20 replies to this topic

#1 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:51 AM

As of May 9th I received my final mark for biology (79%) which was my last course needed to receive my grade 12 diploma! I am officially a high school graduate, just waiting to receive my diploma now! It's been a long time coming but I'm happy to say I have finally accomplished it and although my family thinks it's not big deal I'm extremely proud of it to now only have graduated after so long but to graduate with really high marks. Biology was one of my lowest marks so I'm very proud of that.

Now on the agenda is to continue upgrading for the next year, university biology, chemistry, math and physics which we continue to ttc and work with our doctor to get through our fertility issues. Then from there I will apply to St.Clair for the RN program and once they have the ultrasound tech I'm very intrigued to take that as well. In the meantime it is all about upgrading with very high marks, getting part time work at the very minimal, cutting down our expenses and saving as much as possible and getting the rest of our lives on track which includes working through our infertility issues.

Also on a great note, the very same day that I received my biology mark we paid off our very last debt. One week from my 26th birthday I became a high school graduate and debt free! It was one very exciting day that is for sure!

Just thought I would come and share since so many of the members here have been a great support system while I was working on my courses and have offered a ton of advice! Thank you everyone!

#2 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 08:52 AM

it is a BIG deal!!! congrats!!

#3 jag

jag

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,065 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:01 AM

That is a very big deal!! Congratulations of finishing that up. It couldn't have been easy with a family to take care of at the same time!! Pat yourself on the back!

#4 JavaBean

JavaBean

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,134 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:04 AM

You should be very proud! WTG!

#5 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 09:08 AM

Thanks everyone! It feels so good to have it accomplished. I really want to get graduation pictures done but not sure if you can just rent the cap and gown somewhere to have them done? Does anyone know?

#6 mysticmom

mysticmom

Been here since the beginning of m2m

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,808 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:01 AM

You can get them done at Real Canadian Superstore, they have the gown and cap. Pacakges are 9.99 or 14.99 for a small one. Good Luck!

#7 Leanne

Leanne

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,261 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

congrats it is a BIG deal!! good for you.

#8 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:54 AM

I've been wondering whatever happened to you! Congrats, that is a huge accomplishment. I too would be getting my pics done, heck i would throw a party. I'm super proud of you!

#9 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 10:59 AM

Congrats! That's a huge accomplishment!

#10 DoubleD

DoubleD

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 296 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:18 AM

That's huge! Congrats!!! As far as applying to the BScN RN program, you don't need physics. And as long as the courses you took were advanced courses (GAS11/21 etc) then you don't even need to take any other courses to apply for the program. Go to the registration desk at the college and talk to Ramona. She'll tell you if you have everything you need. :) Good luck!!!

#11 Trea

Trea

M2M member since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,797 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:20 AM

:YAY :YAY :YAY

#12 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:23 AM

I've been wondering whatever happened to you! Congrats, that is a huge accomplishment. I too would be getting my pics done, heck i would throw a party. I'm super proud of you!

Thanks hun! And we actually are throwing a party but combining it with my youngest daughters birthday once it warms up in July!

#13 Mama_with_a_dream

Mama_with_a_dream

Habit Forming

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:27 AM

That's huge! Congrats!!! As far as applying to the BScN RN program, you don't need physics. And as long as the courses you took were advanced courses (GAS11/21 etc) then you don't even need to take any other courses to apply for the program. Go to the registration desk at the college and talk to Ramona. She'll tell you if you have everything you need. :) Good luck!!!

I know I do not need the physics but since I already need to do some upgrading (university 12 biology, chemistry and math) I planned on doing the physics so when the ultrasound tech program is offered at St.Clair I will have everything that I need in order to apply! I've already spoke to the personal at the college and have registered at Mason's to finish my upgrading since the ACE program offered at St.Clair does not offer university courses obviously and the BScN RN program is a bridging program so you need university. I figure if I'm going to be spending the next year upgrading I might as well take the physics now. I could completely skip all of this and just apply to pre-health but since we are trying to save I'm going to do the upgrading, and get my license so it can save us some money in the long run and we can see where we stand as far as ttc. Thank you very much for the advice though, I really appreciate the input.

#14 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:51 AM

WTG!!!! CONGRATS!!!!!

#15 crayons

crayons

Thoroughly addicted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,391 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 11:55 AM

:congrats

#16 momand2kidz

momand2kidz

Momand2kidz

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 977 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 12:56 PM

Congratulations!! You should be very proud of all you have accomplished!

#17 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 01:23 PM

Congrats!!! :)

#18 SourPickle

SourPickle

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 301 posts

Posted 26 May 2011 - 02:44 PM

WTG!!

#19 murkywaters

murkywaters

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,645 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 08:40 AM

Good Job!!!!! That's GREAT!!! Way to better yourself and show the kids how important an education is!!

#20 momov2

momov2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 01:39 PM

Congratulations!! That is a very big deal!! Good Luck on your future endeavors!

#21 Leslie

Leslie

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 06 June 2011 - 02:01 PM

:wow :thumbsup