29 replies to this topic

#1 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:10 PM

So Ive been taking prenatal vitamins since starting the Clomid as per the doctors advice but I find myself to get nauseated and gagging on them so last time I was in the States at Target I came across gummy chewable prenatal vitamins and picked up a bottle... theyre so good and they seem to have almost the same content in them... anyways... this morning I ran out and df has a trip to Indiana but he refuses to run into a Target and get me any... he compared it to having to buy tampons... a tad dramatic yes!!

Anyways got me thinking... what will your man not buy for you?

#2 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:14 PM

How the hell does anyone compare vitamins to tampons??? Gees!!! I have never asked dh to buy tampons cause even with an exact name and box to use to compare he would still buy the wrong thing! LOL Why bother! LOL

#3 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:20 PM

Nothing. He has gotten me anything I have needed.

#4 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:21 PM

How the hell does anyone compare vitamins to tampons??? Gees!!! I have never asked dh to buy tampons cause even with an exact name and box to use to compare he would still buy the wrong thing! LOL Why bother! LOL

thats my df! LOL... I knew asking it was going to mean pleading but seriously I dont get it either... he apparently told me last week he tried the vitamins in the cupboard and they were really good... I told him he was gonna grow boobs lmao... that may have freaked him out lol... apparently he didnt read the big word PRENATAL across the top lol

#5 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:25 PM

Dh will buy anything I need. He has even picked up Monistat for me! He got some major bonus points for that one.

#6 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:35 PM

I find it funny that he will pick up condoms/IUD prescriptions but he won't get pads... lol

#7 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

I've never asked, but I'm pretty sure he wouldn't ever buy me tampons.. or Monistat..lol

#8 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Dh will buy anything I need. He has even picked up Monistat for me! He got some major bonus points for that one.

Score!! LOL

My dh will pick up anything and everything. Of course, it usually involves a phone call from the aisle and a muffled "wings or no wings?" ;)

#9 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:44 PM

Dh has even bought lube at the grocery store for me....funny thing was he figured while he was there he'd get some fruit for the kids lunches- told him to pick up some grapes and bananas.

The grapes were an abominable price so he ended up going to the checkout with lube and bananas.....the young checkout girl slowly backed up a step and checked him through the line in record time!!!!

#10 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:52 PM

My s/o is good for that. He even knows the boxes by colour (flow) and has actually asked if I needed the green or yellow before...lol... Once upon a time it may have been embarrassing for a man to by a woman related product, the same as it would have been taboo for a woman to be seen purchasing condoms, but times have changed. I always laugh when I see woman try to hide the fact that they are buying tampons :)

#11 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 07:55 PM

My dh will buy anything that I ask him to. He's very good that way. Does your df not realize these are for the baby that you are planning on having together?

#12 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:43 PM

My dh will buy anything that I ask him to. He's very good that way. Does your df not realize these are for the baby that you are planning on having together?

LOL... oh he realizes... which I think is the problem... prenatal means pregnancy... pregnancy means birth...birth means vagina LOL... I know his thought process... he would NEVER consider buying anything people may look him over for... He once asked me to buy him a playboy because it had an interview with a band he really wanted to read but was too embarrassed to ever buy it himself.

#13 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 08:56 PM

BAHAHAHA! He's so funny!

Ryan won't buy me tampons or Monistat. Well, I've never REALLY needed him to, but when asked if he would, he said no. LOL!

He has NO problem buying condoms tho ;)

#14 Ali

Ali

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:26 PM

My dh, this is going back quite a few years ago, went to buy me some Insteads. There were none left on the shelf so he went and asked a lady if they had any in the back. She went and looked and they did but they were no longer going to sell the product so she asked him if he wanted to take all 12 boxes for $5.00. He said he would take 6 of them for that price and then she offered him $4.00 a box if he took all 12. He said ok. So yep, my dh not only goes to pick up things like that for me he also bargains for them and comes home with bags full of them for me. lol :) Nothing embarrasses him.

#15 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:31 PM

I've never had to ask him as I usually stock up stateside, but I just asked him and he replied with a casual "yeah'. I'm so impressed!

#16 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 09:40 PM

mine will buy anything i ask him to. he doesn't get embarrassed

#17 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

What are insteads?

#18 Ali

Ali

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 12 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

What are insteads?

http://www.softcup.c...nt/what-softcup

#19 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:57 AM

A few years ago dh would not go and get maxi pads, condoms etc. However, over the past few years he has grown up a bit, and now he'll go out on a maxi pad run for me.

#20 Kiana

Kiana

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 692 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 06:20 AM

What are insteads?

ah ok

#21 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 07:59 AM

Dh has even bought lube at the grocery store for me....funny thing was he figured while he was there he'd get some fruit for the kids lunches- told him to pick up some grapes and bananas.

The grapes were an abominable price so he ended up going to the checkout with lube and bananas.....the young checkout girl slowly backed up a step and checked him through the line in record time!!!!

OMG--thanks for the laugh!

#22 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:12 AM

What are insteads?

You should get this. Its the same concept, but reusable. I LOVE my Divacup. Its saved me tons of money, waste and its easy once you get used to it. www.divacup.com

#23 Ali

Ali

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 344 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 11:52 AM

What are insteads?

You should get this. Its the same concept, but reusable. I LOVE my Divacup. Its saved me tons of money, waste and its easy once you get used to it. www.divacup.com

I do now, this was years ago. Although I do prefer Insteads but they are expensive and harder to find so I mostly use the Diva cup now.

#24 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 01:06 PM

I buy pretty much anything.

#25 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

prenatal are icky? lol weird way guys think.
My dh is not shy at all he will buy me anything. since he works at the grocery store he ends up buying my tampons for me majority of the time. I think though that scine that is his department it doesnt bother him lol

#26 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:00 PM

mine too. I asked him to get me pads yesterday not only did he but he got the right absorbancy even! LOL

#27 ShannonC

ShannonC

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:24 PM

mine too. I asked him to get me pads yesterday not only did he but he got the right absorbancy even! LOL

Yeah, same here. He's never expressed any kind of awkwardness about such things.

#28 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 05:32 PM

What are insteads?

Sorry to hijack, but my sister has one of these and finds it leaks sometimes? Do you find this? She basically always wears a pantyliner just in case, and at this point I'm thinking.. what's the point, might as well just wear a pad or tampon while you're at it!

Let me know!!

#29 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:22 PM

Sorry to hijack, but my sister has one of these and finds it leaks sometimes? Do you find this? She basically always wears a pantyliner just in case, and at this point I'm thinking.. what's the point, might as well just wear a pad or tampon while you're at it!
Let me know!!

Doesn't leak for me. There are 2 sizes. Perhaps she is wearing the wrong size. Everybody's body is different.

#30 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

Huh.. maybe! How do you know which size you need?? She's never had kids.. is that a factor in size choice?