38 replies to this topic

#36 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:03 AM

My husband went on champix to stop smoking. It works well. but iam going throught hell he nit picks at every thing we been merried for 18 years and i having some bad thoughts. we have been thought verything together but this i just dont know.

My then boyfriend, now husband was very supportive of me, I warned him and my closest friends that I may not be myself for awhile. After 2 weeks of taking it (and still smoking) then 2 weeks taking it, not smoking I was completely back to MY normal self (which is a pretty bubbly person).
How long has he been on it? I am sorry that you are going through this rough time.

#37 polarbear 01-12-06

polarbear 01-12-06

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:11 AM

Champix is a type of depressant, anything that "messes" with your brain, it states on the warning, that IF you have thoughts of suicide to let your doctor know immediately.

I had a stroke 5 yrs ago tomorrow, and I still took the Champix (almost 3 yrs ago) BUT HE HAS to BE in the right frame of mind, I tried quitting when I wasn't ready, it just didnt work, you (the individual) has to WANT to QUIT, for ANYTHING to work.

ALL the best to your hubby.

#38 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 09:23 AM

*Meant to quote Momma4ever.. didn't work for some reason!*

I'm not upset at all? I wasn't only saying it for your benefit, I am also speaking to the general public who may be interested.

Edited by ~Jill~, 13 March 2011 - 09:24 AM.

#39 Momma4ever

Momma4ever

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 135 posts

Posted 13 March 2011 - 05:01 PM

Well from what others have posted here, it's seems chantix was beneficial to many. I have passed along the info to my hubby and we'll see what he and his doctor agree upon.
Thanks for all the info.