58 replies to this topic

#36 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 11:27 AM

I canNOT stand how James talks though. He irritates the crap out of me!

oh me either. its like nails on a chalkboard.

#37 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 05:18 PM

I just watched that episode and it made me so sad. I get every woman has the right to choose what they want to do with their own bodies, but i just don't feel comfortable with this decision. "Myself" personally, could not go through with it. I don't know if i could handle adoption either, but if i had to choose between the two, adoption would be my choice.

Edited to add; James does drive me nuts, and i would of slapped him across the face if he referred to our baby as "it"

#38 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 23 April 2011 - 06:20 PM

I also do not feel like I could pick abortion, but I do think that the show was good. More people need to see this sort of stuff, to see that it's so difficult and complicated.

I don't feel like they are dumb for getting pregnant again. It could happen to everyone, and after seeing that episode I really think they are pretty responsible and mature for teenagers..

#39 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 09:30 PM

Damn you people!!! I had to watch the show because you where all discussing it and it sparked my interest. I have to say I usually hate reality tv, but I was actually pretty impressed. I think that they did a great job of showing the difficulties and stress that comes from having a baby, especially at such a young age and how it affects everyone, including their families. I hope teenage girls (and boys) watch this and realize that having a baby is not easy and definitely not a fad or something trendy. Its life changing, you are forced to give up a lot and your entire life takes a totally different direction than all your friends.

#40 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:50 AM

Anyone watch it last nite?

I am torn about it. I felt bad for the dude the whole episode. Her parents would not cut him even an ounce of slack. They were really hard on him and eventually, he snapped. But the WAY he snapped was unacceptable. But I did understand. I feel bad for all those kids. Jennifer's parents were a-holes to the kid!

#41 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:37 AM

he pissed me off when he took off in the car with the kids and than picked up the girl with a fricken c section. He seems to have anger issues and I wouldnt trust that around the babies. Yeah her parents were aholes but think he didnt help too much in that

#42 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:49 AM

wonder if hear he was a buser befor hand
and try to tell the girl but she want to hear it

i felt bad to but then he true colors came out i think
hopefuly she will stay far away from him
and get it paper IF he can see his kids
i wondser if she going to try to change the name

#43 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:27 AM

I think that it was just a bad situation all around --

The parents were very hard on him (treated him like the whole thing was his fault).
Plus, it was probably twice as stressful having TWO babies instead of one, and after a C-section.
And the girl & her boyfriend (forget the names?) were of course very immature, so they
couldn't handle it when things became more stressful.

His actions were unacceptable, but I can understand how stressed he was feeling.

They need a counsellor/mediator, so that they can arrange how the father can be
involved in the babies lives, in a healthy way.

This was the first time I have seen this show, too, and it was very interesting!

#44 Lina

Lina

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 745 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:30 AM

im thinking that it was not his first time being abusive to her.

#45 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:53 AM

i have to say this was the first i have watched of this season. Previously (maybe teen mom) people were angry when the camera men didn't stop amber from hitting gary.... NOT that I agreed with that (or disagreed) but last night i felt it went a bit too far.I didn't fear for the babies safety - (besides that he was driving like a idiot) but i did think it went too far with her - they babies were what a week or 2 old and he got physical with her - That should never happen to anyone - but especially not to someone who just had major abdominal surgery. I feel like it just got out of control fast.

I didn't watch the whole episode- missed maybe the first 15 minutes- so what i caught was him being a douche EVERY time her parents were around. When mom called and she was in the car with him - he just kept being annoying- saying she was being disrespectful...
so now i am wondering what will happen with this couple-

#46 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:58 AM

Her parents drove me batty.
They were complete ****s to Josh.
But the way he acted out was COMPLETELY unacceptable.

#47 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

Her parents were really over the top with him. But I also think he wasn't doing himself any favors by talking to her parents that way. When her mom went to them in the hospital room and was talking about the clean slate, I thought she was being genuine.

But he seemed shady to me from the very beginning. He just totally gave off that not right vibe.

And the cameramen do not care about anything but their shots. I remember the episode of Teen Mom where they let Sophia fall off the bed when Farrah went into the other room(when she was on the phone). While I get it was her fault for walking away, I think they could have stopped her from falling.

#48 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:51 PM

The twin episode last night just infuriated me! Her parents where completely out of line IMO and acting like absolute A-holes! That boy snapped under the pressure - having to deal with twins and a family that hated him and wanted him to have no part of those childrens lives, blaming him for the entire situation - thats enough to make even the most stable of people lose it. He seemed like he was really trying and really wanted to be a part of his children's lives, but her parents just fed her immaturity and it resulted in them getting what they wanted and that boy being made to look like the bad guy. Some parents are just so out in left field its scary!

#49 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:49 PM

I don't think he snapped under the pressure. He showed plenty of signs of being no good, IMO. I very, very highly doubt this is the first fight like this that has gone down between those two.

#50 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:55 PM

According to Jennifer's facebook, he was not arrested for kidnapping, he was arrested for hitting her in the car.(MTV did not air that scene). I don't see that as suddenly snapping.

#51 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:46 PM

No, and in his attitude you could totally see big warning signs. She needs to be away from that guy, no good could come of it. I think the parents had good reason to want him away from him.

#52 kears

kears

was #36 joined in Mar. 2003

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 01:53 PM

Realized I have this on demand with Cogeco. Totally not what I was expecting. I cry for these girls. I've only watched a few episodes, but you can clearly see that these teen moms had no idea what they were in for.

This would be more likely to prevent teen pregnancy than glorify it. Thank goodness up til now the parents of the teen mom have always been responisble and involved, otherwise some of these situations would be dire!

#53 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 02:41 PM

6 & Pregnant - AGAIN! Guess Which MTV Star's Knocked Up With Baby #2? That would be … 16 & Pregnant Season 3 star Jordan Ward!
Jordan's sister has confirmed that Jordan and her hubby, Brian, are expecting a little girl in November. She got pregnant in March, around the same time MTV filmed the season's reunion special. However, the pregnancy was kept hush-hush and won't be revealed with the special airs.

Edited by Jen.Uh.Fur, 20 May 2011 - 02:41 PM.

#54 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:39 PM

6 & Pregnant - AGAIN! Guess Which MTV Star's Knocked Up With Baby #2? That would be 16 & Pregnant Season 3 star Jordan Ward!
Jordan's sister has confirmed that Jordan and her hubby, Brian, are expecting a little girl in November. She got pregnant in March, around the same time MTV filmed the season's reunion special. However, the pregnancy was kept hush-hush and won't be revealed with the special airs.

I read that, but I can't remember who she is??

#55 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

She was the twin.

#56 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 06:03 PM

i guess he got the alone time he wanted with her LOL

#57 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Oh no.. Seriously, some people really never learn!!

#58 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 08:46 PM

i read about Jordan yesterday.
They're married, he's enlisted & they seem happy.
Sure it isn't going to be easy to be a military wife & mom of two at 18, but i think they can make it.

now, i wish july would hurry the eff up. I want to see some Bint-lee, Ty & Catelynn.

#59 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 05:43 PM

I know what it's like to be young with two kids.. I wasn't even that young either, and I can tell you, saying it's not going to be easy is an understatement!

I hope they can make it, but honestly, I hold very little hope at all.