6 replies to this topic

#1 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 07:11 PM

another post got me thinking she said the kids are never ready till it's time to leave the house so I was wondering:
How long do you give the kids to get up and dressed in the am? does it take the whole time? Do you find it gets better or worse as they get older?

#2 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 06:21 AM

I am up at 630. I get myself ready, lay out kids clothes and make ds's lunch. I get the kids up at 7 and we are out the door at 740. It is a perfect amount of time, we never have to rush

#3 Drea

Drea

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:18 AM

I wake at 5:00, go to the gym, back by 6:30. Nibble at breakfast while reading the news, etc., and wake my kids up at 7:00. Most of them get their own breakfast and get dressed on their own, so I help the preschoolers and get the lunches made while they do that. On a perfect day, they even help unload/load the dishwasher and tidy the kitchen table, but that's only about 1/2 the time. They leave for school at 8:00 and by then all 6 are dressed, fed, brushed and ready to go. Then I start trying to come up with ways to avoid the housework and laundry.
anyone want to go to the early years centre?
:)

#4 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

lol... ok so we start at 7:30, some mornings are great!! like today. till it was time to leave.

so anyways, get up, he can either get dressed right away or eat breakfast then get dressed, if he's ready by 8:15am he can finish watchin a show. if not, then its get ready for school, shoes coat etc.

some mornings are yell yell yell, and the only prob i had today was shoes coat out the door. lol.

mondays seem to be our best days.

#5 nainai0510

nainai0510

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:24 AM

Monday/Tuesday/Every other Friday - Up at 7am and get S's (5 yrs old) breakfast ready then wake up S. Wake up W (7 mths) and let him play in the livingroom. S chooses his clothes, gets dressed and begins eating breakfast. I jump in and out of the shower. Brush everyones teeth, nurse and change W, make S's lunch, and out the door by 8:10. Usually I have 10-15 mins of extra time before we leave.

All other days - If a play date, outing, or errand isn't schedule everyone sleeps in until 7:30-8:30am (I've gotten a few 9:30 sleep in days :) ). The day is usually a relax/pj/undies day with a few chores thrown in.

#6 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

another post got me thinking she said the kids are never ready till it's time to leave the house so I was wondering:
How long do you give the kids to get up and dressed in the am? does it take the whole time? Do you find it gets better or worse as they get older?

Is it bad that I don't know? DH does the morning routine - all I know for sure is when I'm ready to leave, the kids are dressed and lunches are made. I don't do mornings and he's up making his lunch and getting dressed for work anyway.

#7 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 12:19 PM

Is it bad that I don't know? DH does the morning routine - all I know for sure is when I'm ready to leave, the kids are dressed and lunches are made. I don't do mornings and he's up making his lunch and getting dressed for work anyway.

is it bad that I hate you right now? LOL!

I thought I was lucky that they did most of it themselves while i got to shower but you definatly win!!