Photo

How often do you get out

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

Poll: How often do you hang/go out with your friends that have kids too (going out with no kids)

This is a public poll. Other members will be able to see which options you chose

How often do you do something with your friends that have kids too (going out with no kids)

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.
Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:10 PM

I was just wondering how often you do something with your friends that have kids too? (shopping, lunch, dinner, movie, a walk etc.)It doesn't have to be a big thing. Even having a girls night in with no kid responsability is nice sometimes. I like to get out 1 or 2 times a month with a friend (if I can). Even going to walmart etc. I count as going out lol

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:14 PM

we usually do a couples movie night at least once a month. In the summer we have a lot of backyard bbq's together but that includes the kids. My BFF and I go shopping once in a while kid free

#3 Gillian

Gillian

Mom to beautiful little Noah

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 08:18 PM

Well, I moved here in 2006 didn't know a soul... Still dont know many people at all. All my friends are back in Toronto and Niagara Region so it kinda sucks and dont really get out to much, maybe once a month with some friends here and there.. boo to me haha...

#4 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:45 PM

last time was about a year and a half ago. I don't have too many friends. My 2 best friends live in Sarnia.

#5 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Well really seen nathan has been born my DH was so nice to offer me this
one night a week on his nights off i go out for 3-4hrs
he stays home with all 4 kids
i can do what ever i want
i have goine shopping wiht gf
tupperware party
and bowling with firends

and this got me thinking
that many be there other mom out there that want to get to gether with firends
so i made a group
you can post if want some join you
or if want to brag about what you did on your night off
feel free to join it
Mom nights out FB group

Edited by sims, 04 April 2011 - 10:06 PM.

#6 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:08 PM

I think it is time for an 'I am pathetic & have no friends' playdate.

(I will say that it is usually at least once a week but 9 times out of 10 is something like going to walmart or the mall with my younger sister).

Going out with friends that have kids and leaving them home, never - none of my friends really have kids (& I am lame and don't like to drink/stay out all night dt and have to get up in the morning with a 2 yr old so I don't get out with them very often at all)

#7 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 04 April 2011 - 10:31 PM

Hardly ever do I get out with my kids their Dad is a trucker and is gone for weeks at a time and I have not family in Southwestern Ontario I Have a few friends but they all work and I have yet to find me a good sitter.

#8 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:10 AM

When I actually sit down and think about it especially now that the kids are getting older and I'm not nursing I get out a lot, more than once a week and sometimes overnight :) This being said, we have only gone out once, just the two of us overnight since DD was born almost 5 years ago and it was just recently. Date nights are a lot less frequent (maybe once a month) than just me leaving the kids with DH so I can go somewhere or do something.

#9 ~Tracy~

~Tracy~

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 984 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:13 AM

I usually go with my bff shopping in the states 3-4 times a mth. It's groceries but we do go for lunch or something while we are out. Sadly I don't get to hang out with many of my other friends very often.

#10 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:39 AM

I never get out without the kids. Last Friday was the first time in a long long time, and that was because the kids were in school. I see one other friend maybe once a week, but its with our kids and its usually hanging out at home. Date nights, lol, we haven't been on one in ions!

#11 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:48 AM

Not often, but if I wanted to I could probably get out more. Being a single mom if the kids aren't in school I have to set up childcare and its annoying. It gets expensive to even go to a friends house. By the time you add in going out somewhere I don't frequently find it worth the expense, and quite frankly I'm happy staying in, or hanging out with friends with the kids.

I go out 3-4 times in a typical year in the evenings. Last year the only time the kids were gone overnight instead of going out with friends I got a hot tub room at the Ivy Rose, hung out by myself in the hot tub, watching Dexter season 4 online lol. Let me tell you I found it to be a great night! Lol.

I think it annoys my friends to a degree, but they know me well enough to know I'm more of a homebody. I resent the idea that I should have to go out, its not like I put restrictions on what they can do. I do my best to make it out to the important things though, but it doesn't always work out.

#12 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:16 AM

Not often, but if I wanted to I could probably get out more. Being a single mom if the kids aren't in school I have to set up childcare and its annoying. It gets expensive to even go to a friends house. By the time you add in going out somewhere I don't frequently find it worth the expense, and quite frankly I'm happy staying in, or hanging out with friends with the kids.

I go out 3-4 times in a typical year in the evenings. Last year the only time the kids were gone overnight instead of going out with friends I got a hot tub room at the Ivy Rose, hung out by myself in the hot tub, watching Dexter season 4 online lol. Let me tell you I found it to be a great night! Lol.

I think it annoys my friends to a degree, but they know me well enough to know I'm more of a homebody. I resent the idea that I should have to go out, its not like I put restrictions on what they can do. I do my best to make it out to the important things though, but it doesn't always work out.

sometimes friends don't realize how hard it is to get a babysitter until they have a kid of their own :)

#13 Mom0f2

Mom0f2

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

I use to go out on playdates, when the kids were young, I had a good friend that we would go out for coffee, exercise class or just come over... shopping... few things.. she passed away last year.... .... up until she was sick, we did atleast something once a week, when the kids were in school, it was fun...

As for getting out now, we never seem to have time, I sit on a hockey board, my kids have many multiple sports, we try to get out.. but dh doesn't like bars, and that is about all our friends/family do... so... we dont' go out often..

We camp all summer.. so i'ts like getting out..

we are planning a girls weekend this summer... spring.. can't wait.... i'ts relaxing.. as our kids are older, and they take off with friends, we go listen to the bands/or DJ, dance, party it up out there.. its great... but kids are starting to get bored of it.. so not sure what will happen aftr this season!!!!

I need a vacation lol

#14 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 10:57 AM

sometimes friends don't realize how hard it is to get a babysitter until they have a kid of their own :)

Meh, now you know LOL. And you were with me when I had the traumatizing sitter experience, so you saw why I was even more freaked out about the whole sitter thing.

And, we caught a movie one of the 4 times I went out last year. We should do that once this year too :)

#15 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:20 PM

Well, I moved here in 2006 didn't know a soul... Still dont know many people at all. All my friends are back in Toronto and Niagara Region so it kinda sucks and dont really get out to much, maybe once a month with some friends here and there.. boo to me haha...

I know how you feel. I lived and graduated highschool in Edmonton, so I have not met very many women to be friends with here yet.

Well really seen nathan has been born my DH was so nice to offer me this
one night a week on his nights off i go out for 3-4hrs
he stays home with all 4 kids
i can do what ever i want
i have goine shopping wiht gf
tupperware party
and bowling with firends

and this got me thinking
that many be there other mom out there that want to get to gether with firends
so i made a group
you can post if want some join you
or if want to brag about what you did on your night off
feel free to join it
Mom nights out FB group

What a great idea Nat! I'd love to meet some new friends. I need some mommy friends who I can relate to :)

#16 kears

kears

was #36 joined in Mar. 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

I go through phases...like sometimes I seem to get out more often for shopping, movies, dinner, but other times there is a huge gap.

Recently I've been out for dinner, drinking and dancing with a really great group of women. I actually didn't know most of them until recently...but we all have a good laugh and a great time!

#17 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 01:49 PM

i rarely go out
not because i dont want to but i work 6 days a week
between that and family i really just dont have time

#18 tabbs

tabbs

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,304 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

EVERY chance I can find!!!! :)

#19 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 03:50 PM

I need to get out with a friend or friends once a week. I'm a great wife/mom if I get some "me" time in to recharge with friends so I make it a priority!

#20 Kerimama

Kerimama

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 195 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

I try to aim for once or twice a month, but that doesn't always happen. If I can't hang with a friend I'll go for a walk on my own to clear my head and de-stress.

#21 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:21 PM

EVERY chance I can find!!!! :)

this

I need to get out with a friend or friends once a week. I'm a great wife/mom if I get some "me" time in to recharge with friends so I make it a priority!

and this

I am a much better person, mom and wife when I get my me time.

#22 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

I think it is time for an 'I am pathetic & have no friends' playdate.

(I will say that it is usually at least once a week but 9 times out of 10 is something like going to walmart or the mall with my younger sister).

Going out with friends that have kids and leaving them home, never - none of my friends really have kids (& I am lame and don't like to drink/stay out all night dt and have to get up in the morning with a 2 yr old so I don't get out with them very often at all)

THIS!!!! I go out DT once or twice a year and I like it less and less each time. The friends I do have, I try to get together once a month or so. Most of the time right now my weekends are taken up with studying. I can't wait til summer to have more access to doing stuff, if plans come up.

#23 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 05:36 PM

i get out with one of my best friends reg, but her kids are teens, so she's free to do more things with me. but my mom friends that have kids the same age, i would say once a year when its our b/d's.

#24 ang691

ang691

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 434 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 07:24 PM

I think I never realized how much I missed going out and just chillin with friends. I found that I either lost most of my friendships (post first baby) or they kinda dissolved. A lot of them were still into the bar scene and seeing how I had just had a baby, it was hard for me to go out every weekend. (Plus I was nursing, so it's not like I could drink with them anways). And now, that's just not me anymore. I def. do not get out as much as I'd like to, but I'd love to get out maybe once or twice a month. I'm hoping to meet more friends and connections. :)

#25 moonlightblonde

moonlightblonde

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 749 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 09:22 PM

I think I never realized how much I missed going out and just chillin with friends. I found that I either lost most of my friendships (post first baby) or they kinda dissolved. A lot of them were still into the bar scene and seeing how I had just had a baby, it was hard for me to go out every weekend. (Plus I was nursing, so it's not like I could drink with them anways). And now, that's just not me anymore. I def. do not get out as much as I'd like to, but I'd love to get out maybe once or twice a month. I'm hoping to meet more friends and connections. :)

That is SO me, lets mommy date =P
I had dd 2 weeks before I turned 19, my birthday was on a Saturday that year and everything..ya, I was home nursing a newb.

#26 TM3

TM3

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,658 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:12 AM

well if going to walmart counts at least once a week lol and you wouldnt beleve how much fun we have lol seriously! lol late night walmart trips get me thru the week lol

#27 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 07:55 AM

we work opposite shifts, so unless i get a babysitter, But my dh was wonderful enough last week to take the whole week off and let me and my friend go on vacation :)

#28 Trass

Trass

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 141 posts

Posted 09 April 2011 - 09:10 AM

never....I don't have that many girlfriends. wish I did