Photo

The Royal Wedding

• Please log in to reply
65 replies to this topic

Poll: The Royal Wedding

Will you watch it?

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If you are watching it, will you:

You cannot see the results of the poll until you have voted. Please login and cast your vote to see the results of this poll.

If you are watching it live will you:

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:13 AM

Just curious. :)

#2 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:25 AM

Id rather get my beauty sleep instead. lol. But if it were on saturday morning instead then I mightve gotten up to watch it. I will catch the videos afterwards.

#3 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:33 AM

i wont be watching it
i watched diana's wedding and would be curious if it is exactly the same but other than that i am not really interested in the royal family at all

#4 Lilacmom

Lilacmom

M2M member from the start

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,204 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:49 AM

I'm just randomly watching it. I'll catch the highlights on the news.

#5 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:21 AM

I will not be watching it, and honestly I'm sick of hearing about it.

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:22 AM

I didn't care up until this weekend when I watched a special out of boredom. Now, I'm actually totally hooked! I wont be waking up early to watch it, but my DVR is set and I will be watching it on Friday morning at some time. I'm really excited to see how it turns out!

#7 one_vice

one_vice

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:24 AM

I don't really care about the royal family, but I am a sucker for weddings so I will probably just watch the highlights.

#8 PookersMom

PookersMom

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:37 AM

watching it from the moment it starts...can't wait! I can still vividly remember watching Diana and Charles wedding wishing I was one of the flower girls....wouldn't miss this wedding for anything! :D

#9 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:32 PM

I'll just watch the highlights that will be on EVERY FREAKING STATION! lol

#10 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 12:43 PM

One of the stations is rebroadcasting at 9pm that night.-- nmaybe Global?? not sure

#11 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:00 PM

I am up that early anyway so I will catch what I can. I love weddings!

#12 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 01:58 PM

I'm getting up to watch it with a champagne breakfast :) I lived in England when Charles and Diana where married and can still remember the celebrations - amazing time for a county that was just coming out of a recession. My Nan passed away in the fall and I know she would have loved to see this wedding, so I'm celebrating it for her :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

#13 Karen

Karen

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:08 PM

I will get up early to watch... not likely 4am but probably 6. I am a bit of a "Royals geek"..I remember getting up early with my grandma to watch when Prince Andrew got married.

Edited by Karen, 27 April 2011 - 03:32 PM.

#14 jenny

jenny

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,498 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:59 PM

I will watch it starting at 6. I don't feel a need to get up at 4 to watch hmmm say guests arriving. LOL. I am so happy for them. They look very happy together. :)

#15 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:03 PM

I care so much that I do not even know who's getting married. It's funny, I hear all this crap about the Royal Wedding, but never really the names being mentioned.

#16 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:06 PM

I'm curious, but not curious enough to wake up that early. I will catch the highlights later on.

#17 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:27 PM

I don't get enough sleep as it is so I definitely will NOT wake up at that ungodly hour to watch. I'm going to tune into the repeats that will be on afterwards though.

Edited by Claudia, 27 April 2011 - 04:27 PM.

#18 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:33 PM

Nope, don't really care about it.

#19 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 04:47 PM

I'm getting up to watch it with a champagne breakfast :) I lived in England when Charles and Diana where married and can still remember the celebrations - amazing time for a county that was just coming out of a recession. My Nan passed away in the fall and I know she would have loved to see this wedding, so I'm celebrating it for her :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

thanks for sharing your pic
there so cute
HUGS for your nana passing to, i unstand why you would want to see it for sure

#20 DoubleD

DoubleD

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

The DVR is set, but if I feel obliged I will get up at 6am. We'll see!

#21 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 08:42 PM

I care so much that I do not even know who's getting married. It's funny, I hear all this crap about the Royal Wedding, but never really the names being mentioned.

Are you FOR REAL ???!?????

#22 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:35 PM

dont really care about it. I will catch highlights on the news since it will be plastered everywhere

#23 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:42 PM

In comparison to Memorex? Lol

#24 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:47 PM

I don't get enough sleep as it is so I definitely will NOT wake up at that ungodly hour to watch. I'm going to tune into the repeats that will be on afterwards though.

This! Only I'll be recording it on DVR and watching it whenever I have time.

#25 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:57 PM

WILLS AND KATE?!?!?! Come on now!!

I have no kids with me during the day, so I will definitely be watching it later in the morning or something. I see no need to wake up that early when I work so late. It will be live for me! :)

#26 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 06:49 AM

It's not like the wedding stuff is plastered on TSN. So unless he watches or listens to main stream stations, he wouldn't know. I highly doubt 97.1FM is talking about the Royal Wedding when playoffs are on.

#27 lissada

lissada

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:07 AM

I will so be watching!!

#28 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:26 AM

It's not like the wedding stuff is plastered on TSN. So unless he watches or listens to main stream stations, he wouldn't know. I highly doubt 97.1FM is talking about the Royal Wedding when playoffs are on.

it might not be on those 2 stations but its everywhere else
newspapers magazines etc even canada post has been hyping it to promote their royal wedding products

#29 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:53 AM

Yes. I seriously do not care about the Royal Family enough to know who is getting married. What is so hard to understand that? We are past the era of Monarchies, so what's the big deal? All I hear about is "Royal Wedding", but the names are never mentioned - at least not by the time I turn it off/tune it out. The funny thing is, I even watched a bit of a program on CBC last night while I was in bed, that was about covering the Royal Family. They still made no mention of this upcoming wedding before I turned it off.

#30 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:55 AM

They have been actually, but they have never mentioned the names while I have been listening. It's so strange.

#31 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:00 AM

it might not be on those 2 stations but its everywhere else
newspapers magazines etc even canada post has been hyping it to promote their royal wedding products

I don't read any newspapers. I don't subscribe/read any magazines. I don't go to the Canada Post website unless I am tracking a package or looking for info on mailing something. Pretty much any piece of advertising material I get in the mail goes right into recycling unless it is something I am interested in. I generally watch/read entertainment programs, sites, etc. I've seen commercials here and there, I've read some discussions online, and I've heard about it on the radio. Not once have I seen the names mentioned. It's always just "Royal Wedding". The funny thing is, I've heard more about the Queen, Diana, and Fergie. In fact, that's mostly what they were talking about on that CBC program last night.

So who the f*** is actually getting married?

#32 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:10 AM

I generally watch/read entertainment programs, sites, etc. I've seen commercials here and there, I've read some discussions online, and I've heard about it on the radio. Not once have I seen the names mentioned. It's always just "Royal Wedding". The funny thing is, I've heard more about the Queen, Diana, and Fergie. In fact, that's mostly what they were talking about on that CBC program last night.

they are all on the entertainment sites so i am surprised you dont know the names lol
its prince william(the oldest son of charles and diana) and kate middleton

#33 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 01:04 PM

I generally watch/read entertainment programs, sites, etc. I've seen commercials here and there, I've read some discussions online, and I've heard about it on the radio. Not once have I seen the names mentioned. It's always just "Royal Wedding". The funny thing is, I've heard more about the Queen, Diana, and Fergie. In fact, that's mostly what they were talking about on that CBC program last night.

they are all on the entertainment sites so i am surprised you dont know the names lol
its prince william(the oldest son of charles and diana) and kate middleton

What entertainment sites? I mostly visit gaming sites and occasionally sports sites. They may be mentioned on there somewhere, but not in plain site. I wasn't talking about crap like ET and the like. I don't care too much about celebrity gossip. By entertainment I meant things like sports, fictional TV shows, games, movies, etc.

I did see Jill mention Will and Kate earlier, but I wasn't 100% sure she was talking about the Royal couple.

#34 DoubleD

DoubleD

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:37 PM

Here's a picture of them, in case you wanted to see them. LOL

Posted Image

Edited by DoubleD, 28 April 2011 - 05:39 PM.

#35 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:41 PM

Aw, congrats!!! LOL