Size diapers make it through to potty training?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:12 PM

I have not made it through potty training yet but I do have some bum genius that have been through more than one kid and are still going strong

#3 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:49 PM

They lasted my luttle bumed kids through potty training. Zoe out grew them at 12 months!! Waste of moola!!!!! If i had to do it again i would have gotten a lot more large DryBees

#4 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 04:50 PM

Oh and yes they will last even with continuous use. I had three in them for a full year and before that two in them for a year. They lasted and held up well

#5 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 08:20 PM

Murk you know that Zoe just has a big bum =P Brooklyn is 2.5 and still fits in them all with LOTS of growing room

#6 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:11 PM

A daycare child i care for is almost 2years. They use bum genius and they are doing well. The child has had a few blowouts lately (nearly ready to potty train, holding pee and going all at once) and they are going to try and strip them? not sure and see if they can up the absorbancy. They have a newborn and said they have the kind that snap vs the velcro this time..

#7 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 09:56 PM

I used OS diapers with ds and they fit him well from approx. 10 mths until potty-training. I did have the elastics on many of my cloth diapers go, but it may have been just the brand that I was using that was a problem.

#8 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 17 February 2011 - 10:34 PM

Well my BG"s are on their 2nd owner and Miss N will likely be starting to train in the next 6 months. Still lots of room and life left in them. They aren't the prettiest, but totally usable.

#9 proudmum

proudmum

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:34 AM

Love my Flips.. dude never made it to the largest setting. hes on the smal side.
+ its nice you can make them less absorbant or more.
that reminds me i need to get more for my new little dude coming.