43 replies to this topic

#36 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 05:46 PM

I don't even think their are trolls and bullies here, really! I think some people are far too sensitive though (myself at times, for sure) and take things personally when they are really not meant to be!

Also, internet leaves a looooooot of room for interpretation, and that's where things can get sticky. People perceive something you say to mean something it doesn't or vice versa.

I can say I feel I do know who certain people are talking about when they post certain things. But do I really? No..not really. Just a feeling based on my interpretation of things.

I think admin and mods do a great job around here..considering the riff raff they have to work with!! :tongue

#37 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:12 PM

I don't even think their are trolls and bullies here, really! I think some people are far too sensitive though (myself at times, for sure) and take things personally when they are really not meant to be!

Also, internet leaves a looooooot of room for interpretation, and that's where things can get sticky. People perceive something you say to mean something it doesn't or vice versa.

I can say I feel I do know who certain people are talking about when they post certain things. But do I really? No..not really. Just a feeling based on my interpretation of things.

I think admin and mods do a great job around here..considering the riff raff they have to work with!! :tongue

Good post

#38 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:06 PM

I've been around long enough that I have learned people's personalities now. :) But I do hope someone new would see the joking and sarcasm there. I was referring to the more controversial topics as listed above because sometimes even people who hold the same opinion get upset with one another.

#39 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:28 AM

99% of the time - especially on this forum, it isn't about being a troll and/or a net bully. It is about someone taking things personally when they shouldn't and/or they are upset when a disagreement doesn't go their way. This doesn't just happen on this forum, but it seems to happen more often (per post) on this forum. Some people are way too sensitive and get extremely butt hurt when things don't go as they planned. Honestly, I question the timing of this thread and feel that it is the direct result of what I just said. For someone who accuses others of stirring the pot, it appears that this topic was made to do exactly that.

#40 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:14 PM

WOW!!! Conceited much!!!! This was topic was in no way directed at any one person. It was a re-post from another forum that was a little funny and in some ways true, but nothing more (maybe poorly timed, but didn't think about that until just now). If anyone thinks it may or may not have been directed at them then there are obviously some niblets of guilt lying there. Sheeesh!!!

#41 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 12:57 PM

WOW!!! Conceited much!!!! This was topic was in no way directed at any one person. It was a re-post from another forum that was a little funny and in some ways true, but nothing more (maybe poorly timed, but didn't think about that until just now). If anyone thinks it may or may not have been directed at them then there are obviously some niblets of guilt lying there. Sheeesh!!!

Actually, I didn't even give this some thought until it was mentioned to me by someone else (otherwise I would have mentioned it yesterday). It has nothing to do with the fact that I was in some of the threads that you took a hissy fit in. I don't see how it has anything to do with being conceited.

You did accuse me of stirring the pot though. Did you honestly think a thread like this was not going to do the same? What value does it possibly serve? Honestly, outside of one or two people, I haven't seen any trolls on this site. And bullying is fairly minimal compared to other boards.

#42 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:23 PM

How does this topic stir the pot? Its not exactly controversial or offensive to anyone (or at least I don't see it that way)? This forum is tame as compared to others, but that does not mean that some people, especially newcomers who are not familiar with online forums might feel bullied, especially when discussing more taboo topics. Sheesh, if I thought people where going to get their knickers in a twist over it I would have never posted it!

#43 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:52 PM

Yes...the whole team does a great job!

#44 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:55 PM

jenny posted April 28 @ 01:52 PM

~

Jill~, on 27 April 2011 - 05:46 PM, said:
I think admin and mods do a great job around here..considering the riff raff they have to work with!!

Yes...the whole team does a great job!

Agreed! Some forums are just a mess and the mods seem to little if nothing at all, this one is well maintained :