5 replies to this topic

#1 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 04:45 PM

both my boys had huge melt downs today. ds #2 in the morning and after everyone got home, and then with ds1, wow what a melt down with him....

dh talked to him and he said some kids is bullying him on the bus....

his book from school was terrible. I'm so emotional right now, from lots of different stuff, and more so from being preg, right... i broke down when i read his book.

I feel so defeated, frustrated.... with all the help we're getting him, it doesn't seem like enough or the right ones..... when he comes home day after day with being in the red all the time.

maybe its just because of the change happening here, with the new baby.

I was at mom and tots this morning, and another lady came in, with her new addition, her 3rd daughter. she was asked how its going, if she's got the routine down, how the kids are taking it.....

none of her answers were good, and i know i'm not that family, but it doesn't make for much encouragement.

If it wasn't for my dh tonight I don't know what I'd do.... he's been great!

#2 zerodog

zerodog

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 187 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 05:40 PM

We're there now, minus the new baby part. Lots of hugs and encouragement for your oldest son. Make sure you tell him, "I love you, and I know you're trying your hardest. Being a kid is NOT easy, and I understand how you feel."
Also, ask him how you can help. You may be surprised by his answers.

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 09:01 PM

it could be the new baby coming. Maybe he has some worries about things changing. Some kids just dont do well wih change and need more time for adjustment than others

#4 EmnMs

EmnMs

mmmmum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 19 April 2011 - 10:18 PM

don't stress over adding a 3rd child to the family- everyone will adjust I promise. your little man's behaviour as school could very well be because of the idea of another baby coming into the home, but it may not- it's a tough situation and I hope your little guy figures it all out and copes well. Ds#1 was having issues surrounding the bus and his so called " best friend" back in the fall. They no longer sit together, or heck, even really talk much- and it's like he's a new child.

good luck mama, don't feel defeated, just stick to it :)

#5 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 20 April 2011 - 05:31 PM

behaviour changes take time it won't happen over night. Even Nanny 911 takes a few months ;)

#6 LovingMommyof3

LovingMommyof3

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 21 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

yesturday was like a whole other family! lol, both boys were great. even at school.