6 replies to this topic

#1 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:45 AM

do you find that most of your friends are other SAHMs? Do you think it's possible to be really good friends with a working mom because they are so busy? Do you feel sad when someone you've become good friends with goes back to work after maternity leave?

#2 Claudia

Claudia

M2M Member Since 2004

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:29 AM

I don't have many friends... just 2 really, but I rarely see them because they have full-time jobs and a few kids each. My best friend is one of them, and although I love her we really don't get to spend much time together because she's always busy. I wish I had more friends who were sahm like me!!

#3 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:33 AM

when my bff was on mat leave we did a lot more together. We still do stuff but with her at work and me in school we dont have much time to do stuff.

#4 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:04 AM

Most of my friends work, and half of them are childless, and half of the other half just started having kids.

I love friends that work lol. They have less expectations about you being available all the time. the friends that I have we go for long period without seeing eachother, but when we do talk or meet up its like we didn't spend any time apart.

Inspite of me predominately being a sahm for most of the time I've been a mom sahm friends usually drive me bonkers. Just because I'm home doesn't mean I'm looking to be entertained.

I'm a happy hermit, the more time people have available the more time they want you to fill it, it seems. I'm not that social lol.

#5 Ellivort

Ellivort

Proud Mommy of a Princess

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:58 AM

do you find that most of your friends are other SAHMs? Do you think it's possible to be really good friends with a working mom because they are so busy? Do you feel sad when someone you've become good friends with goes back to work after maternity leave?

I find the opposite right now. The friends i get to see most are other work out of the home moms. I love my SAHM mom friends and miss them dearly and all the fun times I miss out on. I do think its possible to for anyone to be friends, it just gets more complicated when schedules are opposite. Work out of the home moms generally have the most free time on the weekends whereas most SAHM have weekends for family time generally since that is when DH or DP is home. Makes it trickier but not impossible!

#6 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:09 PM

Most of my friends work, and half of them are childless, and half of the other half just started having kids.

I love friends that work lol. They have less expectations about you being available all the time. the friends that I have we go for long period without seeing eachother, but when we do talk or meet up its like we didn't spend any time apart.

Inspite of me predominately being a sahm for most of the time I've been a mom sahm friends usually drive me bonkers. Just because I'm home doesn't mean I'm looking to be entertained.

I'm a happy hermit, the more time people have available the more time they want you to fill it, it seems. I'm not that social lol.

what a thought provoking responce. :)

#7 Ginger333

Ginger333

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 08:35 PM

I have a good mix of both I think ... I won't lie, I'm counting down the days until my BFF is back on mat leave LOL

I think I spend more time with my SAHM friends in person, and more time on the phone or MSN with my working friends.