#4 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 05:54 PM

:tissue :tissue :tissue
Now what will i do at 1pm. I have been watching this show from the start when it was black and white tv and the show was half hour.
So sad to see it go :(

Edited by Lilacmom, 14 April 2011 - 05:54 PM.

#5 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:29 PM

my mom just told me she is mad she watches both of them

#6 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

I used to watch All My Children must have been 25 years ago lol.. Did Susan Lucci ever win her emmy?

#7 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:01 PM

I used to watch All My Children must have been 25 years ago lol.. Did Susan Lucci ever win her emmy?

yes she did and she got a standing ovation for it
it may have been just a pity one LOL

#8 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:12 PM

What will they put in that time slot instead??

#9 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Hell I was probably watching it before Jen Uh Fur was even born! LOL
Glad to hear she got the ovation! and the long over due Emmy!
I always liked AMC and Another World.,

I remember when Kelly Ripa first appeared on AMC, oh and I had a big crush on Tad when I was like 17..

#10 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:18 PM

Hell I was probably watching it before Jen Uh Fur was even born! LOL
Glad to hear she got the ovation! and the long over due Emmy!
I always liked AMC and Another World.,

I remember when Kelly Ripa first appeared on AMC, oh and I had a big crush on Tad when I was like 17..

ya tad was a cutie not now though LOL

#11 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:38 PM

Wow. I can't believe that. My mil will be pissed

#12 bcnap

bcnap

if the 3rd doesnt kill you it makes you stronger

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 769 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

didnt everybody die at least twice already???lol

#13 Kindermom

Kindermom

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 09:14 PM

What will they put in that time slot instead??

I heard on the radio tonight something about a cooking show and a show on healthy living...can't remember the names though.

#14 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:05 AM

I use to watch these two shows!! I remember back in the day I was half day kindergarten and I would come home and watch soaps with my mom. hehe

#15 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:33 AM

:good Am I the only one who is happy? :unsure :embarassed

:bolt

#16 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:35 AM

Ok, i just watched the Gayle King show. Susan Lucci was on and she said AMC is not cancelled. She said it's a rumor not coming from ABC and she has been given a script that goes into next year. She has heard this rumor and claims it's not true. I hope she's right :)

#17 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:41 AM

Nope you aren't!! Now if they would just get rid of General Hospital and YnR and any other soap..

#18 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 11:47 AM

Nope you aren't!! Now if they would just get rid of General Hospital and YnR and any other soap..

SHUT YOUR MOUTH!! I love me my GH!

#19 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 12:30 PM

Ok, i just watched the Gayle King show. Susan Lucci was on and she said AMC is not cancelled. She said it's a rumor not coming from ABC and she has been given a script that goes into next year. She has heard this rumor and claims it's not true. I hope she's right :)

I just found this:

After an incredible 41 seasons on the daytime soap opera All My Children, Susan Lucci will be saying goodbye like the rest of the cast when the show ends in September.

The actress said in a statement:

"It's been a fantastic journey. I've loved playing Erica Kane and working with [show creator] Agnes Nixon and all the incredible people involved with All My Children. I'm looking forward to all kinds of new and exciting opportunities."

It sounds like she is coping and already gearing up to find new projects to work on, but the actress was still initially saddened, tweeting:

"It saddens me that All My Children is canceled. I've loved playing Erica Kane and working with Agnes Nixon & the incredible people at AMC."

#20 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

I just found this:

After an incredible 41 seasons on the daytime soap opera All My Children, Susan Lucci will be saying goodbye like the rest of the cast when the show ends in September.

"It's been a fantastic journey. I've loved playing Erica Kane and working with [show creator] Agnes Nixon and all the incredible people involved with All My Children. I'm looking forward to all kinds of new and exciting opportunities."

It sounds like she is coping and already gearing up to find new projects to work on, but the actress was still initially saddened, tweeting:

"It saddens me that All My Children is canceled. I've loved playing Erica Kane and working with Agnes Nixon & the incredible people at AMC."

Ok i don't understand why Susan would say that on Gayle's show today. This is so confusing. Did anyone else see this show today? I'm going to look and see if i can find the replay of this show online :(

Edited ...i found the link...this is what i heard. The web link is slow loading with a commercial first.

http://www.oprah.com...sses-the-Rumors

Edited by Lilacmom, 15 April 2011 - 01:09 PM.

#21 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

I just found this:

Ok i don't understand why Susan would say that on Gayle's show today. This is so confusing. Did anyone else see this show today? I'm going to look and see if i can find the replay of this show online :(

Was that show a rerun?

#22 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 01:11 PM

I just found this:

Was that show a rerun?

No rerun, its a daily new show...i put the link on post #20

#23 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:14 PM

Looks like that episode is a repeat. I just found the same video on youtube dated March 30, 2011.

Also, check google. Many sites have quotes directly from ABC. The shows are OFFICIALLY done.

I just don't think there is as much of a market for soaps these days. More women are working than there used to be and the stories have been done over and over again for decades. I actually used to watch Days of Our Lives off and on over the years. As "bad" as it was, the others all paled in comparison. Time to move on to other things.

Edit: Now I can say it is 100% official: http://abc.go.com/site/abcdaytimenews

Edited by Cowboy From Hell, 15 April 2011 - 03:17 PM.

#24 LoveMyKids2

LoveMyKids2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 03:56 PM

My mother is going to be beside herself! She loves both of those soaps! lol, maybe I should call her!

#25 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:14 PM

Looks like that episode is a repeat. I just found the same video on youtube dated March 30, 2011.

Also, check google. Many sites have quotes directly from ABC. The shows are OFFICIALLY done.

I just don't think there is as much of a market for soaps these days. More women are working than there used to be and the stories have been done over and over again for decades. I actually used to watch Days of Our Lives off and on over the years. As "bad" as it was, the others all paled in comparison. Time to move on to other things.

Edit: Now I can say it is 100% official: http://abc.go.com/site/abcdaytimenews

Thank-you for that info. Looks like its definite. So sad to see it go :(

#26 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 04:55 PM

If GH goes off the air I will be in serious mourning- these people are like family!!!!!!!!

#27 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 05:12 PM

If GH goes off the air I will be in serious mourning- these people are like family!!!!!!!!

I've watched that show fairly regularly since I was in grade school. Me, my mom and my nanny, it's our bonding thing.

#28 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 08:03 PM

If you type on goggle "petition for all my children", you'll get a website to ABC and you can add your name and a comment to ABC.

#29 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 15 April 2011 - 09:38 PM

If you type on goggle "petition for all my children", you'll get a website to ABC and you can add your name and a comment to ABC.

i doubt that will change their mind
ratings are the factor

#30 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:06 AM

i had watched AMC and OLTL since I was about 13 years old. My mom was a follower since AMC started. However, over the last 5 years I've lost interest in both. I've entirely stopped watching AMC and have only watched OLTL when I caught the glimpse of an interesting story line while watching GH. I still love General Hospital and I fear for its survival now that AMC and OLTL are on the chopping block!

GH provides a different type of storyline and has kept me interested where AMC and OLTL have fallen flat.

#31 Drea

Drea

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

The only one I ever watched was Y&R for about 3 years when I was in college - then my life began and it was way more interesting, but alas, with much less drama. :)

Seriously, who has time to watch TV in the middle of the day? I'm thrilled to sit at 9:00pm and watch tv shows by DVD or Netflix because I can't commit to any specific night of the week for any show. I know my hubby claims I sit at home all day eating bonbons and watching the soaps, but that's just him thinking he's clever.

#32 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:52 AM

The only one I ever watched was Y&R for about 3 years when I was in college - then my life began and it was way more interesting, but alas, with much less drama. :)

Seriously, who has time to watch TV in the middle of the day? I'm thrilled to sit at 9:00pm and watch tv shows by DVD or Netflix because I can't commit to any specific night of the week for any show. I know my hubby claims I sit at home all day eating bonbons and watching the soaps, but that's just him thinking he's clever.

Well, I know for ME, I just ignore and neglect my kids all day so I can watch my soapies. NO ONE gets in the way of my soaps! ;)

#33 Drea

Drea

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 07:57 AM

I ignore and neglect my kids all the time, but not for soaps.