Photo

Caillou...all you never really cared to know about this show.

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:42 PM

Q. Why is Caillou bald?
A. Caillou’s character is based on a much younger character featured in illustrated children’s books published before the television series was created. Generally, for children, Caillou is a larger than life image of a preschooler. The fact that he is bald does not seem to bother preschoolers in the least. Not only do they never mention it, but when asked to think about why Caillou has no hair, our focus groups just laughed and replied: "He just doesn’t have any hair!"

Caillou's Family

Caillou - A 4-year-old boy who is fascinated by the world around him, Caillou has a vivid imagination with friends and family who help him navigate the trials and tribulations of growing up. In season 1 he was 2-3 years old and wore a gray shirt, but later he wore a yellow shirt. Caillou and his family live in a two-story blue house, whose address is mentioned in one episode: 17 Pine St. His nickname is the "Prince of Imagination". Caillou was first voiced by Bryn McAuley, then Jaclyn Linetsky, and then voiced by Annie Bovaird due to Linetsky's death in a car crash.

Doris - Caillou's mother. She is a busy homemaker most of the time but is seen to work in an office too. Caillou occasionally helps his mom with various chores and she often takes time to involve Caillou and his friends in activities such as crafts and baking. She is predominantly dressed in a red blouse with yellow trim. Doris is Voiced by Jennifer Seguin. She is only known on-screen as Mommy.

Boris - Caillou's father. He and Caillou occasionally work on projects around the house. Like Doris, his name is never explicitly mentioned in dialogue. Daddy always wears a green sweater with red trim while at home. In the episode Caillou The Chef he says he once worked at a restaurant and made pizza. Boris is voiced by Pat Fry. He is only known on-screen as Daddy.

Rosie (French name: Mousseline) - Rosie is Caillou’s lively and adorable 2-year-old sister who is a typical toddler. She always wants to take part in the same activities as Caillou. In later seasons of the series, she becomes more talkative and independent. Rosie was first voiced by Brigid Tierney, then Jesse Vinet.

Grandma - Caillou's paternal grandmother. Grandma is a very active how loves the arts and the outdoors. She passes that love on to Caillou. Grandma often comes up with creative ideas to solve Caillou's problems. She and Caillou paint and go birdwatching together. She is Boris' mother. Grandma is voiced by Pauline Little.

Grandpa - Caillou's paternal grandfather. He takes Caillou on adventures, often going on walks and riding the bus throughout the town in which they reside. In Caillou's hiding place, he showed Caillou a hidden area inside a tree in the backyard. In the episode Camping with Grandpa, he and Caillou camp in the backyard. He is Boris' father and loves to tell stories about Caillou’s Daddy, when he was a little boy. He always wears a blue shirt. Grandpa was originally voiced by George Carlin, but after Carlin's death in 2008, his voice was replaced by Tim Conway.
Gilbert - Caillou's pet cat.

#2 terbear

terbear

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:43 PM

???????

WTF???????

thanks??????

#3 DivineMrsM

DivineMrsM

Member since October 2005

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,592 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:44 PM

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

#4 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:45 PM

oh and just for a recap on season 1's episodes
check this link

http://www.caillou.c...u-season-1.html

Teri I thought some people might be interested to know Caillous parents first names :)

#5 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:46 PM

here is some more useful Caillou information lol

Caillou's Friends and Neighbors
Paul Hinkle (French name: Monsieur Lajoie) - Caillou's neighbor, introduced in the 1998 episode "Caillou's Not Afraid Anymore".

Caillou's friends: (Back) Clementine, Sarah - (Front) Gilbert, Caillou, Leo, Rosie
Leo - Leo started out as a bully in the 1999 episode "Caillou Goes To Daycare", but quickly befriended Caillou in the same episode. He is four years old like Caillou. They've been inseparable since. According to Caillou's Holiday Movie, Leo is Jewish and celebrates Hanukkah. In one episode, Leo's mother is Mrs. Martin, the teacher at day care, though in others his mother is a different woman.
Clementine - Clementine was the first to befriend Caillou in the 1999 episode "Caillou Goes To Daycare". She is four years old like Caillou and Leo and can get rather bossy sometimes, but all in all she's pretty understanding. She is of Black Canadian heritage.
Sarah - Caillou first met her in "Caillou Goes Round the Block". She is 8 years old and already attends school. She is of Chinese heritage and celebrates Chinese New Year. She has a cousin in an episode where she invites Caillou to celebrate Chinese New Year. In another she invites him to school for "Bring Your Younger Siblings To School Day" because she has no siblings. Sarah has a pet cat named Olly.
André - A red-headed boy, aged 6, André is introduced in the Caillou episode "Caillou's Big Friend". According to the song "Days of the Week" released on the Caillou music CD "Caillou and Friends", Caillou plays with him every Saturday. André enjoys biking and soccer.
Julie - Caillou's babysitter. She is 15, blond, and enjoys playing with Caillou.
Jason & Jeffery - are identical twins. They enjoy eating pizza. Initially, they wore identically colored clothes. By Season 4, though, Jeffery started wearing a shirt with inverted colors, in order to tell them apart. They are both in Caillou's playschool class.
Billy - Billy is Clementine's older brother. He is usually seen playing in a band with his friends or playing in sports. His age is unknown, but he appears to be at least a teenager.
Ms. Martin - Caillou's teacher. She has red hair and always wears overalls. According to the episode A Surprise For Ms.Martin her birthday is in June. In Caillou goes to daycare It is said that Ms. Martin's first name is Ann.
Jonus - One of Boris' friends. He lives on ranch and has a horse named Lucky . Jonus appears in 3 episodes and in Caillou's Holiday Movie.
Emma - A kid in Caillou's playschool class who hates loud noises.
Xavier - A kid in Calliou's playschool class. At his birthday party Caillou broke a piñata.

#6 mom2nico

mom2nico

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,571 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:47 PM

You really do have time on your hands! Somehow, I don't have time, but I'm wasting mine reading all of that! lol

#7 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:50 PM

Someone has a little too much time on their hands.................... but thanks so much for all this useless info!!! oops i meant useful info :bow2

#8 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:53 PM

well look at it this way, I just googled the useless info, someone actually took the time to put it all on wikipedia lol

#9 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:54 PM

Why is it necessary to put his friends nationalities but only when they are not white? I found that odd lol.

#10 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 07:57 PM

Yea that is true! But :thankyou-rose now I know his parents are boris and doris LMAO!!

#11 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:00 PM

See you learn something every day!!

Tomorrow I will post a thread on all you need to know about Max and Ruby :)

#12 Jen.Uh.Fur

Jen.Uh.Fur

Hopelessly devoted

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,012 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:01 PM

Why doesn't Doris have parents?

#13 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:08 PM

I wondered that too ... lol..

#14 TecMommY

TecMommY

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,847 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:28 PM

Actually Im interested in Martha's human family. lol

#15 sims

sims

team murky waters

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,511 posts

Posted 28 May 2011 - 08:32 PM

thank you free month of netfilxs i seen(hear) all 4yrs
i have to say one thing about this show
as get older the whinine stops alittle
he deal with real things in life
not fake stuff like dora
he has a mom and dad around
not like rube and max
they want him to try to do thing on his own 1st
yes he can be neils on choar board but my little girl love him right now
so hopefullly it will was pass soon
oh wait nathan lolol

#16 ShannonC

ShannonC

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:36 AM

Well now, that's fantastic lol. I had never realized that until his death George Carlin did the voice of the grandfather - love him.

#17 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 12:52 AM

on the title of this thread...change the last word from show to sh!t..and then youll know exactly what i think of caillou.BAHAHAHAHAHA

#18 Cowboy From Hell

Cowboy From Hell

Just getting started

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 01:46 AM

But Caillou isn't real.

#19 LoveMyKids2

LoveMyKids2

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 283 posts

Posted 29 May 2011 - 10:10 AM

Seriously cant stand the kid/show and of course my daughter loves it!!!! Want to kick myself in the face every time it's on!!