78 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:03 AM

On election day lets really think about who we are voting for. Is this really the man you want running your country? haha

Posted Image

#2 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:45 AM

LOL its a camera, not an assult riffle.

#3 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:01 AM

ya, i'm really not getting it either.

trust him? absolutely.

#4 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:05 AM

LOL its a camera, not an assult riffle.

This! Lol

He looks like a dork, if that's what you're getting at, but I don't think that alone makes him untrustworthy.

#5 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:07 AM

yes i do want him running the country at least he knows what he is doing not like the other 2

#6 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

I'm not a PC fan normally, but I don't get the reference. I think he's done a decent job with the country and that picture simply makes him look human, dorky, but human :p

#7 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:13 AM

Yeah, I don't really understand the purpose of this post either?

To me it shows he has a sense of humour, that's all!

And I'm definitely voting Conservative! Hoping for a majority this time around!

#8 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:19 AM

I find dorky sexy,and he is a beatles fan...so he already got my vote before I cared about the issues.

he is well educated,intelligent,his wife makes him babysit the kids so she can go out...and he isnt an elitist like some other candidates...**cough**

GO CONSERVATIVES!!tee hee

#9 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:21 AM

I'll take him over Iggy ANY day!!

#10 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:24 AM

not too mention the other one who only wants to bankrupt the country

#11 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:32 AM

i'd take a piece of toast over Iggy any day :hysterical

i agree with Lisa, i find him human and refreshing! Iggy is a smug, arsehole and i find it HIGHLY amusing that after what he said to Jack in the debate about the NDP never winning an election, they're wiping the floor with the Fiberals...they're on track to do the worst in their parties history!

i'm not an NDP or Layton fan, i find him to be very used car salesmanesque and highly hypocritical. this is not even taking into account or touching the fact we could NEVER afford their ideas or policies.

Edited by It'sMe, 27 April 2011 - 08:43 AM.

#12 Attached Amber

Attached Amber

My Babies are Attached

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,797 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:40 AM

I think the point is that he is pretending to look through the flash, not the viewfinder.

#13 single_mom

single_mom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:41 AM

Is the point of the picture not that he's looking through the camera wrong? or am I wrong? lol

#14 one_vice

one_vice

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:56 AM

Heh, that's pretty funny. I wouldn't use that photo as a reason to distrust Harper (there are plenty of legitimate reasons not to trust politicians), but it's still pretty funny.

#15 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:08 AM

I actually may vote this year. Just to keep Harper in. The other two major candidates shouldn't be anywhere near the leadership position. I don't think we've had it bad since Harper has been PM.

I don't really get this post either - even if he is looking at the camera wrong. If this is all that can be dug up on the man, it's definitely petty.

#16 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:32 AM

It was a joke, if you guys don't see the humor of not being able to even aim a camera properly but RUN a whole country, it's funny!!

I wont vote for Harper, especially not after the last huge dishonesty, but this was meant to be a joke, pure and simple. I am shocked more people don't see the humor, but I guess that's my bad? My sense of humor apparently doesn't jive with most here! lol

There is A LOT of actually pretty bad stuff that can be dug up on the man, I can do that if you really want me to!

#17 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

who cares if he cannot aim a camera
that really has no bearing on leading a country so i really dont see the humour
as to his ability to lead the country its been proven and he is doing a good job

#18 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:39 AM

I think the point is that he is pretending to look through the flash, not the viewfinder.

Ohhhh... LOL! Duh! :nana

#19 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:50 AM

as to his ability to lead the country its been proven and he is doing a good job

IT WAS A JOKE!!! You can't have any fun, or just not about politics?

He doesn't do a good job, he doesn't CARE about any of us!!! I am on the search, I will show my side. haha

#20 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:55 AM

IT WAS A JOKE!!! You can't have any fun, or just not about politics?

He doesn't do a good job, he doesn't CARE about any of us!!! I am on the search, I will show my side. haha

i already know your side jill and seriously your candidate cannot do any better in fact he would bankrupt this country

#21 lyndz

lyndz

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:56 AM

I'm with Jill, I thought it was pretty funny!!...some people are way to serious.

#22 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:01 AM

Do you even know who I am voting for this election? Because I'm actually not sure!! Maybe you are clairvoyant or something!! Clearly a lot of people do think NDP is a decent choice as their numbers are SKY rocketing right now! That being said, I haven't ruled out voting for another party just yet. I'm still deciding. I will likely vote NDP, but it will really depend, I'm still researching and watching what's going down.

Here's something good to watch/read, if you appreciate your rights, especially as a woman!!

It's long, but give it a chance. Harper doesn't give two sh!ts about you, let alone human rights or environmental concerns. When he feels he lacks control he just calls prorogue and kicks everyone out as well as ALL their ideas off the table because he can. He's sneaky, dirty and uncaring of the people and the effect that he has on everyone.

I really think people aren't opening their eyes in a lot of cases. He hasn't even done half the crap I hear people saying he has, and we are no better off as a country (some would argue we are worse) than we were before Harper. Socially, if he had his way.. we'd be WAYYYY worse off.

#23 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:13 AM

But one of your local NDP MPs voted against the bail out AND the DRIC. That's concerning to me!!! These both directly affect our area.

#24 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:15 AM

those kinds of things have no bearing on my decision of who i am voting for
as you can look through the internet all day long and find tons of garbage on ALL of the leaders

#25 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:18 AM

I haven't decided because there are some concerns with NDP as well. I will definitely be voting something other than conservative in the upcoming elections, but I am still as I sit here now, undecided.

I know in reality it's going to be Harper with Minority gov. BUT, how big the minority is really, really matters. I want my vote to matter. Unless of course Harper decides to prorogue another couple times and basically spit on what we call a democracy!!

The only thing I absolutely do not want to see if a Harper majority. Which, I cannot see happening. Too many people, especially our youth, are starting to dig into things and see more clearly.

#26 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:19 AM

Human rights have no bearing on who you vote for?? Your rights, the rights of your children, of your neighbors, or woman, of homosexuals? These things do not factor into your decision on whom to vote for?

I am utterly shocked by that statement, actually!

#27 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

1. you have to remember where a large amount of that "information" in that video is coming from. biased, left leaning media who couldn't be more opposed to a Conservative government. I lived through G20, my dh worked in the thick of it and it was nothing like it was played out to be in the media.

2. the NDP support is sky rocketing due to the ineptitude of the Liberal party. so much for the "anything but Harper" campaign (not that i'm disapointed LOL), the vote on the left is now split.

#28 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

Human rights have no bearing on who you vote for?? Your rights, the rights of your children, of your neighbors, or woman, of homosexuals? These things do not factor into your decision on whom to vote for?

I am utterly shocked by that statement, actually!

actually i never watched the video
i have got a virus from you tube before so i do not go on anymore
i meant attack ads you did this and you didnt do that kind of things when i made that statement not regarding the video

#29 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:25 AM

1. you have to remember where a large amount of that "information" in that video is coming from. biased, left leaning media who couldn't be more opposed to a Conservative government.

exactly the point i was trying to make
which is why i dont bother with that crap

#30 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:28 AM

It's bias, but it's true. hehe

It's not so much an attack ad, as much as just simply headlines and exerts and organizations that have had their funding cut because of the Harper gov, or who are negatively affected, or show that he isn't quite so fiscally conservative when it comes to what he is interested in dumping millions or billions into.

But how much money was put into G20? How much waste? And I do believe that G20 involved some pretty crazy stuff..

#31 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:29 AM

1. you have to remember where a large amount of that "information" in that video is coming from. biased, left leaning media who couldn't be more opposed to a Conservative government.

But there is truth to every story, right? Maybe not in it's entirety, or maybe it doesn't play out exactly like they would have you believe, but there is truth. It's not plucked out of the sky!

#32 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:39 AM

It's bias, but it's true. hehe

It's not so much an attack ad, as much as just simply headlines and exerts and organizations that have had their funding cut because of the Harper gov, or who are negatively affected, or show that he isn't quite so fiscally conservative when it comes to what he is interested in dumping millions or billions into.

But how much money was put into G20? How much waste? And I do believe that G20 involved some pretty crazy stuff..

that would be like me telling you to go read the politics section of the Toronto Sun and asking you to believe everything it had to say about the Ndp & Lib's. it is notoriously right leaning, it will obviously write its articles with bias.

the G20 was a huge expense and i am the first to admit that. we were hosting world leaders, trying to show case our country and our biggest expense was security which very well proved to be necessary.

#33 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:42 AM

But there is truth to every story, right? Maybe not in it's entirety, or maybe it doesn't play out exactly like they would have you believe, but there is truth. It's not plucked out of the sky!

some are completely un-true like the Lib's attack ad on Harper where they "quoted" Harper as saying he wanted to scrap the Canada Health Act, which they had to go back and correct because he had never said that.

funny how the Conservatives use actual footage of Iggy putting his foot in his mouth whereas the Fib's...i mean Lib's use ficticious "quotes" LOL

#34 Mom0f2

Mom0f2

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:44 AM

I haven't decided whom I am voting for yet, but I know one that I am not lol

#35 one_vice

one_vice

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:55 AM

some are completely un-true like the Lib's attack ad on Harper where they "quoted" Harper as saying he wanted to scrap the Canada Health Act, which they had to go back and correct because he had never said that.

funny how the Conservatives use actual footage of Iggy putting his foot in his mouth whereas the Fib's...i mean Lib's use ficticious "quotes" LOL

Yes, because the Conservatives have never posted false or misleading political ads. They are the last bastions of integrity, class, and truth. Thank you for showing me the light and for making me realize that I need to vote for a party whose social policies I find deplorable, simply because their political ads have always been squeaky clean!