36 replies to this topic

#36 Jenn1980

Jenn1980

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 12:53 PM

My grandmother was in a couple that I found really nice. Each floor had a common area with picture windows looking over the water, a big-screen TV, and fresh fruit and pastries set out with coffee and tea all day. After that home she moved to a more permanent one that had some nice courtyards with gardens, and there were display cases in front of every room for the residents to display personal mementos and pictures (I think this helped some residents with dementia find their rooms). The staff was always lovely and very warm.

Nursing homes don't skeeve me out - but getting old and losing all my physical and mental faculties definitely does.

Yeah Huron Lodge is similar. The property itself is very nice and they also have the display cases in front of their bedroom doors.

#37 Neaser

Neaser

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 87 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:41 PM

Sometimes maybe the resident always refuses to go do things and the PSW can't force them to go if they don't want too....What I have seen was family members that come in once and a blue moon think they know what there relative wants and should be doing they are only a couple workers per certain amount of residents