29 replies to this topic

#1 Alphabet_Soup

Alphabet_Soup

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 706 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 03:20 PM

What team are you cheering for this playoff season?

#2 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 09:59 PM

Well, a few of mine are gone tonight. We are Leafs fans, so we didn't have anyone really in the first place, but growing up in a french household meant Montreal all the way. Unfortunetly they lost today. I also like Pittsburgh, but they are out too.

Sooo... I will be going to Vancouver because they are a really great team that has had a great season, and as a bonus they are the sole Canadian team left standing.

As a second..ugh.. Nashville or Tampa Bay? lol I don't like any team that is left. Anybody but Detroit or Boston, if possible.

#3 Mom0f2

Mom0f2

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 558 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:05 PM

Wings....

if they are out any Canadian Team left ..lol

Some good hockey most 7 games...

Spitfires are done.. so much for that...

#4 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 10:44 PM

WINGS FAN ALL THE WAY!!!!!

Posted Image

#5 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 11:24 PM

Habs :(

They didn't lose by much, there was no lay down and die. Its weird, both teams had off periods at the same time through the series. Like Saturday, out of 5 periods both teams actually only played in the 3rd and double OT. Weird series.

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 07:11 AM

I was so sad about the Habs.. they lost basically every time they were in overtime? It was very frustrating! At least 3 games lost that way this series.

Pittsburgh out too, first series. Crazy! I didn't mind seeing Chicago go, but Stanley cup defenders out first round? These are crazy playoffs so far!

#7 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:48 AM

No such thing as a Canadian team in the NHL. I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't Detroit. And I don't like Vancouver because of the Sedins (don't like the way they play hockey) and Luongo. So, no Vancouver. Montreal is gone, so that is one less team I have to worry about winning. And I'd prefer that Philly doesn't win. Honestly, I'd love to see a team like Nashville win the Cup - but it's not likely to happen.

#8 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 09:51 AM

Why would you have to worry about Montreal winning? Would it be so bad? Lol

#9 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:03 AM

Yes, because I would have to put up with the loud mouth fans. Now they are shut up for another season. Detroit and Montreal fans are the worse - at least in this area. So damn arrogant and disrespectful.

#10 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

Yes, because I would have to put up with the loud mouth fans. Now they are shut up for another season. Detroit and Montreal fans are the worse - at least in this area. So damn arrogant and disrespectful.

Hey, not all of us riot whether we win or lose lol. I've never taken it to the streets.

#11 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 10:06 AM

I was roothing for the Habs...
on another note- ohl- spits did do well. remember back to the beginning of the season where they said they were write offs- terrible team. They did well-- OS was a tough team- and at the end- i think they kind of gave up.
so now at this point i could care less who wins- nhl and ohl.

#12 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 02:08 PM

I've been to three parades for Detroit and it was a lot of fun. Nice to see everyone come out and celebrate their team winning and while there are A LOT of bandwagon fans (not uncommon with every playoff season) who head to the streets to make a scene, there are a lot who are legitimate, long term fans who have every right to be excited when they win, so long as they are not fighting or destroying the city :) It would be great to see Toronto win a cup again, I can only imagine the festivities that would occur if that happened!

#13 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 28 April 2011 - 05:47 PM

Vancouver deserves it with the season they have had!!

I don't know anything about at all about Nashville and little about Tampa. I just KNOW if Detroit wins I will cry a little inside. I cannot stand when Detroit wins and everything starts being about that on the radio and crap.. I hate it. They suck. hehe They may not really suck, but I dislike this team greatly.

I would LOVE to see Toronto win some day.. In MY lifetime. :biggrin I think they have taken steps in the right direction, and hope to see them in the playoffs next season. I think it could happen.

#14 newagemum1

newagemum1

2 hands working can do more than 1000 clasped in prayer

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 01:17 PM

No such thing as a Canadian team in the NHL. I really don't care who wins as long as it isn't Detroit. And I don't like Vancouver because of the Sedins (don't like the way they play hockey) and Luongo. So, no Vancouver. Montreal is gone, so that is one less team I have to worry about winning. And I'd prefer that Philly doesn't win. Honestly, I'd love to see a team like Nashville win the Cup - but it's not likely to happen.

WTF are you talking about? No such thing as a Canadian team. No they arent ALl anadians on the team, same as the american teams whtever, they are still CANADIAN. THAT SAID GO WINGS GO WOOT WOOT!

#15 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 06:27 PM

WTF are you talking about? No such thing as a Canadian team. No they arent ALl anadians on the team, same as the american teams whtever, they are still CANADIAN.
THAT SAID GO WINGS GO WOOT WOOT!

This is not an international competition league. It is a professional league with teams based in certain cities. They do not represent countries. You do not see Americans cheering for any "American" team that is left. It is also not like the CFL where the Canadian based teams have to have a requirement of Canadian born players. The Stanley Cup travels all over, going to the hometowns of the players on the winning team. Therefore, it is quite possible that an American based team winning the Cup might actually result in the Cup being in Canada more than if a Canadian based team won.

Honestly, why would someone on the East coast of Canada care if Vancouver won? I'm speaking in general terms. Isn't it more logical to cheer for a team that is closer to you (again, generally speaking)? In some cases, that results in an American based team. Furthermore, a lot of people end up following the careers of players who grew up in their town (or near it) and/or played junior hockey in their town. Again, this leads to cheering for a lot of American based teams.

So tell me, what makes these teams Canadian? Canadian based, yes, but Canadian, no. All of these teams belong to the NHL. At any time, upon league approval, they can be relocated - all without the consent of any one Canadian citizen.

And yeah, worst troll ever because I am NOT a troll. Way to state the obvious, genius.

#16 newagemum1

newagemum1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:04 PM

With an IQ of 146 yes puts me in the genius category I suppose! It's f***ing hockey dude. Relax, enjoy the game, people that know the game know the politics of it and still enjoy cheering for Canadian teams or teams that they live close to or teams that are from their city of birth what-the-f***-ever.

you post this shit all over your facebook about how much you love getting this place going! So perhaps, you're a good one, only with me I enjoy pissing you off just as much but I digress. You try to explain things to me (esp about hockey, come on I was raised in an arena), like I'm a child when you just come off sounding like a pseudo-intellect. Just shut it and watch the play offs and have a few beers, maybe even get laid after, gawd knows it sounds like you need it.

#17 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:30 PM

With an IQ of 146 yes puts me in the genius category I suppose! It's f***ing hockey dude. Relax, enjoy the game, people that know the game know the politics of it and still enjoy cheering for Canadian teams or teams that they live close to or teams that are from their city of birth what-the-f***-ever.

you post this shit all over your facebook about how much you love getting this place going! So perhaps, you're a good one, only with me I enjoy pissing you off just as much but I digress. You try to explain things to me (esp about hockey, come on I was raised in an arena), like I'm a child when you just come off sounding like a pseudo-intellect. Just shut it and watch the play offs and have a few beers, maybe even get laid after, gawd knows it sounds like you need it.

I posted one little comment about the Canadian team thing and you were the one who flipped on it. I just explained myself after your rant. Who's the one who needs to chill?

As far as facebook goes, I have not posted about m2m in quite some time. Not sure where you got that information from. In fact, anything directly related to m2m was at least 2-3 years ago.

It's nice you enjoy pissing me off, but honestly, no one has really pissed me off on here in a long time. In fact, the last time I was probably really pissed off was when I had my big "war" with one of the former owners.

The funny thing is, I explain myself and still get accused of trolling. But do you ever come back with a counter argument? Very rarely. In fact, as everyone can see in this post, you just came in here and flung some insults and made baseless accusations. You talk of pseudo-intellect...perhaps you should review your post before using a term like that.

The reality is, I can actually explain the sport of hockey. You keep claiming to truly understand the game, but do you ever prove it? No. The same damned thing happened last year when everyone was shitting on Brodeur's performance.

If you can't provide counter-arguments, then perhaps you're better off not replying - especially if you are just going to insult. Sorry to say it, but it quickly becomes obvious who the real troll is.

#18 newagemum1

newagemum1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 07:49 PM

Uh, posted in entertainment...debates is thattaway-------------->

You like to argue, I don't have to counter argue anything, just root for your team and stop analyzing everything. It's annoying.

You understand hockey.......yay for you!!!! I can still strap on my skates and play (figureskate too). If you'd like me to prove it,I'm coming down this summer. Perhaps we can rent the ice and play a little pick up? As for sounding or not sounding like an intellectual, don't care right now. It's game night and I'm 2 beers in.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

#19 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:31 PM

Wow! A lot can happen in a few hours!

I personally like to go for Canadian teams. There are MUCH less Canadian teams than there are American, so it makes a lot more sense for me to root for whichever Canadian team is left, than for an American to do the same. For me it's also been since childhood and there has always been loyalty to a few specific teams. The same goes for baseball!

To me they are a Canadian team because they play in Canada, they represent their Canadian city. As for all the technicalities, those really don't matter to me.

#20 newagemum1

newagemum1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 08:52 PM

Yes but Jill it doesnt matter because DETROIT IS GOING ALL THE WAY (I hope lol)

#21 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:00 PM

Damn well better not!!

#22 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 09:03 PM

This thread is currently under review by mods and admin for reported personal attacks.
It will stay open while under review, but please stay on topic and avoid all personal attack.

#23 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 10:53 PM

Uh, posted in entertainment...debates is thattaway-------------->

You like to argue, I don't have to counter argue anything, just root for your team and stop analyzing everything. It's annoying.

You understand hockey.......yay for you!!!! I can still strap on my skates and play (figureskate too). If you'd like me to prove it,I'm coming down this summer. Perhaps we can rent the ice and play a little pick up? As for sounding or not sounding like an intellectual, don't care right now. It's game night and I'm 2 beers in.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!

Funny, I don't recall really starting a debate. I make one comment and of course it's you who comes in and jumps all over it. You act like an ass and then blame it all on me. Typical. Why don't you drink your f***ing beers and stay off the damn messageboard.

#24 newagemum1

newagemum1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:40 PM

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEASY. GO WINGS GO!!!!!!

#25 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 April 2011 - 11:57 PM

What's that smell? Smells like karma to me.

#26 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:32 AM

Ok SJ, only 3 more wins to go. :tongue

#27 Drea

Drea

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 07:44 AM

Is hockey still on?

#28 newagemum1

newagemum1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 30 April 2011 - 09:21 PM

What's that smell? Smells like karma to me.

Come on Tim, you're smarter than to say something like karma. There is no karma just coincidence. Believe me if I believed I could control the Wings winning I would bite my tongue when it came to you but alas I did not.

As an aside they both played an outstanding game. I was shocked at the speed in which SJ played in the neutral zone, threw Detroit right off their game. Still an awesome game. Hopefully the games will be like that for the entire series. I love Euro style hockey and thats what it was. Can't WAIT for tomorrow.

ETA: I am ignoring your post Jill lol.

Edited by newagemum1, 30 April 2011 - 09:22 PM.

#29 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:03 PM

hehe.. so I wont make any comments about today's game then.

#30 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:30 AM

I don't believe in karma. However, for those that do, there is some damning evidence here. You must have really pissed off the hockey gods with your drunken posts. Keep them coming. I'd love to see Detroit swept right out of the playoffs.