18 replies to this topic

#1 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:46 PM

Mine do. I am not nearly as picky about what *I* eat, as what my kids eat. I eat A LOT of processed food. I snack on crap. I eat chips, cookies, candy. I drink a LOT of pop. Like, a lot. My kids though, they eat so much better than I do. Leiken snacks CONSTANTLY thru the day, so we usually have fruit, cheese, crackers, yogurt for him to eat. Sure, he gets some treats too, but mostly he eats relatively good foods.

Do your kids eat better quality food than you?

#2 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:54 PM

ABSOLUTELY!

I make healthy meals for her and Tim. Then I make something processed for myself. Snacks wise she usually has fruit, veggies, yogurt, etc.

Pretty much everything I eat is processed. I really need to change that.

#3 PookersMom

PookersMom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 03:55 PM

no. We all eat the same foods....we minimize processed foods in our house.

#4 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:00 PM

We eat really healthy for the most part. We don't buy chips or cookies or other crap unless its for a treat. Noah has his snacks which are pretty healthy, cheese, fruit, crackers... He like Teddy grahams so he gets that once in a while as a treat but other then that not alot of junk. We usually have alot of healthy meals so he eats what we do. He is picky about some things (especailly veggies) but we are trying to find creative ways to get him to comsume more veggies!

#5 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:36 PM

yes!! I will make a full meal for the kids and load up the veggies, but only have a peanut butter sandwich for myself.... the fruit is for the kids to snack on.... we too don't buy chips/cookies/junk food only as "special treats"... my reasoning - there just isn't enough money to feed everyone, so kids come first!!

I hate that healthy eating is a lot more expensive then the processed crap!! I hate that all over the news all you hear about is the rising cost of food & beef.... this is insane!!!!

#6 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 04:37 PM

Nope. Usually they eat what I eat but sometimes, they'll get treats like mac and cheese or chicken fingers and fries and I'll have salad. I do my best to eat as "clean" as possible because I feel great when I do and I'd love for the kids to do the same but I also know that treats can be good :)

#7 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 06:01 PM

We all eat the same. They get more fruits then I do though cause they have a fresh fruit program at school.

#8 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:10 PM

We mostly eat the same- meals at home- we all love veggies (and salads) and fruit. However i have a nasty tooth for junk- so they may get it once in a while - i snack on crap way more often- like when they are in bed.

#9 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:18 PM

Yes, they eat much, much, much better than I do. I can't handle any fruits/veggies other than boiled potatoes and carrots. Not because of taste, but my digestive tract doesn't break them down properly, and it causes not-pretty issues. I only drink pop. Like I don't drink water ever.

The good news, is unlike me, the kids were started off on the good stuff, and they truly love it. And the kids see all my health issues from the junk, and don't want to grow up with the issues that mom has. It wasn't planned to be this way, but it's kind of like our own "scared straight" program, lol.

#10 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:22 PM

depends what kid your talking about... DS I definatly eat better then he does!! he drives me CRAZY!!!!!

#11 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 08:36 PM

absolutely. I'm slowly changing that to eat like Grace does though, because after surgery we will all be eating the same healthy meals. She's the only kid I know who eats her veggies FIRST lol

#12 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:02 PM

absolutely. I'm slowly changing that to eat like Grace does though, because after surgery we will all be eating the same healthy meals. She's the only kid I know who eats her veggies FIRST lol

Not the only kid you know ;)

#13 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 25 February 2011 - 09:45 PM

The kids eat better because they eat three meals a day, and healthy snacks in between. I will eat maybe twice a day, and depending on our budget, i get special snacks for me aka chips, pop ect

#14 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:16 AM

yes thay eat much better then I do.

#15 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 01:20 AM

My YDD will go out to a restaurant and ask for a big plate of steamed broccoli and salad !!!

You don't even want to see my grocery bill for fresh fruit and veggies ever wk for the kids...

Nuff said.....

#16 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:10 AM

That is what they do when they are young, then that usually changes. My boys ater everything (fruit and veggie wise) as babies and toddlers, as they got older they did not want some of them.

#17 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:21 AM

DD eats much better than hubby and I. With work and school I consume a lot of coffee and on the go foods like sandwiches, and processed to go foods like apple sauces, puddings etc. Its whatever i can throw in a sack and take for lunch at work/school. Dh is similar. Lots of sandwiches for him (bologna on white bread). On days off we usually only have time for one big meal at night typically, which is horrible for you. We keep trying to make adjustment but hectic schedules make it so challenging.

DD always gets a balanced meal even if she might only eat some of it. We always buy the "baby's foods" and then "our foods" when really we should all be eating the same balance. We have gotten a lot better with what we eat, but there is A LOT of room for improvement here for the adults.

#18 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:46 AM

That is what they do when they are young, then that usually changes. My boys ater everything (fruit and veggie wise) as babies and toddlers, as they got older they did not want some of them.

That's not always true. Cyan is 6, and is still the same way!

#19 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:00 AM

for sure they do! Dinner is more equal as I cook for all of use and it is 99% of the time healthy. Breakfast and lunch are a different story , the kids get all good stuff but I hate breakfast and never eat it. All I have is a coffee and lots of creamer...got to change that if I want to loose any weight. I drink a butt load of pop and eat lots of crappy food which I am in the process of weeding out as I have stomach issues and it is making me very ill.

Both my kids 2 and 9 will eat veggies and fruit over chips,cookies,ect. ds loves brussel sprouts and broccoli and I am pretty sure will end up a vegetarian as he really hate to have to eat meat. dd loves broccoli as well and asparagus and all kinds of veggies you would think a kid wouldn't touch. I instilled good eating habits right away in my kids.