4 replies to this topic

#1 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 05:03 PM

Today I stopped in at my church daycare to see if they need any toy donations and to sign up for a PA camp day. She was saying that they are hoping to open their doors to accept infants in their daycare and are willing Cloth diaper your child if you supply the things they will need. Wish there were a daycare that would offered that when DD was little. Only Issue is they are out here in Amherstburg.

#2 emmsmama

emmsmama

"Be the change you wish to see in the world." Gandhi

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:13 PM

I don't understand why any daycare would have an issue with cloth if it's really easy ones like pocket diapers. I could see them not wanting to do pins and prefolds with covers as that would be messier, but pockets are no harder to change than a disposable. It's good to know that that daycare accepts cloth diapers.

#3 Supermel

Supermel

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,782 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:34 PM

I just read on another board a provider saying she would never do cloth. I just don't get it- i actually prefer it- the mess goes home (and in the toilet) and is not smelling up my garage :D The little guy i watch is in bum genius and its so simple.

#4 canadianangel

canadianangel

Mom2momer since Sept 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 854 posts

Posted 01 June 2011 - 08:49 PM

I know So easy and so much better for the environment! PM if anyone wants the info or I could put it down not sure if I am allowed to or not

#5 EmnMs

EmnMs

mmmmum

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 328 posts

Posted 02 June 2011 - 10:36 PM

I allow cloth at my daycare , I actually prefer it too!! But some daycares don't do cloth because if they are licenced they have specific regulations that don't allow the use of cloth diapers - I am learning this from a daycare forum I am a part of, I haden't heard of a few of these regulations, but I do know they exist