25 replies to this topic

#1 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 09:59 AM

Does it bother you that customer service is in India? I am trying to find out about my bill and they are in India, and tell me there is no customer service office in Canada. It shoudl be call Bell India then. bell Canada collects all the Canadian taxes and charges the Canadian prices. But they outsource their jobs to India, makes me want to switch even more to Rogers or Cogeco. UGH

#2 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

Bell doesn't have customer service. They have a screw the little guy service however- but you have to pay extra for that

#3 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 10:40 AM

Hate bell india oops I mean bell canada. Im switching in the summer as soon as my 'you got suckered in for two years' contract is up :\

#4 one_vice

one_vice

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 11:05 AM

We switched from Bell to Vonage for our home phone, and Vonage has their customer service in India too. =/

#5 mysticmom

mysticmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:33 PM

I ended up calling the Customer Loyalty number (800-789-7723) and got my home bill down $10 but added long distance for $6.95, internet down $15, and got $5 off my sons cell phone (which is a $25 plan already). So I got 25 hours of long distance, and I am still saving $15.00. That is high speed internet too. Phone and Internet are $74.33 with tax and that is call waiting and caller id. Give a call, maybe you can save some money. NO CONTRACT either.

#6 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:35 PM

we stayed with bell because the others are worse. Bell owns all the lines and rents out the crap ones to people like primus.. so if you hae a problem (which you likley will :p) if you switch you end up dealing with Bell plus the other new company- who is likely in India too :p its sucks.

#7 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 12:42 PM

I heard they moved their business service line back to Canada. I wish they would with the residential too.

I agree with Mysticmom....my boss has done that a couple of times and gotten good "deals".

#8 mysticmom

mysticmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 01:47 PM

I stayed too, but you can call in and try to get the bill lowered, worked for me.

#9 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 18 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

Our bill was lowered when we came back :0) thanks for the tip Sherry!

#10 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:03 PM

Bell doesn't have customer service. They have a screw the little guy service however- but you have to pay extra for that

LMAO!!!!

#11 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 01:33 PM

argh Bell.....

#12 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:01 PM

did everyone get that credit on their bell account? It was something like 67$?

#13 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 04:11 PM

thats another reason why i LOVE dealing with Teksavvy for my phone and internet. they rock, and all of their customer service / employee's are local..

I had to call last night to get help learning how to monitor our internet usage online, and the very nice guy i talked to was great! He was soo nice, very patient, and helpful. And i love that teksavvy offers better internet packages.. we pay like 30 a month, or somethin and get 200 Gigs, which the packages expands to 300 Gigs in march, just as a thank u from the company owners. I have had nothing but great experiences with them so far.

Maybe check them out, and u wont have to worry about hard to understand customer service anymore.

http://teksavvy.com/en/default.asp

#14 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:00 PM

I don't think that is coming until March. If you have a balance on your account you will get a credit on your bill if not I think you will get a cheque. That's what I have read.

#15 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:02 PM

I just got off the phone with them. They charged me an additional 30 bucks for internet, after I added 40 gbs for 5 bucks. When I asked about it, the woman(clearly not from canada) just kept saying my internet usage was from dec 12-jan 11. Which I called her out on, because the bill I JUST paid was from that period.

I just got off the phone with her and said "No wonder no one likes Bell". Calling back tomorrow to talk to a manager.

Edited by Jen.Uh.Fur, 22 February 2011 - 05:12 PM.

#16 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:06 PM

I was late paying and ya, it was on my bill this month.

#17 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 05:12 PM

I don't think that is coming until March. If you have a balance on your account you will get a credit on your bill if not I think you will get a cheque. That's what I have read.

I got mine last month.

#18 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 07:45 PM

I haven't seem any credit on my bill and I haven't received anything in the mail.

For internet I'm with MNSI and they've been excellent helping out the few times I've had an issue with service.

#19 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 08:26 PM

bell is coming back to canada this year..thats what my installer said!
two weeks of bell and two service calls...ARG

#20 mysticmom

mysticmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 08:02 AM

I did not get a credit yet either.

#21 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 11:41 AM

so i was VERY pissed that i could not talk to someone to place my service call last night- i pushed to speak with someone and i was on hold for 48 minutes when i got so mad and hung up- i called back and set up a service call as my phone was not working- i booked an appointment for today 12-6. i headed out and he came by while i was gone - left a note saying that there was a problem with the main wire and it would be fixed tonight.

Now i did check out Teksavvy- my home phone with my options would cost $10 more than what i pay now.
I am not able to go with cogeco for phone and internet- had too many issues due to being last on the "pole"-

#22 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:00 PM

Bell Canada's "customer service" sucks but their tech guys rock. Ive had them out to my home on a sunday once and the guy was awesome. Also had an internet tech guy come to my work, he also was awesome. My mom also had tech guys and never had problems.

#23 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:02 PM

we stayed with bell because the others are worse. Bell owns all the lines and rents out the crap ones to people like primus.. so if you hae a problem (which you likley will :p) if you switch you end up dealing with Bell plus the other new company- who is likely in India too :p its sucks.

Let me guess, Bell technical support told you that? What a bunch of BS. Since I switched from Bell to Primus, my phone lines work better and internet works far better. And now I get Bell constantly begging for me to come back. Stay with the power hungry organization if you like, but don't believe their lies.

#24 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:48 PM

That wasn't the only place i heard it from. Primus and Bell told me the same thing. We had a month of NO internet- our phone was fuzzy and you almost couldn't hear the other person talking. One issue after another. Glad your experience is better, but from service to quality, Primus was a nightmare for us.

#25 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:04 PM

The only thing that is true is that they are Bell's lines.

#26 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 01:42 PM

I just got off the phone with them. They charged me an additional 30 bucks for internet, after I added 40 gbs for 5 bucks. When I asked about it, the woman(clearly not from canada) just kept saying my internet usage was from dec 12-jan 11. Which I called her out on, because the bill I JUST paid was from that period.

I just got off the phone with her and said "No wonder no one likes Bell". Calling back tomorrow to talk to a manager.

You may want to read this before you pay any overage... Bell admits it wasn't able to tract usage

Let me guess, Bell technical support told you that? What a bunch of BS. Since I switched from Bell to Primus, my phone lines work better and internet works far better. And now I get Bell constantly begging for me to come back. Stay with the power hungry organization if you like, but don't believe their lies.

I loved Primus, and although there were times when service was out I had that issue and more with Bell. It was a relief to be with a company that didn't pad their charges in some areas, and outright create false ones in other areas. My speeds were actually much higher with Primus as well, which is funny as it's through the infrastructure held by Bell.