10 replies to this topic

#1 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:17 AM

What's that one job that you always get little helpers helping you with. Even when you dont ask them for that "help"

#2 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:19 AM

baking! lol Lily loves to help do that. Jake loves to "help" vacuum and Bella loves to set the table at night :) I dont mind, i figure if there "helping" there in my sight lol and not in to trouble lol

#3 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:23 AM

Faith loves helping with laundry and trash. She walks me to the garbage chute and pushes the door closed when we take out the trash, but she has a hissy if i go without her. Same with laundry. She MUST be allowed to come (or feel her wrath) and she must be allowed to hold the laundry room keys and close all of the washer/dryer doors lol. I always tell her she's a great helper altho it takes me 2x as long to do both tasks :p

She'll also pull out her toy vaccuum when I vaccuum and vacuum along side me. She also tries to sweep the floor with the big broom on her own, but usually ends of spilling the cat food and water instead. At that point I thank her for her help, but she can be done helping now. haha!

Edited by Ellivort, 26 February 2011 - 10:24 AM.

#4 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:30 AM

My girls love love love to help me wadh the floor but OMG what a serious mess lol. I generally just end up soapping up behind them.

Zoe helps with 99%of my tasks. Baking and cooking is her favs. She holds my hand while i cut up veggies with the sharp knife. She can push a chair accross to the counter in the blink of an eye lol

#5 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:37 AM

Emily loves helping me in the kitchen. She always gets mad if i do something without her. Both the girls like dusting, so thats an added bonus lol.

#6 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:24 AM

dd loves to wipe down the tables. She gets little rag and away she goes. She also loves to throw away any garbage

#7 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:36 AM

dd loves to vacuum and dust and even has her own cleaning cart to help out :) Vacuuming is always the hard one because its a central vac unit and she wants to use the same one I do and not her little dirt devil.

#8 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 07:58 AM

Laundry! ugh LOL As fast as I fold it she's busy throwing it into a pile LOL Its hard to be mad though when she's so proud of herself for "helping" LOL

#9 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:01 PM

She always helps to wipe down the table - this I like.
Sweeping with her around is a NIGHTMARE - she always just ends up spreading around my piles of HUSKY fur and it all goes back in the air and I have to wait for it all to settle again.

Lately she has really been trying to help with dishes - which wouldn't be a problem if they weren't ALL glass or ceramic & kept way too high for her.

#10 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:18 PM

Dishes - Accepting their "help" usually involved putting towels on the floor and stripping them down to their shorts since they tend to pour water everywhere.

#11 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 28 February 2011 - 03:02 PM

Dishes - Accepting their "help" usually involved putting towels on the floor and stripping them down to their shorts since they tend to pour water everywhere.

lol here too I always end up with a tiny river of water draining down the grout lines