22 replies to this topic

#1 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:44 PM

I apologize for offended any of you with my beliefs.

That's it. Sorry. I'll be more careful with my words next time. Though I don't think I was rude in ANY way to begin with, obviously some people took what I believe a little too sensitively. I apologize.

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 05:55 PM

I dont think you should have to apologize for being passionate in what you believe in. Every one is passionate about something. I dont feel offended by what you said. Do I 100% agree with you? no, but I dont take offense to it.
Besides it is not like you were screaming form the roof tops that others are horrible mothers and killing their kids or anything

#3 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:10 PM

very cool Dana

You already know, I have had issues with how you come across sometimes. I personally don't have issues with any of your beliefs because you are free to have those and I respect your passion. Heck even the majority of the time, I agree with your point of view but what happens is you do come across I believe this and if you don't you are wrong. That rubs people the wrong way, even the ones that might agree with you. Perhaps if you left it at I believe this most people would not react as strongly as they do.

Not trying to change you and you are free to post whatever you want. I am just offering advice on what I have seen and how I see your posts being viewed and why I feel it might be happening.

Your message is fine your delivery needs work...lol

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:13 PM

I've never, ever found any of your posts to be offensive in any way shape or form, nor do I feel you are preachy like someone so rudely suggested. You have a strong opinion and are not afraid to stand behind it and let it be known. Do not apologize for taking a stance on a very important topic. So what if someone doesn't agree with you. Thats their problem and if they disagree or don't like it than they need not read your posts or respond to them. I find someone who does not have the courage to stand up for their beliefs far more annoying than someone who does!

*keyboard issues*

Edited by vals, 26 February 2011 - 06:14 PM.

#5 unicycle_mike

unicycle_mike

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 103 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 06:49 PM

LOL, what did you say to stir the pot now Dana. I think the main reason I joined again was to see the kind of trouble you get yourself into, hahaha. ;)

#6 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:00 PM

Thank you, Kris and Vals!!

And the rest of you can thank me for drawing unicycle back in for you!

#7 Outnumbered

Outnumbered

Hopelessly devoted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,146 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:14 PM

Ah, Dana. We know how to take you. <3

#8 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 07:15 PM

I didnt read your posts so no need to say anything to me lol

#9 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 09:47 PM

Ok so I dont exactly know what was said... but I do know how you typically post here Dana... and tho I do admit you are free and open about your thoughts and dont mince your words I dont take offence to it ever. In fact I usually laugh... you dont say things to be hurtful. As for the comment made on how you come across to others... I think that same comment could be applied to many people on here... reading text can be taken so many ways that its not in fact meant. I see many people write things on here that come off very high and mighty but they dont get called out for it. I love living in a world where not everyone shares the same views and people feel they can speak openly and express their feelings. What a boring world it would be if everyone just agreed.

#10 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:19 PM

What a boring world this would be if we all agreed with each other... If people are offended by you Dana then that is their problem. You speak your mind and how you really feel, and I think thats a great quality to have. You don't do it to be mean, or hurtful, you're just being honest. I'm the same way in life, sarcastic, honest and blunt... People have learned how to take my humor... You have no need to apologize!

#11 cbarker78

cbarker78

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 10:54 PM

Lol!!!! ((hugs))

Agree with mist of the above.... I was actively reading and iccassionallt posting along with you, and even though we agreed, I didn't see anything that could be even remotely offensive!!!

Someone(s) actually got their knickers in a knot?!?!

((hugs))

Ps thank you for changing your pic...the last one was really creeping me out :-)

((please overlook the awful spelling - darn iPhone))

#12 EmnMs

EmnMs

mmmmum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 February 2011 - 11:09 PM

maybe I missed the offensive post, I don't see a need for you to appologize. Everyone can be passionate about something, and everyone can have their own opinions.

edited because the text was duplicated 3 times!

Edited by EmnMs, 26 February 2011 - 11:09 PM.

#13 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 08:56 AM

Ps thank you for changing your pic...the last one was really creeping me out :-)

I'm still seeing the freaky cat lady? eek. hehe

#14 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:07 AM

yep so am i

#15 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 09:22 AM

yep so am i

Maybe she meant the feet?

Thanks y'all! I am passionate, but I don't mean to hurt anyone's feelings with it.

#16 EmnMs

EmnMs

mmmmum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 10:44 AM

the feet weren't freaky, they were cute. cat lady- creepy.

#17 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:02 PM

the feet weren't freaky, they were cute. cat lady- creepy.

feet are discusting!!! and cat lady is creepy even if I do chuckle every time I see it.

#18 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:43 PM

I don't like feet either, but they aren't disturbing, that cat lady very, very much IS. lol

#19 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 02:47 PM

I am SOOOO keeping it. hmmm, Maybe I'll put it as my actual siggy pic! hehe

Pussyface REALLY has signifigance though. I'm sure I'll have a new avatar after the next bookclub though! lol

#20 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:15 PM

you know what sets you apart from alot of people Dana. when you disagree with someone or something you straight out say it, you don't go and insult people with stupid emoticons aftwards and deny the insult, you don't pretend to be nice to the person but really take jabs at them every chance you get. THAT is honesty and the world could use more of it.
its the cowards that take underhanded shots and then deny them or come on here only for the purpose of taking shots at someone that should be apologizing. not you, not for being passionate about something, backing it up with resources and educating other.

#21 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:43 PM

you know what sets you apart from alot of people Dana. when you disagree with someone or something you straight out say it, you don't go and insult people with stupid emoticons aftwards and deny the insult, you don't pretend to be nice to the person but really take jabs at them every chance you get. THAT is honesty and the world could use more of it.
its the cowards that take underhanded shots and then deny them or come on here only for the purpose of taking shots at someone that should be apologizing. not you, not for being passionate about something, backing it up with resources and educating other.

AWWWWW!! Thank you so much, Lina. I really appreciate it!

#22 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 03:51 PM

soooooo well written

#23 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 February 2011 - 04:16 PM

I do agree with that! You don't ever have to wonder with you Dana, you say it like it is and you don't sugar coat. Sometimes it pisses me off, but mostly because you are usually disagreeing with me and I hate that. lol

But yeah, sometimes I get annoyed but it would be worse, IMO, if you did backhanded insults and pretended you didn't or made a habit of talking sh!t behind people's backs instead of speaking your mind. I can definitely appreciate that.