45 replies to this topic

#36 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:50 PM

ETA - I'm more worried about the general voting population who are voting FOR Harper - someone who has "run" this country like a dictator, and seems to have been one slight step away from criminal!! Hello - contempt of parliament, anyone?! Does that really mean nothing to you?! A 'lesser' court finds you to be in contempt, you either pay a fine, or spend a few nights in JAIL!!

I'm not sure how that hasn't been more of an issue?

Edited by Supermel, 02 May 2011 - 12:52 PM.

#37 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:59 PM

You're assuming he used the services of a rub and tug while anything that has been printed shows he thought it was legit. The police informed him that there were other activities going on there as well and it was not in his best interest to go there. How much taxpayer money was used for this? How much for the Toronto fiasco? Kennedy was a manwhore president, but served his country well. So I don't care. Now if he went and raped a woman, that would be different. Pretty sad the other parties have to dig up dirt from years ago so that people can speculate that something happened. Nobody has been able to show that he actually participated or knew what was going on. Nice try though.

Your man Layton having lived in a city knew the difference between the two. He left his gym (which have RMT clinics inside them) to pedal his ass over to a rub an tug. There are MASSIVE differences between reputable places and a whore house. Like the employees at a rub and tug aren't even certified by the province. They don't have the skills that would better help his muscles rather than his dick. RMT's do not strip down or change into lingerie to massage people. He knew exactly what he was doing.

Don't even say his wife. Do you really think for a second that she would embarrass herself and admit her husband cheated on her with whores?

Where there is smoke there is fire. And he will see Canada burn.

yep, he went to an area of the city which Torontonians know are NOTORIOUS for rub & tugs. it was in the paper yesterday that one of our current city councillors stated that the one Jack had been found at had been in question for years.

for someone who has a $20,000 weekly "travel budget" to make long 3 hr trek back to T.O. to "visit constituents" one has to wonder who exactly he is visiting on our public coin.

i'll take a fake lake & huge security budget for the g8/g20 over that kind of bs any day, thanks.

.... for what it's worth... this "supposedly" happened 15 years ago when he was still a city councillor... he was never charged, or even ticketed..... the only time his name came up in connection with this was in one officer's notes, supposedly to the side...... The story I got was that the "illegal" activities were in a back room from the main (& reputable) part of the establishment...

are the Con-croony's so worried about the Orange Wave they have to dig up such old garbage?!?! Had this occurred more recently then yes, let it be an issue.... but from that long ago - who cares!!

ETA - I'm more worried about the general voting population who are voting FOR Harper - someone who has "run" this country like a dictator, and seems to have been one slight step away from criminal!! Hello - contempt of parliament, anyone?! Does that really mean nothing to you?! A 'lesser' court finds you to be in contempt, you either pay a fine, or spend a few nights in JAIL!!
But go ahead and keep drinking the blue kool-aid!!

As of yet no one knows who triggered the release. If you've been paying any attention you are aware of the liberals calling for closer scruitiny of the NDP.

It could be from the conservatives, the liberals, or just someone who isn't big on politics and is tired of Layton. Or someone who is sickened of Jaytons pandering to Quebec.

Unlikely, but Layton himself could have set it up to make it look like he's been victimized.

#38 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 01:00 PM

I was against a minority government at first..but the more you think of it the better it is.....it prevents one government from running rampant and doing a bunch of stuff that will piss everyone off and then the next election the next party has to try and undo what they did...or lets them cause even more damage.

A minority government forces the parties to work together, we are a large country that has different issues from one side to the next and working together is the only way we will get anywhere.

the problem though is it does not force them to work together they force and election
i would have no problem with a minority government if the election date would stay the same and they had to work together for the 4 or 5 yrs
we do not need to have an election every couple of years it such a waste of time and money

#39 Drea

Drea

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:05 PM

What's Harper's travel budget? I'm sure there is one, and I'm sure it ain't cheap. Harper does the one time thing that cost far more over the long run! But he tries to cover it up, so it's ok then.

I can't wait until this whole thing is over, this all seems so flipping trivial to me now. All the arguments are amounting to nothing. We shall see how Canada votes.. Anything to keep Harper gov. from having majority, absolutely ANYTHING.

This was quite enlightening as to what members earn/budgets/expenses, etc. I only looked up Layton, Chow, Harper, Watson, Ignatief and the Windsor MP's, but I found it amazing that Mr. Layton and Ms. Chow both spend way more than any of the others, including the Prime Minister. Not sure why, didn't want to read too much into it, but it was interesting.

#40 Drea

Drea

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 77 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:11 PM

I was against a minority government at first..but the more you think of it the better it is.....it prevents one government from running rampant and doing a bunch of stuff that will piss everyone off and then the next election the next party has to try and undo what they did...or lets them cause even more damage.

A minority government forces the parties to work together, we are a large country that has different issues from one side to the next and working together is the only way we will get anywhere.

the problem though is it does not force them to work together they force and election
i would have no problem with a minority government if the election date would stay the same and they had to work together for the 4 or 5 yrs
we do not need to have an election every couple of years it such a waste of time and money

That I can agree with - 100%, regardless of which gov't - that set up alone would provide some accountability!

#41 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:26 PM

What's Harper's travel budget? I'm sure there is one, and I'm sure it ain't cheap. Harper does the one time thing that cost far more over the long run! But he tries to cover it up, so it's ok then.

I can't wait until this whole thing is over, this all seems so flipping trivial to me now. All the arguments are amounting to nothing. We shall see how Canada votes.. Anything to keep Harper gov. from having majority, absolutely ANYTHING.

This was quite enlightening as to what members earn/budgets/expenses, etc. I only looked up Layton, Chow, Harper, Watson, Ignatief and the Windsor MP's, but I found it amazing that Mr. Layton and Ms. Chow both spend way more than any of the others, including the Prime Minister. Not sure why, didn't want to read too much into it, but it was interesting.

thank you, my point exactly :)

$20,000/week for a 3hr trip back to Toronto sure buys a lot of "happy endings". hey, if someone wants to get a rub & tug, go right ahead. but please, don't feed me this bs garbage about being all for womens rights, fighting for the downtrodden & use the public purse to do it.

re: conservatives being found in contempt of parliament....the committee is CONTROLLED by the NDP, Libs & the Bloc. please don't even try to dance around the fact this election wasn't pulled so they could try and assume power.

i'll keep drinking that blue kool aid, it's better than choking on the orange crush :)

Edited by It'sMe, 02 May 2011 - 02:26 PM.

#42 Aimster

Aimster

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 02:42 PM

Voted :)

#43 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:15 PM

Just voted :)

#44 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:41 PM

Oh whatever, most of the money from the summit went to "wine and dine" so called important people..it didn't even go the the security portion. Harper is absolutely NO better, in fact, IMO, with the social aspect, he is much worse.

BUT again, Canada will speak and we will have no choice but to listen. It's not like Layton can get in there and automatically makes all his wishes reality. He doesn't get to just run the show, it's still the same democracy. THANK GOD for that, because Harper would ruin this country if he could, IMO. From a social perspective, we would have nothing if it were up to him.. that is just my opinion.

#45 LyndaSoo41

LyndaSoo41

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 119 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:41 PM

personally i dont think using the services of a hooker imported for sexual services is even comparable to someone building a fake lake.amazing how people can just go MEH about something that clearly violates the platform of the party they represent..
layton cares enough about women to let them wax his pole i guess

Worked for Clinton - he was AWESOME!

#46 It'sMe

It'sMe

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:47 PM

ctv just called a conservative win :) goody goody gum drops!