13 replies to this topic

#1 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 05:37 PM

Both of my kids are going to this place for their end of year school trip. They say on the form that they have a little store that the kids will be able to buy little things at.. I'm just curious as to what types of stuff they sell? I'm not sure how much money to send with each kid. Is it expensive?

Would you say they could buy something with 5$ each, or should I do 10$? They each have a toonie to bring..lol They have been saving it for their trip so they can "buy stuff". So it would either be 7$ or 12$. I just don't want them to get there and see that they can't afford anything at all!

#2 Jen K

Jen K

Bronze Volunteer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,252 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:24 PM

I just remember food, drinks ice cream and candy.. I dont remember if they sell other things there or not. Oh and they sell food for the animals.
Hopefully someone else thats been there might chime in if they sell other things or not

#3 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:33 PM

I'm going on Sunday so I'll take a look for you, but I just remember it being more of a concession?

#4 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 06:49 PM

I was wondering how much I should send too Jill....I worry what two kidlets who are too young will do with that money.Val..can you check ice cream prices for me please !

#5 Kris

Kris

Plotting a takeover

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,533 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:36 PM

form what I remember it was a general store type thing with treats and stuff. Maybe a few small toys

#6 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 07:52 PM

Ok sounds good.

Lisa, I was concerned with that too, but then I remembered there is an adult for every little group of kids. I told my kids to ask the adult if they can afford it, and to remember that everything has tax, so to ask to be sure you have enough money first.

Maybe I will just go with the 5$ then, so they have 7$ total? I'll see. We are to send their full lunch, so they wouldn't need to buy that.. just ice cream or a treat if they want. I really want them to be able to buy basically whatever they want, in terms of snacks or treats.

#7 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:03 PM

Im thinking maybe enough for ice cream or a slushie,and enough for a bag of feed each,which I think is 3 bucks??I figure 7 or 8 is fine..beyond that and I see them coming home with garbage.Neither of them has ever paid for something in a store....so this will be interesting.

#8 creative mama

creative mama

No turning back now

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 10 June 2011 - 08:36 PM

last time we were there a few years back there was a little general store/souvenir place - lots of small toys and candies to buy right up to more expensive things. If I remember correctly, you could even buy a peacock feather! If it were me, I'd probably send 10, but I'm sure they could each find something for 5.

#9 vals

vals

Proud member since September 2008

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,169 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 07:27 PM

Okay, just got back - dd and I had an awesome day :)

The snack stand is pretty standard with candy, ice cream, slushies, pop etc...$1.50 - $5 range. They also sell bags of food for the animals for $2 or you can get it as you walk around for $0.25 out of a machine (most of the animals are overfed and could care less though). There is also a gift shop that I never noticed before today. Its around back near the reptiles and has small toys, jewelry, postcards and t-shirts ranging from $3 up.

$10 would be more than enough to buy a small snack, silly souvenir and animal food.

#10 Hunnybunches

Hunnybunches

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 08:16 PM

Okay, just got back - dd and I had an awesome day :)

The snack stand is pretty standard with candy, ice cream, slushies, pop etc...$1.50 - $5 range. They also sell bags of food for the animals for $2 or you can get it as you walk around for $0.25 out of a machine (most of the animals are overfed and could care less though). There is also a gift shop that I never noticed before today. Its around back near the reptiles and has small toys, jewelry, postcards and t-shirts ranging from $3 up.

$10 would be more than enough to buy a small snack, silly souvenir and animal food.

ty!!!I thought there was a gift shop.For the sake of the shop..I hope the kids arent allowed in there...lol

#11 Rox028802

Rox028802

No turning back now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,359 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 09:36 PM

Its a gift shop and a snack shop combined kinda. We bought the kids wooden train wistles the one time we were there... they have other neat toys or t-shirts. and trinkets and candy. ect.

#12 Mama2Gracie

Mama2Gracie

So in love with my saving Grace

• Sponsors
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,329 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

things are actually really reasonably priced there. I bought Grace a t-shirt for like 10 or 12 $

#13 lyndz

lyndz

New Kid on the Block

• Members
  • Pip
  • 160 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 12:56 PM

Just got back from here, I was really impressed!! My two year old son loved the animals and the splash pad!! What a great family place!

#14 Jill

Jill

Plotting a takeover

• Forum Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,944 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 05:50 PM

I didn't go but my kids had a ball! They both got a few snacks and were super excited. :)