40 replies to this topic

#1 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:50 PM

I'm sitting here waiting for the presidential address to confirm it. This has been a long time coming.

#2 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

I was just coming to post this! It's about time!

#3 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:54 PM

I am watching it too.

#4 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 09:57 PM

Crazy stuff! President s taking forever tho!

#5 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:09 PM

Crazy stuff! President s taking forever tho!

Yes, and I really want to go to bed!

#6 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:14 PM

yep..waiting here too.cnns stream isnt working too well,so switched to cbc..
i want to go to bed,but want to hear what he has to say

#7 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:17 PM

I know he was an a$$hole but my first thought was for his family. His children. And they have to see how the world is glad their father is dead. That makes me sad.

#8 scrappy survivor

scrappy survivor

4 stars survivor mama

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 798 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:18 PM

DING DONG THE WITCH IS DEAD THE WICKED WITCH IS DEAD!!!!!

Gotta say I am THRILLED about this one! For all those people from 9/11 this is VINDICATION!!!!

It will send a clear message that if you mess with the US they will NEVER give up they will in the end track you down and take you down. I suspect that they will have hightened security for the next bit as well.

#9 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:26 PM

I cannot believe that it's already on Wikipedia (with a disclaimer of course). Ugh, I want to go to bed too!

#10 Danielle

Danielle

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,897 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

I know he was an a$$hole but my first thought was for his family. His children. And they have to see how the world is glad their father is dead. That makes me sad.

You know me, I'm a total idealist; however, I have no sympathy here except for the victims of 9/11 and all the soldiers that have lost their lives searching for him.

I don't believe in revenge for revenge's sake. He may be more harmful dead than alive in hiding.

Edited by Danielle, 01 May 2011 - 10:52 PM.

#11 justsamma

justsamma

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:59 PM

Unfortunately, him being dead is not going to stop terrorism or his followers from retaliating.
I would be more excited if I knew this was going to put a major dent in the terrorist organisations.
I'd be even more thrilled to receive confirmation that this whole war on terrorism is done & the troops can come home, giving them their lives back & save the country trillions of dollars.

#12 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 01 May 2011 - 11:39 PM

CNN conformed it.

I thought it was some sort of joke when I first heard it earlier, just didn't seem real.

Have you seen some of the photos and videos of people celebrating???

I think what should concern everyone one now is how his followers will seek revenge.

The partying and celebration is like throwing fuel on the fire.

Sadly the fight does not end with his death.

#13 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:02 AM

You know me, I'm a total idealist; however, I have no sympathy here except for the victims of 9/11 and all the soldiers that have lost their lives searching for him.

I don't believe in revenge for revenge's sake. He may be more harmful dead than alive in hiding.

This was actually the first thing that came to mind, was now what kind of retaliation will we see?

#14 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:32 AM

Wow, I went to bed early and heard nothing about this. This is genuine? What was the proof?

#15 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:41 AM

Wow, I went to bed early and heard nothing about this. This is genuine? What was the proof?

The did multiple DNA tests against his sister's brain.

#16 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 06:49 AM

Pics or it didn't happen. Seems convenient that they quickly buried him at sea. Hmmm...

Also, it seems that this announcement has come right around the same time as the whole Obama birth certificate scandal, Obama's approval rating is at an all time low, and support for the war on terror is low as well.

I'm the type of person that needs proof.

#17 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:14 AM

See I don't think this is vindication for anything! One man's life is payment for thousands?

I'm glad he personally will not live to hurt another person, and I sincerely hope this is the end of him.

#18 Tired Mom

Tired Mom

Joined September 2006

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:19 AM

Obviously I'm no expert here, but wouldn't that only show the material provided for testing was related to her? I don't know, you would think it would have to be matched to a prior sample of HIS DNA to prove a match?

#19 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:24 AM

I just wish that this would mean that all the troops out there could come home. Too many people have died. Though I doubt that will happen.
Just becuase he is dead does not mean that it is the end. I agree with Dana about the celebrating for some reason it doesn't sit well with me. The whole if you mess with us you will get it meantality is what fuels conflict. I hate war and wish we lived in an ideal world where everyone respected each other. I know crazy dreams

#20 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 07:29 AM

His family and his children I'm sure knew what 'career' choice he had made in life. And if they supported that - them I feel only sad for his children who would not have had a choice be born to a terrorist father.

He led his life based upon principals that killing thousands of people was simply ok. War & terrorism are not pretty but in this case, the death penalty is justifiably served. I dont blame people for celebrating.

#21 amandae

amandae

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:12 AM

Pics or it didn't happen. Seems convenient that they quickly buried him at sea. Hmmm...

Also, it seems that this announcement has come right around the same time as the whole Obama birth certificate scandal, Obama's approval rating is at an all time low, and support for the war on terror is low as well.

THIS EXACTLY!!!!!!!! Its too bad they didn't get him alive, like they did Saddam. It would definatly be easier to believe.

#22 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

Unfortunately, him being dead is not going to stop terrorism or his followers from retaliating.

exactly
there are many more just like him waiting in the wings

#23 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:29 AM

THIS EXACTLY!!!!!!!! Its too bad they didn't get him alive, like they did Saddam. It would definatly be easier to believe.

Yes, I would be much more inclined to believe it if there was some sort of tangible proof. I'm sorry, but I don't trust the government to tell the truth, anymore than I trust CNN.

#24 joeyjoey

joeyjoey

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:40 AM

I'm not one who is into conspiracy theories, but when I heard that they had already buried his body 'at sea', my first thought was that people are going to be very skeptical.

Why would they do that? It just seems very odd to me. OF COURSE people are going to want proof! And if it really did happen, why wouldn't the U.S. government be eager to prove it to everyone?

Hmm...

seems strange.

#25 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

Obviously I'm no expert here, but wouldn't that only show the material provided for testing was related to her? I don't know, you would think it would have to be matched to a prior sample of HIS DNA to prove a match?

I think they can tell, but I agree that I think they'd still have to test against his own DNA for a perfect match. I think the fact that the description is right and the DNA is a match, is proof enough for the announcement.

Edited by ~Jill~, 02 May 2011 - 08:45 AM.

#26 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:44 AM

I feel badly for his children as they didn't have a choice as to who they were born to. They were raised in a way of life that we have no CLUE about. I imagine they loved their father just as much as my children love me. I feel sorry for a child who loses their parent, no matter WHO that parent is.

I don't blame people for being relieved that it's over and he's dead. But I feel sorry for any kid who loses a parent they love. I just think it's going to be overkill, the press coverage of people celebrating someone's dead father.

#27 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:49 AM

I'm not one who is into conspiracy theories, but when I heard that they had already buried his body 'at sea', my first thought was that people are going to be very skeptical.

Why would they do that? It just seems very odd to me. OF COURSE people are going to want proof! And if it really did happen, why wouldn't the U.S. government be eager to prove it to everyone?

Hmm...

seems strange.

I think it may be a muslim tradition to bury the body after 24 hrs? I think they took their pics, did dna etc and then handed over his body to his family? I dont know lol.

Im also trying not to think about a conspiracy theory but its hard not too. I want to see proof also! Its to hard to beleive and Im sure this isnt the end.. His posse is gonna come back for revenge!

#28 Sam

Sam

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

I feel badly for his children as they didn't have a choice as to who they were born to. They were raised in a way of life that we have no CLUE about. I imagine they loved their father just as much as my children love me. I feel sorry for a child who loses their parent, no matter WHO that parent is.

I don't blame people for being relieved that it's over and he's dead. But I feel sorry for any kid who loses a parent they love. I just think it's going to be overkill, the press coverage of people celebrating someone's dead father.

but do you feel bad for any of his 17 wives?

#29 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

but do you feel bad for any of his 17 wives?

I feel sorry for anyone who loses a loved one. But I don't pity them like I pity the children. The women had a choice. Not a great one, but a choice anyway.

#30 ShannonC

ShannonC

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:07 AM

Hmm...

seems strange.

I think it may be a muslim tradition to bury the body after 24 hrs? I think they took their pics, did dna etc and then handed over his body to his family? I dont know lol.

Yeah - from ABC news:

`A senior administration official tells my colleague Jake Tapper this about the body: "We are ensuring it is handled in accordance with Islamic practice and tradition. It's something we take seriously and therefore it's being handled in an appropriate manner."

Under Islamic tradition, ABC's Zunaira Zaki reports, the body would be washed by Muslim men and buried as soon as possible, usually by the next prayer (Muslims pray five times a day), although there may be delays under certain circumstances (for autopsies, for example). The body is usually buried in a simple white sheet -- whether buried in the ground, or at sea.``

Edited by ShannonC, 02 May 2011 - 09:08 AM.

#31 sherri

sherri

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,413 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:09 AM

they are talking about it on am800 right now and most people dont believe he is dead

#32 Lasergirl

Lasergirl

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

Wow- that really surprises me that most people don't believe. Yippee- maybe there is hope for the sheeple after all!

#33 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 11:49 AM

Apparently the White House is now debating releasing photographs of Osama's body in light of a surge of speculation that he really is NOT dead.

I watched well into the morning the updates and info as it became available and listened to stories from people who were affected by 9/11 and went down to Ground Zero to celebrate with others.

It was incredible to watch and not once did I think this was all some elaborate hoax. I can't imagine any President doing something like that, this man caused so much pain to so many and lying about him finally being found and killed would just be heart breaking to all affected.

#34 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:10 PM

Apparently the White House is now debating releasing photographs of Osama's body in light of a surge of speculation that he really is NOT dead.

I watched well into the morning the updates and info as it became available and listened to stories from people who were affected by 9/11 and went down to Ground Zero to celebrate with others.

It was incredible to watch and not once did I think this was all some elaborate hoax. I can't imagine any President doing something like that, this man caused so much pain to so many and lying about him finally being found and killed would just be heart breaking to all affected.

You really don't think that any president would lie to the people about something like this? If memory serves me correctly, there have been many lies that have hurt many people. Think back when Bush claimed there were "weapons of mass destruction" in Iraq, the US invaded Iraq even when all the evidence pointed to the contrary.

#35 vals

vals

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 12:27 PM

Yes Presidents lie, I never disputed that, but this is not Monica Lewinsky, weapons of mass destruction, wayward weapons trades or the cuban missle crisis for crying out loud. This is something that desegregated the United States and had a monumental impact on people all around the globe and risking a lie of this magnitude, to be caught fibbing about capturing and killing a man responsible for so much violence and death would be suicide for a president. We've seen it time and time again that lies are too easy to be turned these days and with sneaky reporters and inside people willing to sell off what they know to the highest bidder, there is no doubt that if this did in fact not happen that it would surface and then what??? There would be an angry lynch mop at the White House gates!